Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Emerald Club
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
KAL does not do matches. JAL will only match if you have a corporate agreement.
good to know, thanks for clarifying that one.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
KAL does not do matches. JAL will only match if you have a corporate agreement.
JAL will also consider if you can proof a regular travel scheme in the upcoming months e.g if you'd qualify for the status level you're requesting.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
Yes. Many of us used the O6 and TK match last year. TK does a challenge now and O6 match ended.
Has O6 match totally ended? Has anyone had success after the official end. My TK Gold tastes expires at the end of this month. It has been a glorious 2 years of dom United Lounge access!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: EP - AA
Should we continue with the UA Status match?

My wife and I are both EP with AA and have competed 24K out of the 35K miles required to meet the 1K status match within 90 days. Most of our travel is international and we must book economy class tickets. If we meet the UA requirement we will not receive any CPUs unless we fly another 65k miles. Why should we continue with the status match if we don't receive any international upgrade benefits? We could be in Business on AA using our SWUs and adding more SWUs to our accounts. Are we missing something? Thanks!

Last edited by Tank5860; Mar 26, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:00 pm
Suspended

I am an Alaska MVP. Is there an airline I can status match to?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tank5860
My wife and I are both EP with AA and have competed 24K out of the 35K miles required to meet the 1K status match within 90 days. Most of our travel is international and we must book economy class tickets. If we meet the UA requirement we will not receive any CPUs unless we fly another 65k miles. Why should we continue with the status match if we don't receive any international upgrade benefits? We could be in Business on AA using our SWUs and adding more SWUs to our accounts. Are we missing something? Thanks!
Yes, you should have read the T&C's before you did the status match instead of mid-way through it. FT rule #1 -- always read and fully understand the T&C's before making any decisions.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:46 am

LBJ

We read the T&C and it did not mention upgrades. When UA states 1K status match we thought they meant full status match benefits. We now feel it was misleading and not worth completing if there is not international upgrade benefits. Zone 1 boarding and preferred seating can be purchased for $500 per year. So what other benefits do we receive with this status match?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:22 am

All regular *G benefits?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: 1 thousand
LBJ

We read the T&C and it did not mention upgrades. When UA states 1K status match we thought they meant full status match benefits. We now feel it was misleading and not worth completing if there is not international upgrade benefits. Zone 1 boarding and preferred seating can be purchased for $500 per year. So what other benefits do we receive with this status match?
How can you buy Zone 1 boarding? The MP Explorer only gives you Zone 2 boarding, Zone 1 is only for First/1k/platinum (I think the ordering is different for 3-class Intl though?)

You also get *G lounge access, much higher luggage allowance, better mileage earning, better domestic upgrade chances, better CS treatment etc etc.

In fact I think it's only fair you have to earn the GPUs. Everyone else had to earn GPUs by flying 100k miles, UA are offering to match your status here, but gifting free upgrades seems excessive.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by televisor
How can you buy Zone 1 boarding? The MP Explorer only gives you Zone 2 boarding, Zone 1 is only for First/1k/platinum (I think the ordering is different for 3-class Intl though?)

You also get *G lounge access, much higher luggage allowance, better mileage earning, better domestic upgrade chances, better CS treatment etc etc.

In fact I think it's only fair you have to earn the GPUs. Everyone else had to earn GPUs by flying 100k miles, UA are offering to match your status here, but gifting free upgrades seems excessive.
Many propably assume they do give them as AA unfortunately does...

I think perhaps a prorated amount of GPU and RPU would be a decent thing but their rules their game
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:25 am

UA could at least disclose the upgrades are not a benefits of the 1K status match up front.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
UA could at least disclose the upgrades are not a benefits of the 1K status match up front.
All the material I have ever seen indicated that the upgrade instruments are only earned after regular requal.

They sent me a match offer which I passed on for this very reason!
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:44 am

We went directly to the UA web site under:

Home > MileagePlus program > MileagePlus News & Offers > Offer > MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge

No mention of upgrades on the status match page, no mention of upgrades on the application form and no mention on the acceptance email letter. Seems Marketing doesn't understand Sales 101, don't make the new customer angry! Thanks for your replies
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
We went directly to the UA web site under:

Home > MileagePlus program > MileagePlus News & Offers > Offer > MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge

No mention of upgrades on the status match page, no mention of upgrades on the application form and no mention on the acceptance email letter. Seems Marketing doesn't understand Sales 101, don't make the new customer angry! Thanks for your replies
Seems to me I can find only their Challenge they offer, not pure match
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Is China Airlines still matching? And will they match O6*G or AB/SAPPHIRE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.