Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
I'm sorry, they challenged me to complete 12.500 miles...
I would write back and ask them why only Gold since you are EXP. Tell them you want a challenge to 1K. They challenge-matched my EXP to 1K less than a month ago.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
I would write back and ask them why only Gold since you are EXP. Tell them you want a challenge to 1K. They challenge-matched my EXP to 1K less than a month ago.
I wrote back to UA and they apologized for the mix-up. They changed
my status and challenge to 1K
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
I wrote back to UA and they apologized for the mix-up. They changed
my status and challenge to 1K
What's the amount of miles you'll have to fly in order to keep the 1k status past the challenge?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Juanefny
What's the amount of miles you'll have to fly in order to keep the 1k status past the challenge?
35,000 EQMs in 90 days.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:16 pm

If anyone's interested, here are the terms for the 1K challenge:

The 90 day flight challenge has been updated on your account for Premier 1K status. If you met the qualifications on or after July 1, 2016, your account will retain status through January 31, 2018.

The information regarding the flight challenge is listed below.
You’ve been awarded a trial period of Premier 1K status in the MileagePlus program while you complete a 90-day challenge. Your 90-day timeframe is June 16. 2016 through September 14, 2016. To satisfy the terms of this challenge, you’ll need to fly 35,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or 40 Premier qualifying segments (PQS) within the 90-day timeframe. Qualifying activity for this promotion only includes flights operated by United and United Express and credited to your MileagePlus account. Bonus PQM/PQS, promotional PQM/PQS, credit card PQM, or PQM/PQS earned on Star Alliance member airlines do not count toward qualification for this promotion.
You will not receive a Premier 1K card during the trial period. If you meet the above requirements, a Premier 1K kit will be issued at the end of the challenge and should arrive within six weeks. Until you have a card, be sure to add your MileagePlus number to your reservation in order to benefit from your Premier status. If you are unable to meet the goals of your challenge, but have met the requirements of a lower level, you will be given the status for which you qualified.
We don’t offer Regional or Global Premier Upgrades during the trial period or after the challenge is met. Regional and Global Premier Upgrades are deposited only upon meeting the full qualification requirements of Premier Platinum or Premier 1K status.
In order to qualify for Premier status in subsequent years, you’ll need to meet the published criteria. Members are permitted to earn Premier status through the Premier Status Match program a maximum of one time in a five year period.
Please visit www.united.com/statusmatch for complete terms and conditions of the Status Match program and www.united.com/premier for Premier program information.
I hope you will travel with us often and take advantage of the exceptional benefits and service reserved for our Premier members around the world. Thank you for choosing United, and enjoy your Premier 1K membership.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
If anyone's interested, here are the terms for the 1K challenge:
Do they only match from AA (US) and DL or would they accept also non US programmes? It's not quite clear to me...
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
Do they only match from AA (US) and DL or would they accept also non US programmes? It's not quite clear to me...
United gave me the challenge matching from a BA Silver card.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
^
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
1k vs delta diamond upgrades

Anyone know how upgrades differ between 1ks and delta diamond? When I was delta diamond I scored 90+% of domestic upgrades with some flexibility and avoiding peak business travel times.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Happy to report that I was matched in less than 24 hours from BA Gold to UA Platinum for the challenge. Nice
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Granite64
Aeromexico is offering a statusmatch:

http://aeromexico.com/en/us/elite-match/
"Page No Longer Available"

Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by cblaisd
"Page No Longer Available"

As often is the case, matches can and do sometimes end fast especially when the blogs get ahold of them
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Any One World status match? My AB Gold expired. Can I ask for match again?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
Try and let us know, there's not really anything to lose.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by lingua101
Open new AB account with new email, and ask for match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.