Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:01 pm

I was planning on status matching as I have AA EXP from significant flying 2016 and would like to get some sort of status with either Delta or Alaska. However this year I will have very little flying. When I request a status match (was planning to late 2017 to get 2018 status), will they look at my YTD miles flown and deny me (as all the flying was in 2016)?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:28 pm

Anyone knows if Air China Offers Status Match?
Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:11 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by SFO777
Different BS with each. Glad I status matched my EXP to 1K. The EXP desk is now staff with way too many clueless HP/US agents. You'll miss the 1K agents. AA is now a garbage airline. Meals are inedible, worse than anything even Jeff thought off. DL's agents are solid but you're stuck with the # alliance. I guess it all depends on what are you looking for in an airline/alliance. If you decide to match/challenge, make you sure you complete the challenge after July 1st so you get an extra year.
But better business decision-making paradygms at AA and DL. The Dao situation is just the latest example, and the UA GA didn't think clearly as it wasn't an overbook situation so those rules didn't apply and the CFR didn't allow them to do what they did to Dr Dao. Should have offered more money snd gotten the 4th "volunteer." DL will pay up to apx $10k, but UA will drag you off and end up having to pay MILLIONS. And, their CEO is dishonest and not honorable so will lie and not accept responsibility. Dougie at AA may not be the best, but can't imagine him pulling a Munoz, who doesn't know his basic Herb Kelaher. Also, airline food is rarely edible on any airline.

I'd fly Frontier before I'd set foot in a UA/UX plane. Social responsibility counts for something.

Last edited by rbAA; Apr 14, 2017 at 9:21 pm
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by The3ears
Anyone knows if Air China Offers Status Match?
Thanks
They don't.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:24 pm

Just did a match of my UA Gold to CX MPC Silver. The process was relatively easy, just sent them all my details. I am switching all my flying from *A to OW this year so I guess I'll see what the other side lives like. I'm actually surprised at how easy it was. At least OWR seems to offer more than *S.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Does anyone know of any recent matches from Oneworld Emerald to any Skyteam programme?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
So I searched this thread, and couldn't find the answer. Does Southwest Airlines match airlines' elite status? I would love A list preferred, but think they only challenge up to a status...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Juanefny
So I searched this thread, and couldn't find the answer. Does Southwest Airlines match airlines' elite status? I would love A list preferred, but think they only challenge up to a status...
They only give challenges.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by yannerd
Just did a match of my UA Gold to CX MPC Silver. The process was relatively easy, just sent them all my details. I am switching all my flying from *A to OW this year so I guess I'll see what the other side lives like. I'm actually surprised at how easy it was. At least OWR seems to offer more than *S.
Thanks for the idea. Could you share the email you used to contact them and what info is needed?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by al613
Thanks for the idea. Could you share the email you used to contact them and what info is needed?
You can email them at [email protected]

I just sent them PDF printouts of my United login page showing my status as well as a statement showing my flights for the past year.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
Do CX provide a status match even without travel having been made to HKG in the past?

Last edited by AirCub1; Apr 23, 2017 at 11:49 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl

I just sent them PDF printouts of my United login page showing my status as well as a statement showing my flights for the past year.
Thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by AirCub1
Do CX provide a status match even without travel having been made to HKG in the past?
They do if you have an existing booking.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold

Do you know if i book an award flight with them will do the trick for a status match?
Old May 3, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
Presumably with Alitalia having a doubtful future, we may start to see some of its competitors offering status match deals for their goal MilleMiglia customers...like me? Certainly I am very reluctant to book anything with Alitalia beyond the next month or so, so will be looking to other airlines be they in the same alliance or others to which to take my custom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.