Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
A3 Gold....got only TK Classic Plus

My gf is A3 gold. Tried to match her to TK Elite, but only got TK Classic. Has there been a change?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
The email always says classic for some reason. Check your account to see the real level.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 3:30 am

Hi guys looking for some advice.

Currently have AB Gold until June 2016 and AZ Platinum until March 2017 and looking to status match into *A. Currently aware of two opportunities: TK and Copa.

From what I have examined, Copa is offering status matches because they are a new program, either providing a challenge with valid status until the end of 2015 or a genuine match providing status until the end of February 2017.

This is compared to TK who have been providing status matches for quite a few years and provide two years of status.

Currently I am thinking about using the Copa match, hope it is successful and as I near completion (lets say 6 months prior to my AZ status expiring) hope that the TK match is still around and utilise it.

What are your thoughts? Do you think the TK match is likely to be around a year from now?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:27 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by In Yukon
Just got matched from Delta Gold Medallion to Copa's ConnectMiles Gold. Sent in to accounts [at] connectmiles.com just under two hours ago! Have been waiting ages for TK's match, thought I'd try Copa today. Very impressed with the speed!
Sent my request to my match United Premier Gold on Thursday; just got the the email saying my status is now Gold.

But I note on the website that the print card option still comes up with a plain blue card, and nowhere in my account can I find how long the status lasts.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Sent my request to my match United Premier Gold on Thursday; just got the the email saying my status is now Gold.
But I note on the website that the print card option still comes up with a plain blue card, and nowhere in my account can I find how long the status lasts.
Originally Posted by In Yukon
Just got matched from Delta Gold Medallion to Copa's ConnectMiles Gold. Sent in to accounts [at] connectmiles.com just under two hours ago! Have been waiting ages for TK's match, thought I'd try Copa today. Very impressed with the speed!
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Excellent, good for you. Please tell me your secret, I’ve sent my info and card images to the same email address twice and have not received any response. Thanks.
Originally Posted by keitherson
You are 1K. you do not need to send in anything, just call them. they can check United's system to see your status and match you.
My data point FWIW: Joined Copa ConnectMiles online 2-3 weeks ago, called the next day to inquire about a status match intending to use my AA Platinum status (for some reason I thought they might see AA as more of a competitor than UA, didn’t think that those who make the decision probably couldn’t care less from which program they’re matching and didn’t know at that time that they award different upgrades with some status matches), was told to send the email and image of AA Platinum card. Did so once with no reply, again 3 or 4 days later with no reply and again in another 3 or 4 days with no reply; I never received an email reply to any of my emails. The morning after my third email I logged onto my Copa account and saw Platinum status as of that day. I have no idea if the new status was a result of my 1st or 2nd or 3rd email, I presume it was the 3rd.

Although Platinum status was written on the website, the card image displayed was blue. Called COPA, was told it would take a week for the card image to reflect the new status, and that a physical card can’t be mailed because one was already mailed and that my new status would expire on Dec 31, 2016. I then read somewhere that it took 48 hours for the card image to reflect new status. Logged on 2 days later, whaalaaa: a silver colored card stating “Platinum”, “Star Alliance Gold”, and “valid through 02/2017” along with 3 regional upgrades (awarded upon Platinum status qualification) expiring in exactly 1 year to the day.

The COPA website is agonizingly slow. They seem to know it; some pages have a warning that it may take time to load. I’ve completed every field in my profile (only because one phone agent told me that was a requirement to receive a plastic card), and 3000 miles credited (1000 per part for 3 parts), yet one part of my profile still indicates “96% completed”. Their phone reps seem poorly knowledgeable, I’m not sure I’ll ever receive a plastic card. Hopefully a paper printed card will be enough to get into a UA club and hopefully “Connect Regional Upgrades will also be available soon on United-operated flights” (at which time I might try for a status match from UA 1K which might match to Copa’s Presidential Platinum which is awarded 6 Connect Global Upgrades).

I certainly hope their flight operations are more ready for prime time than their website and their phone agents. They are being very generous with status matching. Hopefully this information will be of help to others.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:30 am

Reports are copa is NOT matching to programs 'not in their region', so your probably better off with TK.

Originally Posted by rakwim

Currently have AB Gold until June 2016 and AZ Platinum until March 2017 and looking to status match into *A. Currently aware of two opportunities: TK and Copa.

From what I have examined, Copa is offering status matches because they are a new program, either providing a challenge with valid status until the end of 2015 or a genuine match providing status until the end of February 2017.

This is compared to TK who have been providing status matches for quite a few years and provide two years of status.

Currently I am thinking about using the Copa match, hope it is successful and as I near completion (lets say 6 months prior to my AZ status expiring) hope that the TK match is still around and utilise it.

What are your thoughts? Do you think the TK match is likely to be around a year from now?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by moops380
Reports are copa is NOT matching to programs 'not in their region', so your probably better off with TK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakwim

Judging from Status match.com it looks like some have now also got denied with TK status...

I sent my request a week ago with my AZ status, haven't heard anything yet, but I guess I will eventually get 'not in their region' reply.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Great news! how long the status is valid for?
My data point FWIW: Joined Copa ConnectMiles online 2-3 weeks ago, called the next day to inquire about a status match intending to use my AA Platinum status (for some reason I thought they might see AA as more of a competitor than UA, didn’t think that those who make the decision probably couldn’t care less from which program they’re matching and didn’t know at that time that they award different upgrades with some status matches), was told to send the email and image of AA Platinum card. Did so once with no reply, again 3 or 4 days later with no reply and again in another 3 or 4 days with no reply; I never received an email reply to any of my emails. The morning after my third email I logged onto my Copa account and saw Platinum status as of that day. I have no idea if the new status was a result of my 1st or 2nd or 3rd email, I presume it was the 3rd.

Although Platinum status was written on the website, the card image displayed was blue. Called COPA, was told it would take a week for the card image to reflect the new status, and that a physical card can’t be mailed because one was already mailed and that my new status would expire on Dec 31, 2016. I then read somewhere that it took 48 hours for the card image to reflect new status. Logged on 2 days later, whaalaaa: a silver colored card stating “Platinum”, “Star Alliance Gold”, and “valid through 02/2017” along with 3 regional upgrades (awarded upon Platinum status qualification) expiring in exactly 1 year to the day.

The COPA website is agonizingly slow. They seem to know it; some pages have a warning that it may take time to load. I’ve completed every field in my profile (only because one phone agent told me that was a requirement to receive a plastic card), and 3000 miles credited (1000 per part for 3 parts), yet one part of my profile still indicates “96% completed”. Their phone reps seem poorly knowledgeable, I’m not sure I’ll ever receive a plastic card. Hopefully a paper printed card will be enough to get into a UA club and hopefully “Connect Regional Upgrades will also be available soon on United-operated flights” (at which time I might try for a status match from UA 1K which might match to Copa’s Presidential Platinum which is awarded 6 Connect Global Upgrades).

I certainly hope their flight operations are more ready for prime time than their website and their phone agents. They are being very generous with status matching. Hopefully this information will be of help to others.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:28 pm

I think just the card is no longer OK for TK, need to show activity too.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by al613
Great news! how long the status is valid for?
My data point FWIW: …
… a silver colored card stating “Platinum”, “Star Alliance Gold”, and “valid through 02/2017” ...
Old Sep 26, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Why are you status matching twice? Just for the upgrades? That's just greedy.

You could have just called and had them match you directly from 1K for the Presidential Platinum status. They can see your UA status directly and they match almost immediately without any email correspondence.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:35 pm

You could have just called and had them match you directly from 1K for the Presidential Platinum status. They can see your UA status directly and they match almost immediately without any email correspondence.
I wrote that I was not aware of that.

Why are you status matching twice?
I’ve not matched twice, I wrote “… I might …”.

Just for the upgrades?
If I do so, yes, for the upgrades; it’s exactly why all of us do all of this.

You need an Altitude adjustment.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:32 pm

I wrote that I was not aware of that.

I’ve not matched twice, I wrote “… I might …”.

If I do so, yes, for the upgrades; it’s exactly why all of us do all of this.

You need an Altitude adjustment.
I do it for the lounges!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: DL Diamon | UA Plat | SPG/MB Lifetime Plat | HH Diamond
in 2014, I had AB status matched to Gold from UA Platinum, and then hit minimum miles to keep that AB Gold through the end of 2015. Now that it is coming up, what is another OW carrier than can be easily status matched with UA Platinum? I was considering LAN. Any that are easier?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by antman8
in 2014, I had AB status matched to Gold from UA Platinum, and then hit minimum miles to keep that AB Gold through the end of 2015. Now that it is coming up, what is another OW carrier than can be easily status matched with UA Platinum? I was considering LAN. Any that are easier?
AA with payment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.