FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline Status Match Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:40 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Sent my request to my match United Premier Gold on Thursday; just got the the email saying my status is now Gold.
But I note on the website that the print card option still comes up with a plain blue card, and nowhere in my account can I find how long the status lasts.
Originally Posted by In Yukon
Just got matched from Delta Gold Medallion to Copa's ConnectMiles Gold. Sent in to accounts [at] connectmiles.com just under two hours ago! Have been waiting ages for TK's match, thought I'd try Copa today. Very impressed with the speed!
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Excellent, good for you. Please tell me your secret, I’ve sent my info and card images to the same email address twice and have not received any response. Thanks.
Originally Posted by keitherson
You are 1K. you do not need to send in anything, just call them. they can check United's system to see your status and match you.
My data point FWIW: Joined Copa ConnectMiles online 2-3 weeks ago, called the next day to inquire about a status match intending to use my AA Platinum status (for some reason I thought they might see AA as more of a competitor than UA, didn’t think that those who make the decision probably couldn’t care less from which program they’re matching and didn’t know at that time that they award different upgrades with some status matches), was told to send the email and image of AA Platinum card. Did so once with no reply, again 3 or 4 days later with no reply and again in another 3 or 4 days with no reply; I never received an email reply to any of my emails. The morning after my third email I logged onto my Copa account and saw Platinum status as of that day. I have no idea if the new status was a result of my 1st or 2nd or 3rd email, I presume it was the 3rd.

Although Platinum status was written on the website, the card image displayed was blue. Called COPA, was told it would take a week for the card image to reflect the new status, and that a physical card can’t be mailed because one was already mailed and that my new status would expire on Dec 31, 2016. I then read somewhere that it took 48 hours for the card image to reflect new status. Logged on 2 days later, whaalaaa: a silver colored card stating “Platinum”, “Star Alliance Gold”, and “valid through 02/2017” along with 3 regional upgrades (awarded upon Platinum status qualification) expiring in exactly 1 year to the day.

The COPA website is agonizingly slow. They seem to know it; some pages have a warning that it may take time to load. I’ve completed every field in my profile (only because one phone agent told me that was a requirement to receive a plastic card), and 3000 miles credited (1000 per part for 3 parts), yet one part of my profile still indicates “96% completed”. Their phone reps seem poorly knowledgeable, I’m not sure I’ll ever receive a plastic card. Hopefully a paper printed card will be enough to get into a UA club and hopefully “Connect Regional Upgrades will also be available soon on United-operated flights” (at which time I might try for a status match from UA 1K which might match to Copa’s Presidential Platinum which is awarded 6 Connect Global Upgrades).

I certainly hope their flight operations are more ready for prime time than their website and their phone agents. They are being very generous with status matching. Hopefully this information will be of help to others.