Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A few months ago my brother attempted to match AA Gold to Hawaiian. He was asked to show his AA statements showing how much he'd flown as well as proof of HA bookings. He had one paid J Hawaiian booking but they determined it wasn't enough, nor had he flown enough this year with AA, and they denied him.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
My partner got a status match to Singapore Air Gold status last week using his BA gold and Turkish Airlines Elite plus status. Contacted thru their website and was asked to submit 6 requirements including travel history, flight statement, if one has corporate account and future trips with SQ with booking number. It was perfect since he was flying on SilkAir/SQ from Cebu to Melbourne in economy class and was able to use the Plaza Premium Lounge in Cebu. No upgrade as the cabin was full even in business class but was able to choose seat with more legroom
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
My partner got a status match to Singapore Air Gold status last week using his BA gold and Turkish Airlines Elite plus status. Contacted thru their website and was asked to submit 6 requirements including travel history, flight statement, if one has corporate account and future trips with SQ with booking number. It was perfect since he was flying on SilkAir/SQ from Cebu to Melbourne in economy class and was able to use the Plaza Premium Lounge in Cebu. No upgrade as the cabin was full even in business class but was able to choose seat with more legroom
SQ matching status?

That's a first.

Could you provide instructions and contacts on how to request it? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
SQ matching status?

That's a first.

Could you provide instructions and contacts on how to request it? Thanks in advance.
Hi miamiflyer8,
I first saw a report of a status match from TK elite plus to SQ gold a few months ago on statusmatcher.com. Waited till my partner gets his BA gold status in the middle of October as there was not much activity on his TK account. Sent both pictures of BA Gold and TK Elite Plus cards to SQ website "Contact Us" using the UK website. Got a reply from them the following day asking for infos like account statement, travel history, future SQ flights with PNR, if working in a company and position. They said they will get back to us for the result of the request and it is not guarranteed that my partner will get the Gold status. After 2-3 days, got a reply stating he got the Gold status. Goodluck
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Hi miamiflyer8,
I first saw a report of a status match from TK elite plus to SQ gold a few months ago on statusmatcher.com. Waited till my partner gets his BA gold status in the middle of October as there was not much activity on his TK account. Sent both pictures of BA Gold and TK Elite Plus cards to SQ website "Contact Us" using the UK website. Got a reply from them the following day asking for infos like account statement, travel history, future SQ flights with PNR, if working in a company and position. They said they will get back to us for the result of the request and it is not guarranteed that my partner will get the Gold status. After 2-3 days, got a reply stating he got the Gold status. Goodluck
Hi,

matched for how long?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Sciamano
Hi,

matched for how long?
Matched for one year, until October 2020.
Sciamano likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Star Alliance status match/challenge for for Amigo Gold and Diamond members: https://www.staralliance.com/en/amigo-status-challenge
zeer0 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Originally Posted by erik123
Garuda match is only with the following:

1. Singapore Airlines (Krisflyer) Silver & Gold levels
2. Malaysian Airline (Enrich) Gold & Platinum levels
3. Thai Airways Gold & Platinum levels
4. Qantas Platinum & Platinum One levels
5. Cathay Pacific (Marcopolo) Gold & Diamond levels
6. Japan Airlines (JAL) JGC Premier & Diamond levels
7. ANA Airlines (ANA Mileage Club) ANA Platinum & Diamond levels
8. Lufthansa Senator & HON Circles levels
i matched to platinum with BA gold a few weeks ago
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
TAP: https://travel-dealz.eu/deal/tap-sta...tch-challenge/
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:20 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by chejus
Hello. I got a UNITED 1K STATUS as a gift and wanted to do a status match with BA or IB, has anyone done it recently? It doesn't seem to be working now.
Thanks!
BA does not status match. In recent years it has only ever extended status to members of airlines it has acquired (e.g. BMI in 2012). However, if you know how the system works it’s not that difficult to qualify as of right.

This is consistent with the way BA operates its whole business, in common with a lot of European airlines - essentially if you want something you have to pay for it!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Only for the accounts opened after 01/07/2019.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:03 am

Matched to Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles Premier Elite using my BA Gold status

Emailed them and inquired if they were giving status match. I was told to send flight statement and copies of card and I was told they would send an email to notify me of the match. Did not receive any email but logged in to my account after 10 days and was surprised to see my new status
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Star Alliance status match/challenge for for Amigo Gold and Diamond members: https://www.staralliance.com/en/amigo-status-challenge
My Air Canada 50K has come through.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:28 am

United gold>
trying to get OW sapphire
What airline would be willing to status match?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Just tried to status match to HA via AA Platinum. I challenged to AA Plat in January after flying enough for Gold in 2019. HA denied me because they "are unable to accommodate the status match request as the mileage statement did not show flights on the destinations that Hawaiian Airlines cater." I did ORD-HNL RT, RT ORD-LAS, ORD-LAS-PHX- KOA one-way plus a dozen or so regional flights to CVG and MSP from ORD. I thought it was a straight match to at least Gold, since Hawaiian is a niche airline that mostly flies inter-island and west coast. None of the blogs have mentioned this, and the consensus is that HA has one of the simplest and most generous matches in the industry.

EDIT: Hawaiian no longer offers status matching apparently...
"In this regard, we have provided a service where we can match their current status with another airline, if we are able to show that the guest has flown a considerable number of flights with us. Please note that for us to be able to process a status match, we should be able to show travels completed on Hawaiian Airlines."

Last edited by ajf87; Feb 20, 2020 at 1:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.