View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 20, 6:04 pm
ajf87

Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Hawaiian Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just tried to status match to HA via AA Platinum. I challenged to AA Plat in January after flying enough for Gold in 2019. HA denied me because they "are unable to accommodate the status match request as the mileage statement did not show flights on the destinations that Hawaiian Airlines cater." I did ORD-HNL RT, RT ORD-LAS, ORD-LAS-PHX- KOA one-way plus a dozen or so regional flights to CVG and MSP from ORD. I thought it was a straight match to at least Gold, since Hawaiian is a niche airline that mostly flies inter-island and west coast. None of the blogs have mentioned this, and the consensus is that HA has one of the simplest and most generous matches in the industry.

EDIT: Hawaiian no longer offers status matching apparently...
"In this regard, we have provided a service where we can match their current status with another airline, if we are able to show that the guest has flown a considerable number of flights with us. Please note that for us to be able to process a status match, we should be able to show travels completed on Hawaiian Airlines."

Last edited by ajf87; Feb 20, 20 at 1:25 pm