Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/05/11/...march-31-2019/

Tried the offer on the IHG website 1 week ago, still waiting an answer from someone (ANA or IHG)..
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Hi! I currently have UA Gold which I received through a status match from AA Platinum last year. I know that I can't status match to AA/DL, but is it possible to status match to equivalent status with someone else? I really don't care what airline, as long as I receive *Gold or OWS. I also don't mind flying a certain amount of miles in order to qualify for a match.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Alec84
Hi! I currently have UA Gold which I received through a status match from AA Platinum last year. I know that I can't status match to AA/DL, but is it possible to status match to equivalent status with someone else? I really don't care what airline, as long as I receive *Gold or OWS. I also don't mind flying a certain amount of miles in order to qualify for a match.
Maybe LATAM for OWS. I'm not sure how strict they are on earned status vs matched, but they do require a r/t flight on them before applying for a match.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:19 am

Question Which Airlines status match Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Hi All - Hoping to find an airline with which to status match my QA Gold. I'm based in Saudi and the diplomatic row with Qatar made it unfeasible to keep using QA (have to fly from Riyadh to Doha via kuwait or muscat...not worth it). Anyone have any luck or know any airlines that have accepted QA gold? QA was nice enough to give me a year complimentary at Gold, but doesn't help if I can't fly them! Please help - Much appreciated!!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
Maybe LATAM for OWS. I'm not sure how strict they are on earned status vs matched, but they do require a r/t flight on them before applying for a match.
I have been thinking about LATAM. However, they require a round-trip flight with them to even be considered for a match. For me the only reasonable option would be to fly MAD-FRA-MAD and try them. But if they don't match or offer a challenge this flight was all in vain.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by zeer0
Originally Posted by Alec84
I have been thinking about LATAM. However, they require a round-trip flight with them to even be considered for a match. For me the only reasonable option would be to fly MAD-FRA-MAD and try them. But if they don't match or offer a challenge this flight was all in vain.
I've seen on statusmatcher.com that they've suspended doing matches. Not sure how true this is but something to keep in mind.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Southwest is currently offering 90-day status match to A-list with screenshot proof of status at another carrier. Mine was processed within 48 hours. Also note there is no “one per lifetime” BS as I did a similar match last year.

You can can extend A-list for 12 months by booking and flying 6 segments within the 90 days. Note they are very strict about the “flight must be booked after registering” as I got shut out last year trying to use a flight rez that predated the promo.

Sorry i I don’t have a link but should be easy to find via the usual bloggers. Hurry this may not last as it was originally targeted but apparently open to all right now.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Thanks but I'm trying to access the site from outside the US and it said access denied. Do you think I have to be a US resident in order to do a status match?

TIA!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Alaska MVP, Flying Blue Silver
I'm getting the same error message and I'm in the US.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:55 pm

This is probably useless for most people (like myself), but I hope someone can benefit from this:

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/...te_status.html
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:24 pm
dr

I have dropped off all status - due to non travel for sometime - former 1K several times but hoping to find a quick way to challenge for UA/AC status. I may start traveling again and would love to do so without a painful waiting period.

I have an AC flight in business class later this year that will be about 13k round trip.

Any suggestions on how to leverage this for status?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:31 pm
dr

I may be confused, but I thought 1mm miles got you lifetime status on AA, and they also count credit card miles, so I would think BM count (though not towards each year's qualifying.)
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by dr
I may be confused, but I thought 1mm miles got you lifetime status on AA, and they also count credit card miles, so I would think BM count (though not towards each year's qualifying.)
AA stopped counting credit card generated miles towards lifetime totals a long time ago unfortunately.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Anyone matching OW status to SkyTeam? Elite or E+ is fine.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Anyone matching OW status to SkyTeam? Elite or E+ is fine.
Delta has a status challenge which includes 90 days of free status. Just look it up online and you'll see how to enter it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.