Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
If I'm LH HON Circle, with substantial interncontinental travel in F, what other major programs do you think I can try matching with? I'm looking at Flying Blue and BA Executive Club in particular, but am open to others.

I don't want a basic match, but I'm open to a challenge. And I avoid US carriers.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by sophialite
If I'm LH HON Circle, with substantial interncontinental travel in F, what other major programs do you think I can try matching with? I'm looking at Flying Blue and BA Executive Club in particular, but am open to others.

I don't want a basic match, but I'm open to a challenge. And I avoid US carriers.
Why don't you do both AF and BA? Send an email to them, also to QR and CX.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:56 am

AF just shot me down.

Will try the others although the first rejection definitely reduces motivation.

Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:15 am

Why do you need a status match if you do substantial intercontinental travel in F?

Last edited by mlqsko; Jul 5, 2019 at 3:23 am
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Why do you need a status match if you do substantial intercontinental travel in F?
This is fair. I suppose I am looking for upgrade vouchers so I can pay for business instead. Always helps to save money.

And when connecting in EU, I want excellent ground support on non-F travel.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:28 am

This is fair. I suppose I am looking for upgrade vouchers so I can pay for business instead. Always helps to save money.

And when connecting in EU, I want excellent ground support on non-F travel.
No program will give you upgrade vouchers with a match. That'd be a bit too generous.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
AF just shot me down.

Will try the others although the first rejection definitely reduces motivation.

You'll need to have flights booked with CX in order to get status match - send them statement with your F travel.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Getting conflicting info. I'm a DL Diamond who already qualified for next year, and if it was possible would already qualify for following year. Trying to match/challenge to Finnair . Where/how do I go about that.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Alex100i
Aerolinas Argentinas: applied within time limit and no response for several MONTHS, when following up today received feedback that status match was only valid for Argentina residents, this was not mentioned anywhere.
That was a slimy excuse from them, as that was not a condition they mentioned when asking for hotel/airline loyalty program info (that could be swiped and misused).
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:38 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Thank you for writing in requesting a status match with Delta Air Lines. While we appreciate your interest in our Medallion program, we do not match Finnair Airlines or any of our SkyMiles partners.
We appreciate your business and trust your future flights will be enjoyable. We hope you will continue to make Delta your airline of choice.
Regards,
SkyMiles Service Center
DL's status match challenge is pretty specific:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...challenge.html

Only those airlines are matched and they won't match a "matched" status unless you earned requalification the normal way.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:40 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Originally Posted by barracuda93
My application was just ignored by ANA. They didn't even bother to send an e-mail with rejection.
Of course, ANA gives PLT thru 3/20 for IHG Spires. Mine went thru first time, immediately.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by rbAA
[/left]DL's status match challenge is pretty specific:

Only those airlines are matched and they won't match a "matched" status unless you earned requalification the normal way.
How can/do they tell?

Also, are there any airlines that don't care about this? I have Delta Gold, and I was hoping to stretch it by finding another airline that would match.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by diburning
How can/do they tell?

Also, are there any airlines that don't care about this? I have Delta Gold, and I was hoping to stretch it by finding another airline that would match.
Read the T&C's in the offer. It requires a statement showing activity vs a status match.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by rbAA
DL's status match challenge is pretty specific:

They do match any carrier not listed in the description at their discretion. I tried matching AY which was denied but SK worked. Both not listed.

Last edited by miamiflyer8; Jul 21, 2019 at 9:41 pm
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:00 am

GarudaMiles is offering a status match (without challenge!). They even provide a form on there website: https://www.garuda-indonesia.com/fil...Order-Form.pdf

There is one confirmed match on StatusMatcher: Garuda Indonesia Status Match | StatusMatcher and we know about a second one Miles&More Senator → Gold (SkyTeam Elite).

You can read about the status match on my blog: https://travel-dealz.eu/deal/garudamiles-status-match/

Last edited by go-around; Jul 30, 2019 at 4:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.