Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by ajf87
Just tried to status match to HA via AA Platinum. I challenged to AA Plat in January after flying enough for Gold in 2019. HA denied me because they "are unable to accommodate the status match request as the mileage statement did not show flights on the destinations that Hawaiian Airlines cater." I did ORD-HNL RT, RT ORD-LAS, ORD-LAS-PHX- KOA one-way plus a dozen or so regional flights to CVG and MSP from ORD. I thought it was a straight match to at least Gold, since Hawaiian is a niche airline that mostly flies inter-island and west coast. None of the blogs have mentioned this, and the consensus is that HA has one of the simplest and most generous matches in the industry.

EDIT: Hawaiian no longer offers status matching apparently...
"In this regard, we have provided a service where we can match their current status with another airline, if we are able to show that the guest has flown a considerable number of flights with us. Please note that for us to be able to process a status match, we should be able to show travels completed on Hawaiian Airlines."
Just matched to Pualani Platinum 2 days ago. Last flight was 11/19 and another trip planned in 2 months.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:50 pm

Duplicate
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaverickSC
Just matched to Pualani Platinum 2 days ago. Last flight was 11/19 and another trip planned in 2 months.
How many HA segments in the last year? And did you just email their customer service?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by ajf87
How many HA segments in the last year? And did you just email their customer service?
I requested through their "Contact Us" page. Got status within 48 hours.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaverickSC
I requested through their "Contact Us" page. Got status within 48 hours.
"We completely understand your circumstance, but we must advise you that we are unable to accommodate your status match request.

The provided flight documentation must demonstrate that previous travel was completed on Hawaiian Airlines rather than with Other Airlines, then the requestor could have earned Pualani Gold or Pualani Platinum status. Member must at least meet the approximate qualification requirements, 20,000 flight miles (30 segments) to have Pualani Gold Status or 40,000 flight miles (60 segments) to have Pualani Platinum Status.

Kindly allow us to share with you that we provide elite status to our members as a way of thanking them for their support shown via the number of their flights. We understand however, that there maybe some guests who have been constantly flying with us but have not received the chance to take advantage of our elite benefits because they have not set up a Hawaiian Miles account yet.

In this regard, we have provided a service where we can match their current status with another airline, if we are able to show that the guest has flown a considerable number of flights with us. Please note that for us to be able to process a status match, we should be able to show travels completed on Hawaiian Airlines.

We appreciate your understanding on this matter.

Please feel free to contact us again if we could be of further assistance."

I flew six segments so far this year and have three trips upcoming through May, and I submitted records of those as well.

I got a Judy and Susan from their marketing team. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I also live here in HI.

Last edited by ajf87; Mar 8, 2020 at 1:48 pm Reason: Data point
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
https://onemileatatime.com/tap-air-p...o_status_match

TAP is matching TudoAzul Diamante, Emirates Gold and Platinum, SkyTeam Elite Plus and Oneworld Sapphire/Emerald to *G if one purchases miles or joins their mileage subscription program.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Star Alliance status match/challenge for for Amigo Gold and Diamond members: https://www.staralliance.com/en/amigo-status-challenge
Aren't they bankrupt?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Aren't they bankrupt?
Yes, hence the reason for match - back in December.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:04 am

Programs: Flying Returns Silver (*A), Vistara Gold, Hilton Honors Silver
I have a Flying Returns (FFP of Air India) Golden Edge Club elite status (viz equates to *A Gold), is there any status matches within OW or another *A flight that are possible?

I tried searching at Statusmatcher as well as on this thread and couldn't find anything. Ideally I'd like to fast track to a OW elite status
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by rk123456
I have a Flying Returns (FFP of Air India) Golden Edge Club elite status (viz equates to *A Gold), is there any status matches within OW or another *A flight that are possible?
I tried searching at Statusmatcher as well as on this thread and couldn't find anything. Ideally I'd like to fast track to a OW elite status
I don't think OW has any ongoing program, but you could try with an airline whose network overlap with Air India and/or your flight patterns.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by rk123456

What about RJ?
Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
I have a small question. Right now I am AF/KLM Gold (SkyTeam Elite Plus) but I have a long haul with Star Alliance later in the year (AMS-PTY via IST, in J with TK). I am wondering about two programmes: TAP and Turkish. Which one would you recommend me going for? TAP because how straightforward it seems to be.

In inclined to Turkish, as they seem to offer one year with my first flight (AMS-IST) and then a second year after 15,000 miles in TK metal. Then it's 37,500 miles in *A during the second year for two more years. Am I missing something? Is there a catch?

Also: Is there any other programmes from *A or OW that I should also look at?

Last edited by AHC96; Apr 17, 2020 at 7:53 pm
Old Apr 18, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by AHC96
I have a small question. Right now I am AF/KLM Gold (SkyTeam Elite Plus) but I have a long haul with Star Alliance later in the year (AMS-PTY via IST, in J with TK). I am wondering about two programmes: TAP and Turkish. Which one would you recommend me going for? TAP because how straightforward it seems to be.

In inclined to Turkish, as they seem to offer one year with my first flight (AMS-IST) and then a second year after 15,000 miles in TK metal. Then it's 37,500 miles in *A during the second year for two more years. Am I missing something? Is there a catch?

Also: Is there any other programmes from *A or OW that I should also look at?
TAP is more straightforward but it's harder to maintain. After your third year in M&S, the requalification requirements would be 37500 miles in every two years.
However, TAP would give 200% mileage for most *A Business Class fares and TK M&S would give 100% mileage credit for discounted Business Class products on other *A carriers. If you frequently travel in Business Class, TAP could be more advantageous and easier to maintain.
Old May 18, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Qatar Airways Status Match Promotion

Qatar is running a status match to Silver, Gold or Platinum tier status, with the Privilege Club status valid for 12 months.

Request your Qatar Airways Privilege Club status match in two steps:
  1. Join Qatar Airways Privilege Club by visiting qmiles.com
  2. Email your last two months' statements and a copy of your frequent flyer membership card from selected airlines, along with your Qatar Airways Privilege Club membership number to [email protected], with the subject line “Privilege Club Status Match"
Your membership status match request will be reviewed, and approval sent within 10 business days. To renew the status, the requirements are half the usual required.

This offer is applicable to top tier members of Emirates, Etihad, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Turkish Airlines, and Virgin Australia.
Campaign Period: 14 May 2020 – 20 May 2020.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...ier-match.html
Old Jun 7, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by AHC96
Qatar is running a status match to Silver, Gold or Platinum tier status, with the Privilege Club status valid for 12 months.

Request your Qatar Airways Privilege Club status match in two steps:
  1. Join Qatar Airways Privilege Club by visiting qmiles.com
  2. Email your last two months' statements and a copy of your frequent flyer membership card from selected airlines, along with your Qatar Airways Privilege Club membership number to [email protected], with the subject line “Privilege Club Status Match"
Your membership status match request will be reviewed, and approval sent within 10 business days. To renew the status, the requirements are half the usual required.

This offer is applicable to top tier members of Emirates, Etihad, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Turkish Airlines, and Virgin Australia.
Campaign Period: 14 May 2020 – 20 May 2020.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...ier-match.html
I got an email today informing me of my new Platinum status. Matched using my Turkish Airlines Elite plus card
nacho and Great_circle like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.