Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Originally Posted by zeer0
Photo of card (preferably physical), and a statement showing you earn your status by flying vs some promotion. So just a screenshot of your last statement with flights is fine.

DL will give you status for 3 months, but if you meet the status challenge PQM/PQD requirements you'll keep it for the whole year.
Can you choose when the temp status and 90 day accrual period starts?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by Dan6681
Can you choose when the temp status and 90 day accrual period starts?
No, as soon as you apply and are accepted for the challenge the clock starts ticking

I recently did this challenge due to having some long haul flights on AF which would have got me very near the qualification, but for some reason the flown miles didn't even post to my DL account despite being in a full earning fare bucket
Dan6681 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by Neil791
No, as soon as you apply and are accepted for the challenge the clock starts ticking

I recently did this challenge due to having some long haul flights on AF which would have got me very near the qualification, but for some reason the flown miles didn't even post to my DL account despite being in a full earning fare bucket
Hmmm, I'll be in a similar situation...

My current status ends Feb 28. So I was planning on applying ~ Feb 21. I have a long haul flight mid May, returning June 1st. This will qualify me for the challenge... I hope that DL will see when I actually fly and count them.

Regarding needing proof that I got my status the regular way... I got my status due to my flights in 2017... I am not sure how to get that data from AC's Altittude program, but I'll see.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Neil791

Delta isn't the best at crediting partner miles. I had to contact them to get all my Aeroflot flights from this past summer credited, even though my SkyMiles # was on all of them.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:28 pm

Will United MileagePlus status benefit me at all for a flight I purchased using MileagePlus points? Or does United ignore status for award flights?

Separately, has anyone had any luck leveraging status with Delta SkyMiles for obtaining status with with ANA Mileage Club?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by alexcr
Will United MileagePlus status benefit me at all for a flight I purchased using MileagePlus points? Or does United ignore status for award flights?

Separately, has anyone had any luck leveraging status with Delta SkyMiles for obtaining status with with ANA Mileage Club?
All status benefits apply regardless of being a revenue or award ticket.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by alexcr

ANA does not match status (no Japanese carrier does).
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Except hilariously they matched IHG elites to ANA Platinum status. Kind of shocking that that is the one program they would match...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Except hilariously they matched IHG elites to ANA Platinum status. Kind of shocking that that is the one program they would match...
Hahaha. I know right. They refused to match me though so maybe not everyone. But you’re right
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Perhaps because ANA and IHG operate a joint lodging venture:

InterContinental Hotels Group is the world's largest hotel group by number of rooms. In Japan, IHG ANA Hotels Group Japan, a joint venture between IHG and ANA (All Nippon Airways) commenced operations on 1 December 2006 it is now the largest international hotel operator in Japan.

InterContinental branded hotels are located in Tokyo, Yokohama, Manza Beach and Ishigaki Resort in Okinawa. ANA Crowne Plaza branded hotels are located in main cities such as Chitose, Niigata, Toyama, Kanazawa, Narita, Nagoya, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Okinawa. In July 2010, the first ANA Holiday Inn opened in Sendai. IHG's portfolio in Japan continues to expand.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:26 am
BCH

Anyone with any info on Cathay Pacific - Asia Miles status matching? Statusmatcher seems to point to recent successes.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by BCH
Anyone with any info on Cathay Pacific - Asia Miles status matching? Statusmatcher seems to point to recent successes.
They seem to match to Silver if you have a CX flight in the past 12 months.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:27 pm

Delta match for 2019?

Any ideas if Delta will extend status to Jan 2021 with matches completed July to December of this year, similar to what they did for matches that completed July to December of last year?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by scfw0x0f
Any ideas if Delta will extend status to Jan 2021 with matches completed July to December of this year, similar to what they did for matches that completed July to December of last year?
That's how it usually is if you match after July.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: NH
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Not fully true.
In general they don't, but there are many case-by-case exceptions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.