Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by gursk
Thanks Keitherson, are you referring to the Aspire Lounge & Spa?

http://www.businessclass.co.uk/new-l...ounge-and-spa/

Looks like they will accept Priority Pass, (Collinson Group). ^

I'll look at doing the AA challenge, but considering most of my trips are YVR-LHR to somewhere in Africa (varies) AA isn't an elegant choice for routing.
You should look into Skyteam then. AF/KL have a huge network in Africa, and their fares are very competitive out of YVR.

AA is nice because even flying BA you earn 100% of miles compared to the usual 50% for Star Alliance. But who knows how long that will last.

But do note that you can fly BA to satisfy the AA challenge.

Also yeah that was the lounge I was talking about

Last edited by keitherson; Jul 31, 2015 at 4:01 pm
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:17 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Are there any airlines that will match beyond the expiration date of the original airline? For example, if I have status on Airline A that expires Feb (or Mar) of 2016. Will any airline match it to Feb 2017? And do I have to apply during some specific time? Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by swy
Are there any airlines that will match beyond the expiration date of the original airline? For example, if I have status on Airline A that expires Feb (or Mar) of 2016. Will any airline match it to Feb 2017? And do I have to apply during some specific time? Thanks.
As long as the status is valid when you match there's no reason not to. What you'll find with the recent Alitalia match is those with close expiry dates were only matched till 2016, those with longer expiry dates on the status they're matching from were matched to 2017.

It all really depends on the airline!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Alitalia does not, Turkish does (as long as it does not expire within 3 months).
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:25 pm
alc

I totally forgot to match my wife TK*G status that expire on July 31, 2015. I think I am too late, but thought to check with the experts here first before - is there any airline that let me still match?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by alc
I totally forgot to match my wife TK*G status that expire on July 31, 2015. I think I am too late, but thought to check with the experts here first before - is there any airline that let me still match?
It's no longer a valid status level, so unless you're matching the level it has now dropped to ....... then probably no.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:49 pm

Is it possibe to get OW status from *G?

I'm travelling to Europe on CX late September, and would like to get some status on a OW carrier so I can get some extra baggage allowance. I have *G from UA.

It seems that Airberlin now only offers status match to Germany/Austria residents (of which I'm not). I matched with CX about 4 years ago so I'm not sure if I'm qualified to match again.

Appreciate any suggestion! =)
Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I'm travelling to Europe on CX late September, and would like to get some status on a OW carrier so I can get some extra baggage allowance. I have *G from UA.

It seems that Airberlin now only offers status match to Germany/Austria residents (of which I'm not). I matched with CX about 4 years ago so I'm not sure if I'm qualified to match again.

Appreciate any suggestion! =)
RJ will match, but only after flying one flight and crediting it to your RJ account.

(Or change your address temporarily to Germany/Austria...)
Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Have you tried that? I'm worried that they check where you are registered in that address.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
Have you tried that? I'm worried that they check where you are registered in that address.
They cannot check.

Qantas did a similar thing a few months ago offering gold to New Zealand residents only, and many people opened accounts with NZ address.
Better to open a new account at that address, rather than change your existing account's address because they may be able to see that you recently changed your address and asked for status match...

What are you worried about? There is nothing to lose.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
RJ will match, but only after flying one flight and crediting it to your RJ account.

LOL I thought about that (changing the address) as I actually have friends in Germany that'll be able to pick up the card for me. Will I need to provide the physical card to CX to use the benefits? Or just referencing the Airberlin FT number is enough?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
LOL I thought about that (changing the address) as I actually have friends in Germany that'll be able to pick up the card for me. Will I need to provide the physical card to CX to use the benefits? Or just referencing the Airberlin FT number is enough?
As long as OW has your status updated, you never need a card.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I find some lounge dragons will put up a fight if you've only got your FF# on file, but can't argue with a valid card.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by yvrgary
I find some lounge dragons will put up a fight if you've only got your FF# on file, but can't argue with a valid card.
I find this has been less true lately. It used to be the case quite often, but these days, as long as your BP says you're entitled, you're good to go.

Completely different story if you are crediting to a nonstatus program but flash your card to get in - then you HAVE to show the card, can't just give a FFP#.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I always carry my FFP card just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.