Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:32 am

statusmatcher won't display when I click on a specific airline or hotel. Anyone know if it's temporarily down?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 1:20 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
I suspect Etihad received a larger response than expected. Jetblue and Alaska responded within two weeks of my match requests.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
I have *A SG with NZ but would really, really like a OW status match.

Which is my best bet for an airline to contact for this? Air Berlin? I would ideally like a full 12 month match without a challenge.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by smit0847

Which is my best bet for an airline to contact for this? Air Berlin? I would ideally like a full 12 month match without a challenge.
IIRC there are currently no oneworld carriers offering this. airberlin might be the best option with 4-5 months to complete their challenge.

Originally Posted by SQCXEKflyer
I can tell you that I did a match with them. They sent me a fully functioning AB Gold Card (with all the Oneworld perks), which was valid for 4 months. So it is a match vs. challenge, where they give you temporary Gold status, which is extended for a new year if you meet their challenge.
This is my understanding of a challenge. Most airlines do not send out actual cards until you complete the challenge, all benefits should normally be granted though during the challenge period My understanding of a match is comping status for an entire qualification period, so for 1 or 2 years.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by ZKOKA
This is my understanding of a challenge. Most airlines do not send out actual cards until you complete the challenge, all benefits should normally be granted though during the challenge period My understanding of a match is comping status for an entire qualification period, so for 1 or 2 years.
Then you are correct, I had another understanding of challenge.

I thought a challenge would give you no benefits, but an easier path to status (instead of 50000 miles in a year, 17000 in 4 months, etc.), or reduced benefits (such as airline benefits, but not alliance benefits).

AB gives you full benefits, but a reduced period. So I would consider this a match, and the challenge conditions are not difficult, especially if you time your match to just before a long flight, etc. Sadly, I timed mine badly, and had to cancel my travel, so I won't complete the gold challenge, and I'll be lucky if I manage to get Silver status.

Originally Posted by smit0847

I heard it is difficult to get them to match NZ, as they don't see them as a competitor, and people matching with them are likely doing so for OW only. And, they will not give you a 12 month, but 4 month with the conditions for retaining status as I wrote a a bit higher in the thread.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I tried status matching my AA Plat (OW Sapphire) with TK. Had a prompt reply but this is what they said:

We have received your e-mail message dated 02.08.2013

Please be informed that only Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members have an opportunity for Status Match.

Therefore we are sorry that we are unable to meet your demand positively.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili
I tried status matching my AA Plat (OW Sapphire) with TK. Had a prompt reply but this is what they said:

We have received your e-mail message dated 02.08.2013

Please be informed that only Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members have an opportunity for Status Match.

Therefore we are sorry that we are unable to meet your demand positively.
What email address did you send your info?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Well it looks like the US/AA merger is going to happen.....

Any thoughts on who might match US Gold to a another *A carrier?

I was hoping United might step to the plate....
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
did anyone receive the Etihad gold match? I was told that they will get back by the end of july... nothing yet
Originally Posted by SFO777
Nothing here as well.
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
This is terrible marketing campaign. First they say they need more than a month to process the request, and then they do not even get back to customers. Useless!
Success finally. No email but I just logged in today to check a rez and my status is now GOLD, with a note:
13-Aug-2013 Etihad Guest Gold Card dispatched
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
Well it looks like the US/AA merger is going to happen.....

Any thoughts on who might match US Gold to a another *A carrier?

I was hoping United might step to the plate....
You might want to hold on to your US GLD, the merger got a big hiccup, have you checked with Aegean or UA?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat Premier, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arollins
You might want to hold on to your US GLD, the merger got a big hiccup, have you checked with Aegean or UA?
What is the hiccup? I haven't read anything about that...
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat Premier, Hilton Diamond
NM, I just learned that I could google anything rather than asking a dumb question.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by us3rnayme
What is the hiccup? I haven't read anything about that...
DOJ anti-trust suit
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ts-please.html
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:52 pm

Etihad sucked. Entered, didn't get a response until I checked like three times and told i wasn't signed up early enough.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ted King
Etihad sucked. Entered, didn't get a response until I checked like three times and told i wasn't signed up early enough.
They cherry pick the people they 'want' to match. Not sure about their roster.

I was prepared to buy EY Tix and it was getting super close to my departure so i chased the match up with them sending me a negative reply. Ended up buying Lifemiles and flew SQ Business.

So far my experience with all of the middle east carriers pretty much sucked in terms of quality and correspondence. I will gladly abstain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.