Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Your friend is going to have difficulty status-matching within *A.
If he's doing that amount of traveling, it sounds like M&M would be his best.
Or he could try A3 (Aegan) - that has the lowest threshold for *G.
Though it's likely he will have to start from scratch.
The M&M equivalent of 1K is SEN. But he will not be matched to that.
UA's GS is equivalent of LH's HON.
Do you think it's feasible for him to status match to BA, fly one or two round trips to BRU with them and then request a status match from BA to M&M?
Otherwise He can re-start with A3 just to get up to the gold level quickly and then start crediting his flights to miles and more.

I should add, he has Million Miler status as well, if that changes anything.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Do you think it's feasible for him to status match to BA, fly one or two round trips to BRU with them and then request a status match from BA to M&M?
Otherwise He can re-start with A3 just to get up to the gold level quickly and then start crediting his flights to miles and more.

If your friend gets the United Club Card - he's exempt from the 4 flights a year.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold

BA basically does not status-match.
Read here

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Oct 18, 2013 at 7:01 am Reason: qualified statement with "basically" and added thread link
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:05 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Your friend should start building status on the airline program he will be flying the most - in this case, M&M makes sense. Most *A airlines do not poach each other's members, hence it's unlikely for M&M to do a match - although you never know unless you ask.

While he is building status on M&M, he can use his UA 1K card for *G benefits, such as lounge access.

Originally Posted by aacharya
If your friend gets the United Club Card - he's exempt from the 4 flights a year.
Unless the person is a US citizen or resident, it will be difficult for someone based in TLV to get a US-based credit card.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:09 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...t=status+match
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:16 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is not a thread focused on United, but rather on choosing from among alternate airlines, I'll move to the MilesBuzz forum where the thread can be considered by that forum's moderators for inclusion into the master Status Match thread linked above. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United and TravelBuzz.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Quote:

BA basically does not status-match.
Read here
I see.
The UA club Card is also not an option seeing as he's base in Israel. He has US citizenship, but absolutely no banking activity there.

I'll search the main status match thread for more info, but just one quick question, do you know off the top of your head what airline, from say, oneworld or skyteam would match?

He's starting to credit the flights to Miles&More but his 1K card is expiring in the next little while, and he won't be at even the silver level when that happens.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:40 pm

Shouldn`t the first post be updated to more current information? BMI doesn`t even exist anymore......
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:33 am

I see.
The UA club Card is also not an option seeing as he's base in Israel. He has US citizenship, but absolutely no banking activity there.

I'll search the main status match thread for more info, but just one quick question, do you know off the top of your head what airline, from say, oneworld or skyteam would match?

He's starting to credit the flights to Miles&More but his 1K card is expiring in the next little while, and he won't be at even the silver level when that happens.
He could match to TK.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:28 am

Delta Gold got matched by Turkish Airlines

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I'm a US Platinum and would like to status match to another Star Alliance airline since US is leaving Star for OW soon.

I also am Delta Platinum and VS Gold, so could use those to status match to another Star carrier since most do not status match within the alliance.

Most of my [limited] travel is on SK, with occasional trips on LH and UA, but have not travelled enough in recent years to earn any elite status on those since I had US Plat.

Which Star carrier would be my best bet to try for a status match (without a challenge), and from which of my existing elite statuses should I attempt to do the match (US Plat, DL Plat, VS Gold)?

I saw a previous post about LH M&M via their U.S. office - wondering if this is the best option? I have both a U.S. and Danish address.
Originally Posted by flashware
Turkish Airlines comes to mind.... should be some info upthread on the match process.
Just to provide some update on the Turkish Airlines match. Submitted online form on the airline's website with requested information (picture of Delta Gold Elite card & year-to-date statement) on 10/17. Received confirmation almost immediately. Today (10/23), received notice that I was matched to Elite status (equivalent to Star Alliance Gold), valid till October 2015!

I want to thank all of you here at FT for insights on this. I learnt so much from here. THANK YOU!

alextktan
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by alextktan
Just to provide some update on the Turkish Airlines match. Submitted online form on the airline's website with requested information (picture of Delta Gold Elite card & year-to-date statement).......

alextktan
How many miles were on your Delta statement for this year ?

I got a reply asking for the same info on my KLM-AirFrance Gold and do not have many miles on that account , will Turkish Air care ?

thanks for the info
Old Oct 26, 2013, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
How many miles were on your Delta statement for this year ?

I got a reply asking for the same info on my KLM-AirFrance Gold and do not have many miles on that account , will Turkish Air care ?

thanks for the info
I don't have much either, about 23K MQM this year, and total available miles in account about 130K miles. And they still matched my Delta status.

alextktan
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I tried matching AA Plat with TK - got turned down. They will only match with AA Exec Plat and above
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:17 pm

Suggestions on matches?

I have AF/KL gold expiring in March 2014, and TK Elite through march 15, and will shortly be earning United Silver through march 15.

Are there any matches I can take advantage of, particularly from Flying blue, before it expires?
I'm not likely to do anything that charges a fee to match, but I'd consider challenges.

I do most of my flying on UA, but I can't match to them, since I've used up my once every 5 year match recently. (Though, I could ask for an exception).

AA, DL, WN (already have companion pass, but not a list), US, and AS see occasional use. B6 or AX could. Despite international airline status, domestic benefits are most often used. Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver, HH Gold, Amex Platinum
Request for Status Matching Tips

Sooo... I'm a status matching newb. How's this work?
  • I call them and ask for it? Possible to do online? Do I need an explanation?
  • Do I sacrifice my existing status?
  • Who will status match (airline & hotel)?

Sorry if there's a master thread for this! Searched and couldn't find.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.