Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by kamishiro
Originally Posted by LetsGoToo
Any idea if Delta will extend their status match? If you complete it, you only have status until February 28, 2014. If they extended, I'd rather go for a status match that'll last until 2015.
They have done so pretty much year, but that's no guarantee that they'll do it this year. My friend is matching from United but she is waiting for the 2015 offer, if that's of any bearing to you.
Thanks for the response. I'm not familiar with Delta and this helps. I'll probably wait for the possible extension.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
My corporate travel came through with matches to AA Plat and Delta Plat. I had to provide proof of US CP and it took about two weeks.
Old May 13, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, United, Iberia, US Airways
Originally Posted by LetsGoToo
Any idea if Delta will extend their status match? If you complete it, you only have status until February 28, 2014. If they extended, I'd rather go for a status match that'll last until 2015.
I'm requesting status match from Delta for my AA PLT. I notice in the T&C that partner lounge access is NOT included during the 90 day match period. I'll meet the MQM requirement for the match on the return leg of the trip. Do other status matches have this same restriction? Access to the lounges on my overseas work trips is 90% of the reason I bother with loyalty programs.
Old May 29, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Peregrinus
Has anyone actually received a card from Aerolineas after their status offer? The promised month is long up and they aren't responding to inquiries (imagine that with Aerolineas! )... It's a shame to miss out on ST Plus benefits for lack of a card.
It took 3.5 months, but the card finally arrived yesterday
Old May 29, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I reviewed the last few months of this thread and saw almost nothing about DL. I want to status match from US to DL. DL's website only mentions UA and AA. Any experience with status matching from US?

If they won't - do rollover MQM's apply for non-elites? Could I try to strategically accumulate 20-24K MQM's and then coast into silver early in 2014 and hopefully plow ahead toward gold?
Old May 29, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by redtop43
I reviewed the last few months of this thread and saw almost nothing about DL. I want to status match from US to DL. DL's website only mentions UA and AA. Any experience with status matching from US?

If they won't - do rollover MQM's apply for non-elites? Could I try to strategically accumulate 20-24K MQM's and then coast into silver early in 2014 and hopefully plow ahead toward gold?
Can't say have any experience of US matching but try calling them?

As for your second question no that won't work. If you don't make at least silver, then nothing rolls over.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Etihad offers Gold match

Recieved this offer in the email.
Do you have a gold or a higher tier card with another airline?

Etihad Guest is delighted to offer a complimentary Etihad Guest Gold card to members who currently hold a gold or a higher tier card with another airline loyalty programme. Simply send through the below documents and we will offer you an Etihad Guest Gold card for free*!

• Scanned copy of the gold or a higher tier card with another airline
• Scanned copy of the latest miles statement with another airline
• Etihad Guest membership number.

Make sure you send these documents to [email protected] before 14 July 2013. Remember, this offer is limited to the first 500 eligible members only, so send your details now and go for gold with Etihad Guest.

Special Offer:

When you get upgraded to Etihad Guest Gold, you will receive triple Etihad Guest Miles on all flights in Diamond First Class and double Etihad Guest Miles on all flights in Pearl Business Class for a limited period. With this exciting offer, when you travel on a return ticket between Abu Dhabi and New York in Diamond First Class, you can earn enough miles to redeem a one-way Diamond First Class ticket between Abu Dhabi and New York. More details will be provided in the confirmation mail.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Hello fellow FTers, I was wondering if Delta does a status match with Jet Airways? And also, if the Delta status match program is still going on?

If not, I would like to know what other airlines offer a status match to Jet Airways !

I know, US Airways has an offer, wherein you can buy upto your preferred status ! Does any other airline do that ? Thanks !
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:30 am

I'm a US Platinum and would like to status match to another Star Alliance airline since US is leaving Star for OW soon.

I also am Delta Platinum and VS Gold, so could use those to status match to another Star carrier since most do not status match within the alliance.

Most of my [limited] travel is on SK, with occasional trips on LH and UA, but have not travelled enough in recent years to earn any elite status on those since I had US Plat.

Which Star carrier would be my best bet to try for a status match (without a challenge), and from which of my existing elite statuses should I attempt to do the match (US Plat, DL Plat, VS Gold)?

I saw a previous post about LH M&M via their U.S. office - wondering if this is the best option? I have both a U.S. and Danish address.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I'm a US Platinum and would like to status match to another Star Alliance airline since US is leaving Star for OW soon.

I also am Delta Platinum and VS Gold, so could use those to status match to another Star carrier since most do not status match within the alliance.

Most of my [limited] travel is on SK, with occasional trips on LH and UA, but have not travelled enough in recent years to earn any elite status on those since I had US Plat.

Which Star carrier would be my best bet to try for a status match (without a challenge), and from which of my existing elite statuses should I attempt to do the match (US Plat, DL Plat, VS Gold)?

I saw a previous post about LH M&M via their U.S. office - wondering if this is the best option? I have both a U.S. and Danish address.
Turkish Airlines comes to mind.... should be some info upthread on the match process.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 2:47 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum
Skyteam - Aerolineas Argentinas Airline Status Match

Just wanted to let people know that I have FINALLY received my elite status card in the mail today!

Here is the history of my status match with Aerolineas Argentinas Airline:

4th April 2013 - Sent Aerolineas Argentinas an e-mail requesting a status match - providing all the information requested as per their website.
19th April 2013 - Got e-mail back from them saying I was "approved to join our Elite members." Also said that elite card will be posted to me shortly.
13th July 2013 - FINALLY received elite card from them.

Although it took more than 3 months from requesting status match and getting the elite card in the mail, it is worth it as I now get Elite Plus status on all Skyteam carriers (as I was matched to their Platino level). TBH, I thought the card would never arrive...

The status is valid for one full year.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by minjunkwak
Just wanted to let people know that I have FINALLY received my elite status card in the mail today!

Here is the history of my status match with Aerolineas Argentinas Airline:

4th April 2013 - Sent Aerolineas Argentinas an e-mail requesting a status match - providing all the information requested as per their website.
19th April 2013 - Got e-mail back from them saying I was "approved to join our Elite members." Also said that elite card will be posted to me shortly.
13th July 2013 - FINALLY received elite card from them.

Although it took more than 3 months from requesting status match and getting the elite card in the mail, it is worth it as I now get Elite Plus status on all Skyteam carriers (as I was matched to their Platino level). TBH, I thought the card would never arrive...

The status is valid for one full year.
Does your status show up at the Aerolineas website? I also got an email back in April but they never changed my status online. No card yet.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: Too many to list
Delta matched my AA in less than a week. Usual 90 days to fly 8K to keep my Silver.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by rrgg
Does your status show up at the Aerolineas website? I also got an email back in April but they never changed my status online. No card yet.
Hi,

Yes, if I go into the Aerolineas website and go into "Print my card" section, I can see that my temporary print out card shows up as a Platino elite card. I don't think there is any other way to know on the website if your status has changed...

Have you checked through the way I have described above? When you go into that section, what card does it show up as?

Cheers,
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:48 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
I called AeroMexico about a match to UA and/or AA status. I got nowhere. I thought they might be a decent alternate to the ridiculousness of attempting to redeem DL miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.