Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Exp BA gold SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by diclemeg
so if i had air berlin elite status and im flying, say, american airlines domestically then i'd get free bags ??????
You should be as a one world emerald
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:06 am

United Status Challenge - Many options - advise please!!

OK, here is my story. I would like opinions from others as I am a newbie on the forum and somewhat new to extensive air travel.

I am a resident of Houston, TX flying most flights via United out of IAH. Prior to moving here I was (still am for 2013) silver on Delta. Last year I made several flights before realizing United MP matched Delta. I took them up on their premier match and went silver. My company halted travel in October and I ended up being 2,000 PQM short of retaining Silver. If I would have signed up earlier I would have met the requirements - oh well.

I just got an email from United offering me to participate in a Status Challenge. I did not request it, but they said they reviewed my account and would like me to participate. I basically have to meet 7,000 miles or 8 segments in 90 days. Here is my dilemma.

I have the following trips scheduled within a few weeks:

2013 starting balance: 429 miles 1 segment

IAH to YYC Operated by United (1,747 miles)
YYC toYEG Operated by Air Canada *does not qualify for challenge - (151 miles)
YEG to YYC Operated by Air Canada *does not qualify for challenge (151 miles)
YYC to IAH Operated by Air Canada *does not qualify for challenge (1,747 miles)
IAH to TUL Operated by United (429 miles)
IAH to MAF Operated by United (429 miles)
MAF to IAH Operated by United (429 miles)
IAH to FRA Operated by Lufthansa *does not qualify for challenge (5,220 miles)
FRA to AUH Operated by Lufthansa *does not qualify for challenge (3,020 miles)
AUH to FRA Operated by Lufthansa *does not qualify for challenge (3,020 miles)
FRA to IAH Operated by Lufthansa *does not qualify for challenge (5,220 miles)

So, what is your take? Should I put everything in MP?? I did sign up for A3 and was thinking of getting *A gold through them. But since United will be my carrier should I stick with them? My overall goal is priority boarding (overhead bins!) as most my flight patterns will be domestic and maybe 1 trans. a year. I have Global Entry for security lanes where available. Occasional upgrades are nice too!

I just want to hear the thoughts of everyone else. I have scouted the forums and it is a little overwhelming on what I could do. Thanks in advance for your assistance!!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:00 am

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2012

A3 gold will get you into dom lounges, where UA won't, plus UA gold need a lot more miles than A3 to get.... but on the other hand, UA miles are much more worthy when redeeming... Your choice!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:19 pm

Aerolineas

Has anyone actually received a card from Aerolineas after their status offer? The promised month is long up and they aren't responding to inquiries (imagine that with Aerolineas! )... It's a shame to miss out on ST Plus benefits for lack of a card.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:52 pm

Hi there. Although I'm a frequent flyer and had status on both Star Alliance and One World for many years, I lost my status with United this year as I had not appreciated their rule changes even though I had flown enough miles but just not on UA carrier.

I live in Singapore and still have status with Cathay but want to regain Star Alliance status. Does anyone know of any airlines that would match my Cathay Gold status? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:19 am
Suspended

I called AA desk yesterday for status challenge: They won't allow me to buy the EXP challenge unless I have United 1k- I can buy platinum for $240 and silver for $120 so prices didn't change much. Anyone have an idea of any other way to match to EXP
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:00 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SGPFlyer
Hi there. Although I'm a frequent flyer and had status on both Star Alliance and One World for many years, I lost my status with United this year as I had not appreciated their rule changes even though I had flown enough miles but just not on UA carrier.

I live in Singapore and still have status with Cathay but want to regain Star Alliance status. Does anyone know of any airlines that would match my Cathay Gold status? Thanks in advance.
SGPFlyer: Apply with Turkish Miles&Smiles. Fill out their contact form online. Make sure you get a screen grab of your Asia Miles statement, and also scan your Marco Polo card and upload. Note - it can take some time to process..
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
SGPFlyer: Apply with Turkish Miles&Smiles. Fill out their contact form online. Make sure you get a screen grab of your Asia Miles statement, and also scan your Marco Polo card and upload. Note - it can take some time to process..
It's not OneWorld Emerald so they will reject it, I've already tried.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Peregrinus
Has anyone actually received a card from Aerolineas after their status offer? The promised month is long up and they aren't responding to inquiries (imagine that with Aerolineas! )... It's a shame to miss out on ST Plus benefits for lack of a card.
I had long ago given up on my status match submitted last year, and then my Platino card arrived last week.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:54 am

I would appreciate a bit of advice in terms of status matching.

I was living in New Zealand and have Star Alliance Gold with Air New Zealand.
I have moved to Singapore where I will be for a few years at least, and local colleagues are suggesting that I transfer to using Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer.

I called Singapore Airlines and they will not match my current Air New Zealand gold status, so I would be starting from scratch with KrisFlyer. I would also, presumably, not be putting any points in to my Air New Zealand Star Alliance account, so this would diminish over time, losing Gold Status at next renewal.

So, would people suggest that I:
a) start using KrisFlyer, accrue points over time, but use my current Air New Zealand Star Alliance Gold status for lounge access while I can

b) Choose to travel Singapore Airlines but present my Air New Zealand card for points assignment, hoping to keep that at Star Alliance Gold?

thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:26 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
you missed it

Last edited by caGALINDO; Apr 17, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Post deleted as above post edited.

Last edited by Richard1148; Apr 17, 2013 at 3:15 pm
Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:28 am

Today, I joined Air Berlin's FF program, and sent an email asking for a Status Match, with a scan of my TK Elite card attached.

About 15 minutes later, I received an e-mail saying the following:

"Dear Mr. SQCXEKflyer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

we would like to thank you for your inquiry and your interest in our topbonus Program. We have examined your request carefully and would like to offer you the following:

Enjoy the advantages of the topbonus Gold status for 4 months as a start, and the status will be extended for one more year if you collect 17.000 status miles or fly at least 20 times within this period. If you accumulate 8.500 status miles or fly at least 8 times in the same period, you will get our topbonus Silver status for one year."

The email was a bit longer (mostly info about the program).

Very pleased with this result, might not get quite enough travel to get one more year of Gold after the 4 months, but silver should be no problem.

However, a bit confused about the wording ("would like to offer you"), do I have to reply to accept offer, or is that implied, with the gold status coming automatically (not on online account yet, but this email came less than 30 minutes ago)?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
For those who got matched in Aerolineas program, how long did it take from email ootification to the update on their website?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by SQCXEKflyer
Today, I joined Air Berlin's FF program, and sent an email asking for a Status Match, with a scan of my TK Elite card attached.

About 15 minutes later, I received an e-mail saying the following:

"Dear Mr. SQCXEKflyer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

we would like to thank you for your inquiry and your interest in our topbonus Program. We have examined your request carefully and would like to offer you the following:

Enjoy the advantages of the topbonus Gold status for 4 months as a start, and the status will be extended for one more year if you collect 17.000 status miles or fly at least 20 times within this period. If you accumulate 8.500 status miles or fly at least 8 times in the same period, you will get our topbonus Silver status for one year."

The email was a bit longer (mostly info about the program).

Very pleased with this result, might not get quite enough travel to get one more year of Gold after the 4 months, but silver should be no problem.

However, a bit confused about the wording ("would like to offer you"), do I have to reply to accept offer, or is that implied, with the gold status coming automatically (not on online account yet, but this email came less than 30 minutes ago)?
Which email address did you send you email to? What did you write in the subject of your email? I found 3 different email addresses and sent email to all of them. I got one reply telling me they were going to forward my email to someone else and then nothing.

Last edited by erik19283; Apr 20, 2013 at 6:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.