Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by davem4
Amazing, Oneworld by any chance?
Trying to figure out if I should go right to bed when I get home, or spend time looking.
convince @mihaid to collaborate .

there is no point to post on trick it thread if you are not willing to collaborate privately with members who have proved their skills for many years

I already apologized with him if I was rude via PM but it wasn't my intention. He should consider that in the last years, I only got a bunch of PMs where people only asked for info and at a certain point you have to reply the standard message to not get other PMs.

Please also consider that in this thread there are a number of "haters" which never posted a single worthwhile trick and they have the courage to quote you and start a non-sense discussion.
Probably you will see some of them soon after my posts
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:05 am

A perfect novice has succeeded in two seemingly businesses: finding a gem and forcing jorun to apologize
My congrats
Ajolando and karlot_96 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:25 pm

To be fair: since none of the respected members confirmed the deal, this "gem" is just theoretical. Unlike the recent one of jorun.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:09 am

I realize this is not a typical question. I am based in India. I will be visiting Malaysia next month for a week. I see KUL-PEN/JHB flights are pretty cheap.

Are there any India to C2/C4/C6 flights that works with KUL-PEN/JHB as 1x?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by jorun
C2-C4 RT J class 349€ AI after the Liposuction.
Found the fare, it's amazing and I'm willing to fly. Can't find the strike though. Will it work on matrix or am I wasting my time?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:41 am

c1 to c3 with c2 as 3x shows 760, anything better?

c1 to c3 with c2 as 3x shows 760, in feb/mar,
golden gate to vidhan soudha...

Looking for better price. Help..
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
c2 - c5 r/t 113,32 €

c2 - c5 r/t 113,32 €
zroland and karlot_96 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Calgary88
c2 - c5 r/t 113,32 €
3 or 4 other FTers have the same. Let's keep it limited.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jan 27, 2019 at 1:47 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
3 or 4 of other FTers have the same. Let's keep it limited.
Via Istanbul ?
LX works for that amount (130euro), but not recommended due to their checks

Via ADD fare is in the right ballpark and allows combinability. I'll do some search, would appreciate a little tip.

Last edited by davem4; Jan 27, 2019 at 11:35 am
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:15 pm

Can someone help with flight from:

RIX - LAX - RIX ?

How to right dump YO ?

When i try to add 3X then price is 2000-3000EUR instead of 800EUR without 3X

Last edited by karlis96; Jan 27, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
Found the fare, it's amazing and I'm willing to fly. Can't find the strike though. Will it work on matrix or am I wasting my time?
Even without a strike the fare is rather good. And I would think twice trying to dump that one. But it looks to me like ITA has lots of phantom availability...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by maxvor
Even without a strike the fare is rather good. And I would think twice trying to dump that one. But it looks to me like ITA has lots of phantom availability...
Totally with you on this one: Amazing fare, and it's strange it hasn't been posted in premium fare deals yet. And yes, I've read afterwards that it might not be a good idea to dump it. Still, was trying to find a strike with ITA for my own development and gave up after 5 hours of non-stop trying.
Still thinking to book it honestly without strike though.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by karlis96
Can someone help with flight from:

RIX - LAX - RIX ?

How to right dump YO ?

When i try to add 3X then price is 2000-3000EUR instead of 800EUR without 3X
Does not work that way.
In order to get to Los Angeles for sub 150 RT , you have to go to one of your neighboring countries.
zroland and karlis96 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
Totally with you on this one: Amazing fare, and it's strange it hasn't been posted in premium fare deals yet. And yes, I've read afterwards that it might not be a good idea to dump it. Still, was trying to find a strike with ITA for my own development and gave up after 5 hours of non-stop trying.
Still thinking to book it honestly without strike though.
That one was quite easy to dump with some usual candidates. Unless of course you wanted to match the exact price specified by jorun. Quite an effort to squeeze these extra 20 EUR if you don't kniw what you are looking for. Next time similar thing comes around, drop me a PM, i'll try to give you a hint if you still struggle
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:32 am

the party is over blogs posted it (luckily not the liposuction price).

Just a note:
I posted it here on 20 Jan, just because after many months I saw a nice deal (brand new one) from @mihaid
I knew the mistake since 16 Jan.

So let's continue to post something different (unless super low price)

next deal (just for funny):
c3-c1 RT *A
303,16 $

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.