Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:35 am

IB C2-C5

Hello everyone,

has anyone had any luck trimming YQ off IB AON0NQB6 eg. TLS-JNB? Have tried different combinations but to no avail :/

Thanks
murphd likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by SqU33z3R
Hello everyone,

has anyone had any luck trimming YQ off IB AON0NQB6 eg. TLS-JNB? Have tried different combinations but to no avail :/

Thanks
"Luck" is never your friend.

NO YQ paid if combining Three carriers 2X,2.5X or 3X or "Sandwich"

Expect sub 200.

Even the old Hindu X works again
fant0m likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jan 4, 2019 at 9:47 am
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer

Expect sub 200.
Expect sub 140€
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marco Polo, Asia Miles, Hotels.com
Hi anyone can shed some light for C1 to C3 OR C3 to C1 prem fare. Tried looking through.

C3 - shoebox homes /C1 - ice hockey by big apple
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fant0m
Expect sub 140€
Sub 200 included ALLl the structures mentioned. including sub 129
fant0m likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: AA CO DL
Das'ent correct the Scheißmeister, all in good humor.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Listz to Idlewild 213,45 € RT

Or visit Kardashianville and return to Ruzune from Idlewild DOJ for only few € more.

3X
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:25 pm

C1-C3, $142 RT with 3X

C1-C3 impressive skyline city. Considering booking. This would be my second flight using the techniques on this thread. Thanks for the help so far. Has anyone taken this trip or have suggestions? It seems like this deal would come up with some regularity, if I understand things correctly. Thanks.
kimore likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
Its even bookable on the airline's own webpage, for 248.13
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:52 pm

2026FIFA worldcup - 2010FIFA worldcup: 333USD RT 3X
mendozer likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:11 pm

I have a question.
technically it belongs to "trick it", but it's something else. On eBay, there are various sellers, who are selling airline status products. Most of those are ...... offers, but there are some reasonable one.
"star alliance gold membership 1 month" for 32 USD.
"delta platinum status match challenge" for 170 USD.
These two seems to be quite amazing deal for those of us, who don't fly that much, and have no status yet. Can someone explain, how these are actually working? I think about something, like the seller is a manager for a big company's business travel account, and he can file the buyer's datas to the system, granting him status according to some special terms and cons. But if you know exactly how it works, don't hesitate to tell.
(no need for coding, this is a publicly available offer on various portals)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:49 am

Hello community.I was following here in silence since a while and I'm a grateful for all the Inspiration, although I never managed to trick smth. However, I would like to try to ask you guys a question about LX dumps which were already discussed earlier. I understood that x1’s are basically not an option. But now I found an interesting connection c2 – c3 – c3 (one “intra c3 connection”) – c2.Fare Rules says – as you might already guess – that End on End is permitted with domestic fares. Question would be, if it’s possible to find an x3 for that and if yes if it’s safe to book an fly it. If both both answeres are “yes” I would also highly appreciate any hint about where to search

If you Need more spec about that route let me know please
Thanks in advance and BR
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:45 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by mendozer
C1-C3 impressive skyline city. Considering booking. This would be my second flight using the techniques on this thread. Thanks for the help so far. Has anyone taken this trip or have suggestions? It seems like this deal would come up with some regularity, if I understand things correctly. Thanks.

This "deal" is almost always live with dozens of variations available. So we don't talk about it.

For the most part blogs have even left it alone. Too good of a trick to talk about.

The city combo you have is better than the best I am finding right now. Book it and keep quiet.
Sciamano and mendozer like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:52 pm

VS 3x

having trouble finding an OTA to price a 3x showing up on ITA for VS from C1 to C5. anyone have any luck with this or know if its possible
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Originally Posted by ronaldinho240
having trouble finding an OTA to price a 3x showing up on ITA for VS from C1 to C5. anyone have any luck with this or know if its possible
Did you try skyscanner? momondo? these usually group other OTAs and sometimes are able to dynamically build links that work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.