Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by ivan85
Big Apple from 38 milion country for 159€ RT
Originally Posted by SirMoof
Even cheaper. 134€ available. Around 100€ from larger countries.

Since weeks always the same deals day by day. Only city pairs are changing.
I feel like having a deja-vu. It is like the funeral of TK.
andydd and karlot_96 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by P4Fly
Now, it is low than $134 RT, non-stop, no 1x.

Improvements are still possible.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Silberpanda
Exactly. Let's not get into: I will beat you by another cent competition and let this trick die by attracting over attraction. (Now) It's rare to have tricks on airline that work on multiple cities..and longer they live..the better it is.
Silberpanda and karlot_96 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Since weeks always the same deals day by day. Only city pairs are changing.
Too bad but what we are talking about is totally different.! Read posting 15971 above.
Big Apple to.... is C1-C2.
​​​​
Posting 15972 above gets " to " and "from " mixed up.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Dec 8, 2018 at 3:12 pm
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:12 pm

Well, it depends what you are referring to... C2-C1 "no 1x" is definitely overexposed here, I understand the excitation after this "discovery" but hey, people, time to grow. To grow means: not to post like crazy the same over and over again...
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by man4business
Well, it depends what you are referring to... C2-C1 "no 1x" is definitely overexposed here, I understand the excitation after this "discovery" but hey, people, time to grow. To grow means: not to post like crazy the same over and over again...
and I totally agree with You. Last week's super deals were worth mentioning though, since Mexican and several Caribbean Islands were doable for less than 100. Worth knowing for the core members of this thread, who like you travel often and are quick to pull trigger on excellent deals.
First part of 15970 above was just the current benchmark after last week's deal.
But again let's turn down the volume on C2-C1. Too many people seem to have been able to beg their way to solutions, they would never have found on their own.
man4business and zroland like this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Dec 9, 2018 at 9:14 am
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:33 pm

C1-C3

128$/different airline than the one being heavily discussed here.
gnutello and Silberpanda like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Good price - is a code share only, same old carrier, same metal.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan
C1 - C3 $140 RT
Non-stop, no 1x
Originally Posted by Calgary88
Good price - is a code share only, same old carrier, same metal.
96 £ but another route.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:32 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I am a bit behind you guys still apparently. Best I can do so far is $226 with zero YQ.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan
c1 - c2 $196 rt

from bigger city close to big apple to one of the biggest city in c2,
non-stop and safety structure.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:04 am
Suspended

from bigger city close to big apple to one of the biggest city in c2,
non-stop and safety structure.
Posting 15970 above re cooked. OTITB . Application actually much more extensive.

Correction. P4Fly's deal is different than mine as he just informed me .
Just that price was exactly the same. That's what can happen with all the coding requirements.
My apologies. Different carrier different routing , different alliance and different structure.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Dec 13, 2018 at 4:45 pm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
and I totally agree with You. Last week's super deals were worth mentioning though, since Mexican and several Caribbean Islands were doable for less than 100. Worth knowing for the core members of this thread, who like you travel often and are quick to pull trigger on excellent deals.
First part of 15970 above was just the current benchmark after last week's deal.
But again let's turn down the volume on C2-C1. Too many people seem to have been able to beg their way to solutions, they would never have found on their own.
too late . To much attention no results on the big ota anymore. Thx to the person who brought it here everytime.

Last edited by Vliegertje; Dec 15, 2018 at 11:49 am
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Vliegertje

too late . To much attention no results on the big ota anymore. Thx to the person who brought it here everytime.
The best and easiest and most safety way to kill your most valuable dumps is to post it here and share it with powersellers.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:06 pm

The best and easiest and most safety way to kill your most valuable dumps is to post it here and share it with powersellers.

indeed . Thx to the Polisch hidden sub forum fly4free. . Its time now for everyone to know what they do with the info here.

Last edited by Vliegertje; Dec 16, 2018 at 12:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.