Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by travel44ever
Did you check the fare rules on your candidate 3x? Also not everything prices out in ITA...
No I didn't ! What should I look for especially ? EoE permitted ? No Add-On ?
Thank you for your help.

Originally Posted by bodory
Hi,

Welcome to the playroom.

Please consider this:
- Not because EoE is permitted the dump is working necessarily.
- The airline you are dealing with has locked down most of multi city combinations. And when the(ir) system allows the combination, it usually prices in the highest fare bucket.
Okay, I maybe misread. Are you saying that this particular company has to be avoid for FD ?
Thank you.

I'm going to work harder !
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: M&M, EC BA
C2-C4 via C1 from 332€ (winter in Europe)
matio_svk likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: QR Platinum (OW Emerald), SkyTeam Elite (ITA status match)
Talking

Duomo to C4 at $1 BF and big fat $500 YQ dumpable 95% (1X). Looking for an effective 3X, PM if you can help.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by dump
Duomo to C4 at $1 BF and big fat $500 YQ dumpable 95% (1X). Looking for an effective 3X, PM if you can help.
YQ+YR 100% dumpable with 1X LCC.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Coder33
Are you saying that this particular company has to be avoid for FD ?
Thank you.
No. Although I never really attempted to work on this airline. Let us know if you succeed!

Originally Posted by Coder33
I'm going to work harder !
Most of us also must
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by dump
No Duomo, but from sausage city or light drugs to narrow and long country

EDIT
From lego country to city from Will Smith song 139€ RT

Last edited by ivan85; Nov 15, 2018 at 5:33 am
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by ivan85
No Duomo, but from sausage city or light drugs to narrow and long country

EDIT
From lego country to city from Will Smith song 139€ RT
Having trouble replicating anything below 200 :-?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:56 am

New to ft although I've been reading threads like this one for a while.
Trying to figure out a working fd...but haven't managed to cut fat on a single one.
Instead i just end up with more expensive fares on both ita and different ota's.

C2 - C3 RT xmas would be my goal

I might just be stupid...but could anyone point me in the right direction? not sure if my candidates or 1/3x are broken. PM welcome.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:25 pm

Do you realize that most airlines have blackout dates during Xmas time / New Year? The cheapest fares are not available then and it is very rare (although not impossible in theory) that a nice dumpabe and cheap fare covers the desired period of time.
zroland, leonB and dump like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by man4business
Do you realize that most airlines have blackout dates during Xmas time / New Year? The cheapest fares are not available then and it is very rare (although not impossible in theory) that a nice dumpabe and cheap fare covers the desired period of time.
I know that prices are higher during xmas, but I did not know that would reduce my chance of finding a dumpable fare, just that the end price I would be paying would be higher ofc. Why is the probability of finding a dumpable fare lower during blackout dates?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Found a crazy 0.5€+0.5€ BF on a big European Airlines !

Happy to share it in DM as I'm not enough good to find 3X, if you can do it for you, I'll still be happy

Edit : It seems that between the screenshot's time and now, Fare rules has been changed ! EoE is not longer permitted

Last edited by Coder33; Nov 16, 2018 at 5:30 am
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
There is even a 0,00 € Base Fare. You are probably referring to Turkey to USA RT for 159,45 € ALL IN with limited date availability.
Cheaper from Central Europe.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 16, 2018 at 8:52 am
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:22 pm

Hi Guys,
I have many destination which 1x but can't find any 3x. Can someone please hint what time gap is more like to work from last destination? PM please👍
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:24 am

C2-C1 - 103€ RT
From small country in EU to city with a lot funfair
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
If you choose cityhopper and go to Florida or Caribbean, it will cost you as little as 97,76 € all-in RT.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 22, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.