Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by cagcag
End-on-end combinations permitted with TK domestic/international fares.
Look at this: it can be combined with TK only. How do you estimate chances that TK files error in their own YQ tables? It is not zero (and when it happens it is a self dump) but rather seldom.
Old May 20, 2017, 1:59 am

Big Apple to The Fashion Capital for about €200 ai r/t with dessert. Free stopover. Nothing exciting to most here but very easy to find. ITAable and found on most search engines. If you're new to FD like me this might be a good start.

Last edited by ncben; May 20, 2017 at 2:04 am
Old May 20, 2017, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by ncben
Big Apple to The Fashion Capital for about €200 ai r/t with dessert. Nothing exciting to most here but very easy to find. ITAable and found on most search engines. If you're new to FD like me this might be a good start.
works from some other c1 cities as well
Old May 20, 2017, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by ncben
Big Apple to The Fashion Capital for about €200 ai r/t with dessert. Free stopover. Nothing exciting to most here but very easy to find. ITAable and found on most search engines. If you're new to FD like me this might be a good start.
C2 destinations Krakow Poland and Budapest Hungary also produce good results or any OJ among those, I use this one all the time to Absalon City with return from Fashion. Remember you can get to/from city center for only 3 euros on the tram.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Special C2 Airport

C2 (Special Airport) - Middle East - stop-over - NYC/LAX/CHI/MIA - stop-over -
Open Jaw between NYC/LAX/CHI/MIA - Bali $ 336.76 All-in
Old May 21, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
C2 (Special Airport) - Middle East - stop-over - NYC/LAX/CHI/MIA - stop-over -
Open Jaw between NYC/LAX/CHI/MIA - Bali $ 336.76 All-in
An interesting one WWE, found it for 373 EUR from my local airport without trying too hard to bring it down lower. Sounds like the kinda crazy itinerary id do if I had more time - Thanks for sharing
Old May 21, 2017, 10:41 am

sorry guys, can be deleted

Last edited by C2fly; May 21, 2017 at 10:42 am Reason: sorry, wrong thread
Old May 21, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by englisha
An interesting one WWE, found it for 373 EUR from my local airport without trying too hard to bring it down lower. Sounds like the kinda crazy itinerary id do if I had more time - Thanks for sharing
I found $332 but strike is unflyable to me. Only about ~$130 more without strike, so no need to try too hard.

OJ BOS/LAX seems to produce better results. Can also return from PHL-HKG.

Last edited by ncben; May 21, 2017 at 11:30 am
Old May 22, 2017, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by man4business
Look at this: it can be combined with TK only. How do you estimate chances that TK files error in their own YQ tables? It is not zero (and when it happens it is a self dump) but rather seldom.
I, too, thought so, but posts in the RU forums are full of a lot of dumps of the TK rules
Old May 22, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by man4business
Sorry. What exactly are you saying in your response? The fare statement that I originally posted was from a TK inter Europe r/t itinerary. So, again can it be "struck X3" to reduce that amount above the base fare?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by EksLight
I, too, thought so, but posts in the RU forums are full of a lot of dumps of the TK rules
How recent are those posts? TK has tightened up a couple years ago or so.

Originally Posted by cagcag
Sorry. What exactly are you saying in your response? The fare statement that I originally posted was from a TK inter Europe r/t itinerary. So, again can it be "struck X3" to reduce that amount above the base fare?
What man4business is trying to tell you is that the rules are very clear on what's possible as a "strike" (TK only flights) and that they are very unlikely to be dumping.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
How recent are those posts? TK has tightened up a couple years ago or so.
It was been 5 days ago
Old May 22, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by EksLight
It was been 5 days ago
Well, then go ahead and dump that baby
Old May 22, 2017, 8:19 am

I do not need it, but thanks.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:40 am

I did actually see a TK dump the other day. But nothing really exciting, since the strike was pretty expensive and unconvenient I didn't look further into it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.