Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by rosj
Is this a site, feature on an online travel agency, RSS feed ?

Pardon if its mentioned in the thread, i need my reading glassest to go thru dozens of pages.

----
rosj, FareCompare.com
http://www.farealert.net/

Many people here dislike posting the FlyerTalk finds to this "service" because so many people (airlines and sites like Travelocity) have signed up for it and the fear is that releasing a "fare alert" will kill the deal.

I sort of tend to agree with that assessment myself, but this is not the time or the place to debate it.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
anyone still able to get the fare? i am pricing out at about $5k

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
I am consistently amazed by individuals' inability to "lay low" after these deals -- what value is added by contacting carriers, reservation sites, etc. within minutes of snagging the deal? And, is it worth alerting agents of the deal in the minutes/hours before the reservations have been ticketed and shipped?

Eeesh. In the worst case scenario, you end up with a "bad" business class seat assignment.

Well said!

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Nope...

Originally Posted by gleff
Does anyone have a tracking number for the shipping of their paper tickets?
...everything else but!

Programs: AF: Plat BD: Gold ICH: Plat Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by rosj
Is this a site, feature on an online travel agency, RSS feed ?

Pardon if its mentioned in the thread, i need my reading glassest to go thru dozens of pages.

----
rosj, FareCompare.com
It is an email based alert for 'hot deals', this deal seems to have gone dead once it was published on fare alert

http://www.farealert.net/deal/azyyzlca
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:50 pm

Who's the first to go on a trip? Take photos of the cabin. Airliners.net only has 2.

Sorry if this was already asked...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
AZ flies some 767s. Which version I don't know. I do know that last year there was at least two different seating configurations in the 767 Magnifica cabins.
AZ flies 767-400's.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SW Gold, Colonial Kitchen Sink Club
Looks like they also just rolled back the charges on my credit card too...

oh well...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by IrishRed
My ticket numbers are shown on cheaptickets, no UPS tracking number yet (I booked around 3:30 a.m CST so was 'one of the first').

I only have seats assigned on the last segment (Newark-Toronto)...and it won't let me pick seats for the other flights saying they will be assigned at check-in Seems like everyone else has seat assignments, so that is a bummer.

I'm waiting to see how this plays out...as are other posters, I'm hoping I can drop the MXP-LCA-LCA-MXP segments and stay in Italy, although it's only 3 nights there then I have a 4 night 'layover' in Italy, it would still be better IMHO to stay in Italy.
I also have seats assigned only on the last segment MXP-YYZ.
Why the panic to avoid Cyprus? Brits and Swedes have been holidaying there for years.
--
13F
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM
No tracking number yet. I called Cheaptickets and CSR said the paper ticket was already issed. She was rather rude when I asked her about the possibility of changing my flight from MIL to LCA. Now lets see when I get the tickets. Got one but somehow could not get a second initiary to work.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
I asked for overnight Fedex for my tickets ... can I get this refunded/reduced if these tickets end up getting held-up for days until a "decision" is made?

Sorry, just can't help it
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
AZ flies 767-400's.
Hm. AZ doesn't state that on their website...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Booked about 1pm EDT. Have confirmation numbers, my cc has been charged, but still waiting on ticket numbers.

Reservation still shows up on Orbitz.

Last edited by dcstudent; Apr 5, 2006 at 2:54 pm Reason: to add EDT
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Who's the first to go on a trip? Take photos of the cabin. Airliners.net only has 2.

Sorry if this was already asked...
What about photos for loungeguide.net?

I created the SEA BA page there...if there's still gaps after my planned September trip, I'll add that.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:57 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I can view the tickets on aircanada's site, using the AC PNR, but it is showing a status of 'unticketed'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.