Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Well it's been a fun 12 hours. So much for trying to get any work done, or much sleep.

I've got one trip that I don't know if I will cancel or not (depends if I can change the flight dates), but got a nice family vacation locked in. Hopefully I'll be able to fly to Toronto without paying an arm and a leg. I've got 8 days at the Hilton locked in for 10k points a night, and am feeling good about the deal.

I've got ticket numbers for all of the tickets, but not sure if I'll get the tickets tomorrow or no. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again to Rosj for the great deal.

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
AZ flies 767-400's.

No. I don't think they do. I could be wrong but I thought they were all clssified as 767-300.
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
In the past 14 months, AZ has had at least 3 distinct business class amenity kits, and two of the distinct ones came in at least two different colors.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
I just noted some interesting tidbits ....

When accessing my AC record locator (aircanada.com) ... the FCO-BOS flight is listed under AC flight number operated by AZ, however it also says that it the itinerary is not yet ticketed even though I got the tix #'s from Orbitz

The itinerary showes as ticketed under AA's record locator (aa.com) ...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Probably since the ticketed on 055 stock, although AC was more than likely your first segment.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by johnep1
Not even close. For every person who visits FT often, there're likely 10 people who are signed up for FA and never visit FT except when they get a FA email.
you may be right - I honestly have no clue how big FA's list is. I always figured with the press coverage FT has gotten over the last year or so, there would be tons of lurkers here than people who would sign up for an email newsletter. then again, given that lately I've been checking FT more than my email, maybe I'm not the best opinion on message boards vs email lists
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by angus1999
I wanted to know same thing...
can you drop the Cyprus Airlines portion of the flights and stay in Italy, or will it cancel out your return flights??
This will cancel out your return flights.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, UA Prem Ex, Delta Gold, SPG-Gold, Priority Club-Gold
AZ update

If AZ was smart...they would charge $5000 for flights to YYZ from all over the US. There must be a million people now trying to book to connect with these godforsaken flights!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
AZ has no way to control the price of flights from the U.S. to Toronto in any way shape or form...if AZ codeshares were priced at this level...people would just book other carriers
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by angus1999
If AZ was smart...they would charge $5000 for flights to YYZ from all over the US. There must be a million people now trying to book to connect with these godforsaken flights!

Good for them (AZ) if they do (though I'm pretty sure they can't publish domestic USA fare). I'll fly DL or NW or AA or UA or.....
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, UA Prem Ex, Delta Gold, SPG-Gold, Priority Club-Gold
Joke

It Was A Joke!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Damnit...sorry...the claws are getting a bit shorter what with the gnawing and checking back on Orbitz every few secs
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:09 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
ex-USA to YTO/YYZ is hardly domestic.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:10 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by umguy
So when did you book your last ones?
around 1030a est
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by MCI777
No they don't and they don't fly 767-200 series which is what my flight from YYZ-MXP is supposedly on. I'll be interested to see if it is a typo or if these aircraft "magically" appear from somewhere. More than likely a typo.
As stated previously, 762 is an internal AZ designation that refers to 763s that were originally operated by Air Canada and subsequently sold to AZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.