Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
OK. I think we could all benefit from the following answers (easily supplied by us readers).

1) Does anyone have a tracking number for their paper tickets (long ago in this thread someone mentioned that Orbitz gave then took away a tracking number.

2) In general, how long does an Orbitz paper ticket reservation take from getting ticket numbers to getting a tracking numbers (not on some crazy mistake fare, but on a normal paper ticket?)

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
The return portion of my res with no ticket #'s has disappeared, but is not showing cxld.

My res with ticket #'s is intact, but still no FedEx #.
The e-mail I received from Orbitz stated it would take 24 hours for the tracking number to appear...so I'm thinking they might update at midnight or something.

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by MACH81
what about AZ miles?It's a codeshare so it should earn full(double in D)MilleMiglia miles,am I correct?
Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner. Putting the MXP/FCO-LCA flights onto AZ's Mille Miglia is the right thing to do. It will earn full miles there, including the applicable class of service bonus.

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
The second ticket I booked got cancelled. The first one is still intact. Neither have ticket numbers.

For the conspiracy theorists out there... The ticket that was cancelled has all Alitalia flights. The one that wasn't has one AA flight in addition to the remainder of the itinerary on AZ!!!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MazdaMP
got a tracking number from travelocity.com!

thanks OP!
This appears to be the first Tracking Number sighting
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
What happens when they cancel your flight?

I booked through Orbitz. I received a "confirmation," but no ticket numbers yet. What would happen if they cancelled my booking? Do I have any recourse other than to complain?

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
And to think I'd get my Professional Responsibility outline done tonight.

My tickets for my parents on the same days as mine got cancelled - they had not yet ticketed. My tickets that did ticket have not cancelled.

Last edited by alliance; Apr 5, 2006 at 4:02 pm Reason: typo

Programs: SPG Plat UA 1P Hilton Gold CO dirt
booked at 12:56 Central Time, not cancelled, and no ticket number still....
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
The one unticketed Travelocity reservation that got cancelled has the following annotation in the PNR:

Code:
GEN FAX-1 SSROTHSAA/// .XXCLED AS PER INVALID RES
It is Alitalia cancelling, not Travelocity.

None of my ticketed itinararies have been touched tough.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:07 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Then maybe that makes sense... reservations with multiple airlines may not be easily canceled by Alitalia especially ones that have been ticketed...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Here is an interesting thought...

If Alitalia tickets it and Orbitz is holding the paper ticket for a fare that was not their mistake, then why would Orbitz not send them? Orbitz does not lose any money on this mistake so it is to their benefit to send out all ticketed reservations and let the customers get screwed over by AZ if they really want to cancel the ticketed flights. Holding on to the ticketed Itins would only hurt Orbitz rather than help.

This was not Orbitz mistake...which might be to our advantage
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by YYCOllie
The second ticket I booked got cancelled. The first one is still intact. Neither have ticket numbers.

For the conspiracy theorists out there... The ticket that was cancelled has all Alitalia flights. The one that wasn't has one AA flight in addition to the remainder of the itinerary on AZ!!!
Did your cancelled "tickets" have a ticket number?

And presumably your AA/AZ itinerary has a ticket number, right?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CO Silver, frequent WN patron
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
This appears to be the first Tracking Number sighting
Actually, I had the following show up about 3:00AM CDT last night:

Apr 5, 2006 3:11 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

Tix were booked on Travelocity, ticket numbers were issued fairly quickly, and the Travelocity "my stuff' page shows the following:

Your Confirmation Information:

* Paper-tickets are confirmed with the airline.
* Travelocity Trip ID 6681XXXXXXXX

As of 17:08 CDT, FedEx isn't showing an origin scan yet. It's tempting to call, but I'll just keep my fingers crossed and see what shows up tomorrow morning. If Travelocity honors this one, they've pretty much got another lifetime customer.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rcs85551
The one unticketed Travelocity reservation that got cancelled has the following annotation in the PNR:

Code:
GEN FAX-1 SSROTHSAA/// .XXCLED AS PER INVALID RES
It is Alitalia cancelling, not Travelocity.

None of my ticketed itinararies have been touched tough.

Could Alitalia may be making an SAS-type mistake? If so, that's no good. For now it sounds like Alitalia is not doing like SAS did. Or do we have any reports of ticketed itineraries -- WITH TICKET NUMBERS ISSUED -- being cancelled?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.