Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
still waiting

My res. has no tix nbrs yet, and has not been cancelled as of yet *fingers crossed*
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Booked on cheaptickets.com,just checked and it's fine.ticket numbers.no UPS tracking number yet.Booked around 11.30 ET.I hope they don't cancel it!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:43 pm

Just got a call from a friend at an Ad Agency -- apparently they were told to start developing a campaign around how their client honors their deals no matter what and making fun of firms that dont.

I guess the idea is to attack the firms that back out...an interesting marketing tactic.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by MazdaMP
just noticed that we can credit the miles to Delta which does NOT have the disclaimer that AZ flights need to be AZ "operated" - am I correct?
You will earn Skymiles for the transoceanic flights, but you will not earn Skymiles for the CY operated flights to/from LCA - as they are not operated by a Skyteam partner.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:47 pm

On my firends Orbitz account, where it used to show the full itinerary, it now has the leg from yyz->lca removed and just shows the return leg. He doesn't have a ticket#. Is this the end of the road for him? It doesn't say "cancelled" anywhere.

-dr
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA/DL plat to AA
Mine just got canceled...It was fun in any case
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rcs85551
You will earn Skymiles for the transoceanic flights, but you will not earn Skymiles for the CY operated flights to/from LCA - as they are not operated by a Skyteam partner.

what about AZ miles?It's a codeshare so it should earn full(double in D)MilleMiglia miles,am I correct?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
hmmm ... interesting ...

"Alitalia:
No mileage credit for fares booked in E, F, G, P, R, S, U, or Z class"

notice the difference with the following:

"KLM Royal Dutch Airlines:
Mileage credit only applies to flights operated by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. No mileage credit will be awarded for fares booked in D, E, G, N, V, or W class."

For Alitalia it actually does not say that it has to be operated by AZ; while for KLM it specifically says "operated by KLM only".

I still think mileage accrual on DL is a no go though ...

Originally Posted by MazdaMP
just noticed that we can credit the miles to Delta which does NOT have the disclaimer that AZ flights need to be AZ "operated" - am I correct?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by ONTRandy
Mine just got canceled...It was fun in any case
Did you have ticket numbers? If you're writing to say that your reservation was cancelled, please state whether or not you had a ticket number and other relevant details, as this is important information.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: NW Gold; lifetime WorldClubs
Wow, a thousand posts in less than 24 hours. Still wondering whether my reservation will live through the night. How am I supposed to get any serious work done today with that much suspense?

- Martin

P.S.: Drat, HomerJ beat me to the 1000th post...

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
Originally Posted by flyingwish
No tracking number yet. I called Cheaptickets and CSR said the paper ticket was already issed. She was rather rude when I asked her about the possibility of changing my flight from MIL to LCA. Now lets see when I get the tickets. Got one but somehow could not get a second initiary to work.
Do you have the Cheapticket.com CSR number available ? I cannot find their number on the web site. You can PM me if it is not public info. Thanks.

Booked at 10:45EST.... got ticket#s with my confirmation email that arrived at 11:06 EST.... checked online at orbitz.com and the same ticket#s are there (still).

still holding my breath.

-dr
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
The return portion of my res with no ticket #'s has disappeared, but is not showing cxld.

My res with ticket #'s is intact, but still no FedEx #.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:55 pm

got a tracking number from travelocity.com!

thanks OP!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Originally Posted by HomerJ
....#1000...lets see if I timed this right?
Excellent Job HomerJ!...I'm waiting for post #3000, by then discussion will turn to class action lawsuits, ruined family vacations and boycotts of xxx and yyy online travel agency

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.