Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:45 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
talked to orbitz, paper ticket already been printed
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:46 pm
Suspended

No not yet on the cancellation question.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC *E
Both my Orbitz reservations show fare basis of DRTCA9 but isn't able to provide the fare rules. Does anyone have access to these rules to see what they say?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:48 pm

Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Alitalia is now not honouring any ticket request. They are cancelled tickets and Orbitz is calling them "scheduled changes." If you don't have a ticket number issued, it can get dicey.

-A.

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
I booked mine 11:23 am PDT (2:23 pm EDT)...

Just squeezed in under the bell... Woke up from a 7 hr nap in Amsterdam and what do I see on FT? Cyprus!

I received my Orbitz confirmation 11:48 am PDT. I have an Orbitz record locator and an Alitalia record locator, but don't have a ticket number yet (hoping...)

I tried 7/6-7/30 at Orbitz, got the price, then when I clicked to buy, it said the fare was unavailable...so I changed the return date & bingo!
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by YYCOllie
I got in on the Air Canada fare errors the last round [booked on Austrian]

I think this one works, because its paper tickets which I think are tougher to cancel.
In my experience, AZ's better than AC (and Austrian) when it comes to discounted flexible business class fares that we see pop up in Mileage Run.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
I just tried logging into my Orbitz account and it says that I can't that someone at Orbitz is currently accessing my account.. won't be surprised if they cancel, they're the worst of all the travel companies.. but we'll see

Originally Posted by ohcanada
Both my Orbitz reservations show fare basis of DRTCA9 but isn't able to provide the fare rules. Does anyone have access to these rules to see what they say?
They're available at the bottom of the "flight details" page, just above the fare breakdown.

Edit: Scratch that. Just clicked on fare rules and they don't display. It worked earlier.

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
same problem on cheaptickets,no rules
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If you don't have a ticket number within 4 hours, you're likely to have a bit more of an issue -- and then some -- than those of us with a ticket number. Until the 4 hour mark passes, I wouldn't worry too much -- if you booked your ticket on CheapTickets or Orbitz. Then if there's nothing there, then it's far more likely to be time to rethink.
Got my fingers crossed on my second set of tickets (No biggie if it doesn't go through...'twas only a weekend MR with 1 night LCA, 1 night FCO). Luckily first set of tix for girlfriend and I have numbers...Now to see what Category the Le Meridien Limassol has been designated by Starwood...will be able to swing four free nights in a suite if it's Cat 4 or Lower.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by abrelosojos
Alitalia is now not honouring any ticket request. They are cancelled tickets and Orbitz is calling them "scheduled changes." If you don't have a ticket number issued, it can get dicey.

-A.
Just for clarification, you are not saying that Alitalia is going to dishonor tickets already issued (with a ticket number), right?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MACH81
same problem on cheaptickets,no rules
Spiff kindly posted the rule up above in this forum. Search this thread for posts by Spiff and you'll fing the fare rules.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:51 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Aah!!! I don't have a ticket number. Oh dear!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Please see post #186
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Got my fingers crossed on my second set of tickets (No biggie if it doesn't go through...'twas only a weekend MR with 1 night LCA, 1 night FCO). Luckily first set of tix for girlfriend and I have numbers...Now to see what Category the Le Meridien Limassol has been designated by Starwood...will be able to swing four free nights in a suite if it's Cat 4 or Lower.

It's Cat 4...

-Vincent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.