Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by beaubo
All of my Orbitz reservations now show ticket numbers in the 'My Views' section.
So when did you book your last ones?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by javachik2004
I booked a couple of hours ago on Orbitz; not showing ticket numbers yet, but my credit card (AmEx) has been charged.

I am in the same situation.

As an aside, Why on earth are you people calling Orbitz, Alititalia, and so on...? This will all become clear in a day or so...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by javachik2004
I booked a couple of hours ago on Orbitz; not showing ticket numbers yet, but my credit card (AmEx) has been charged.
Ditto that - the last three I booked have been charged to my MC, but there are no ticket numbers yet...

Also, the ones that have ticket numbers DON'T have FedEx tracking #s yet...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:28 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
What was the Air Canada meager settlement?

Programs: UA 1k, SW Gold, Colonial Kitchen Sink Club
Whats real fishy is I got my tix for $171.93

Airfare, (Adult) $189.99
Service fee $9.99
Paper-tickets processing fees: $21.95
Orbitz discount: -$50.00

But then on my credit card I got hit for two charges:

The first for $31.94 from ORBITZ WWWORBITZCOM IL
The second for $190.00 from ORBITZ MANKATO MN MN

Now if we actually get these tix I dont care, but it seems odd they quote me one price charge me another.....

-bill
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
2 Tix booked at 10:30am EDT have ticket numbers, but no FedEx #

1 Ticket booked at 12:30pm EDT has no ticket number
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by heathriel
Question:

Based on the fare rules, I can't tell.

Do we *have* to go to Cyprus? I mean, I've basically got a YYZ-MXP round trip with an MXP-LCA one in the middle of it (on a different airline.) Does it fall under the applicable changes if I just drop the middle bit?

Cyprus is perfectly cool, but it's not Milan.
YES. You MUST got to LCA or your return trip, MXP-YYZ will be CANCELED.

Just change the dates after you receive your ticket so that you spend 1 night (or less, if possible) in LCA and come back to MXP. One night in LCA is not the end of the world, especially in light of the cost of the business class ticket across the pond.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, UA Prem Ex, Delta Gold, SPG-Gold, Priority Club-Gold
Az

I wanted to know same thing...
can you drop the Cyprus Airlines portion of the flights and stay in Italy, or will it cancel out your return flights??
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Please

Please don't call!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Nicksterguy
Please don't call!
What? Like they don't already know?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
YOU HAVE TO FLY TO CYPRUS.

stop asking, people! If you drop the MXP-LCA portion, they'll cancel your return. For a $39 dollar fare, I wouldn't whine about having to go to a mediterranian island instead of the italian mainland!

Programs: UGS, AA CK
Originally Posted by beaubo
All of my Orbitz reservations now show ticket numbers in the 'My Views' section.
Beaubo, What time did you book the tickets? How long was the delay?

Thanks.

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
I personally wouldn't call AZ for date changes etc. until the dust settles on this one ... then again, my flights are only in September
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by heathriel
Question:

Based on the fare rules, I can't tell.

Do we *have* to go to Cyprus? I mean, I've basically got a YYZ-MXP round trip with an MXP-LCA one in the middle of it (on a different airline.) Does it fall under the applicable changes if I just drop the middle bit?

Cyprus is perfectly cool, but it's not Milan.
As I understand it, you do have to fly to Cyprus and back, or else you won't be able to take the MXP-US leg back home - but since it appears you can change your dates, you could try squeezing your MXP-LCA RT together, spending a day back/forth to Cyprus just to get that part of it out of the way.

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Yeah, the first few people shouldn't have called the agents/GDSs/airline, and really shouldn't have sent a farealert. Farealert has been on NATIONAL TV. every airline in the country has their revenue management guys subscribed to it.

If you submit a fare alert to win one of their gift certificates to amazon.com or something, I hope your next hundred flights are on CRJ-100s, and half of them are cancelled due to weather. Seriously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.