Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Here's to hoping..

Originally Posted by IrishRed
He came back on and said Alitalia IS reissuing those tickets and itineraries would be updated within 24 hours. I specifically asked if MY tickets would be reinstated, and was told yes. ^
Please, please, pretty please!

I'll even be willing to dump my Orbitz one.... ugh... well... maybe not.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by IrishRed
I don't think anyone booked on Expedia, at least no one I've seen post on this thread...I wonder if they escaped this completely?
I too don't recall anyone getting an AZ ticket number via Expedia on this.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:30 am

I just got off the phone with Orbitz. Not too busy at 2:15am EDT. They transfered me to the International Desk. I had already recieved ticket numbers. They informed me that it was an mistake fare, but Alitalia was going to honor my ticket. She said to hold on to the tickets when I recieve them, and reconfirm with Alitalia after I get them. She also gave me the tracking number. When I checked, it was in the system as "billing information recieved". I am thinking I will be one of the lucky ones. Like a previous poster said, make sure you are transfered to "international" then suggest they speak with the ticketing department. The conversation between my "international" CSR and the ticketing department is where it was all put together. She didn't know what was going on before that.

As far as the fare rules changing, I am a little dissapointed. I would have liked to add a stopover in Rome, since my first leg connects there. Do they have an obligation to the original fare rules, since this is what we purchased?

In any case, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. I will enjoy my vacation in LCA, even if I don't get to see more than the airport at Rome.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:30 am

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
so I guess the big question is now wether or not AZ will re-issue all those tix in question with the new "enhanced" fare rulez....
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:34 am
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
Changing the fare rules after the fact is really low. Surely this must constitute a further breach of contract.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by andrewsheehan
I happened to catch this just as I got home from work today on CNN, I happened to glance at the TV and see the flyertalk homepage, I quickly hit record on my pvr. Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqdIfb1xZo

Enjoy

-Andrew
Congrats izzik, did you ever think one of your posts would make it on to CNN?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:36 am
Suspended

My tickets have all been charged to my account with ticket numbers showing up in my statement.

This is a sample of the ones from Travelocity:

Transaction Date: 04/05/2006
Post Date: 04/06/2006
Transaction Description: ALITALIA LINES AERES SAN ANTONIO TX
TKT# 05513XXXXXXXXXXX

Charge: $190.90
Merchant Address: ALITALIA
ATTN CREDIT & COLLECTION
350 5TH AVE STE 3700
NEW YORK NY 10118-3799
USA

Merchant Type: EURO,ME,AFRICA CARR
Doing Business As: No Additional Information
I have some other Alitalia charges posted as being from ALITALIA LINES AERES NASHVILLE TN for the CheapTickets' ticketed itinerary and ALITALIA LINES AERES MANKATO MN for Orbitz ticketed itineraries. Ticket numbers posted as expected.

So now I have to just wait and see how they get reinstated.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:39 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I too don't recall anyone getting an AZ ticket number via Expedia on this.
IIRC, the first person to report delivery this morning booked via expedia.uk.

Thanks to all who are posting CT updates.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by senoreit
Congrats izzik, did you ever think one of your posts would make it on to CNN?
Billiam's post wasn't used? I see izzik's post.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:43 am

Programs: AA PLT, CO Silver, frequent WN patron
Originally Posted by Peatisback
How was the 'approval' from AZ conveyed in your record? Is this something you can easily see on the webpage or what the CS people told you? I'm interested to know how they worded it....

Fingers crossed here too!
Okay, I need to correct myself: my wife talked to Travelocity around 5:00pm CDT and spoke with a Travelocity rep who reinstated the original departure on 25 December. No interaction with Alitalia occurred for this leg. On the second leg, he said he could not find availability in D for our original date and would need to get approval from Alitalia. Alitalia is apparently only dealing with this through supervisors and none were to be found at the time. Given the revision of fare rules that's been posted here I don't know what to expect but it does appear that Travelocity could be moving forward on formerly ticketed reservations. We called (speakerphone) at 10:00 PDT (back in California now) and the notes in the PNR were read back reflecting what I stated above. Sorry for the confusion. Nothing is up that we can actually see -- however, two separate CSRs have stated pretty much the same thing and CSR #2 did state that Travelocity's PNR reflected a booking on the outbound (YYZ-MXP-LCA).

So, we're very cautiously optimistic at this point. We may have half of our rez back.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:46 am

Programs: UA, PC Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
My tickets have all been charged to my account with ticket numbers showing up in my statement.

This prompted me to check my account...the airline tickets are still on authorization, but Cheaptickets has stopped the authorization they had for the ticketing fees...I wonder why? Even with my phone confirmation that scares me a bit...
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:48 am

Programs: Choice Hotels Platinum
Thanks!

Leave it to an Irish lad/lass to bring us some good news and, hopefully, good luck about the status of our CT tickets! I have not delved into this thread, although I do have a booking with CT, just because all my questions were being answered on the fly. Please forgive the pun!

Thanks, and slainte, to you, IrishRed, no matter how this turns out!
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:01 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by TelevisionTdTina
Thanks for doing the review... Mrp. ^

Question tho..
Please read article 5.1 very carefully:

Quote:
5.1. The Carrier or its authorised agents will record the passenger’s reservation and give the passenger written confirmation if so requested by him/her. Only the reservation confirmed in the system that the Carrier uses to record reservations for its flights will be considered valid. The Carrier will not be liable for any damage caused by lack of or mistaken recording if not attributable to Carrier’s own negligence or with intent.
Some fare rules may include conditions that limit or exclude the passenger’s right to cancel or change reservations on Carrier’s flights.

How do you know that this only applies to Orbitz?

I have ticket numbers, which other FT'ers have indicated that usually means it went through AZ system to have been generated. In fact, had tickets at my front door until, UPS took them back. Speculation sucks! Wish there was concrete evidence. Soon. I figure if AZ is saying tickets ticketed before suspending, that means everyone regardless of purchase point.

Thanks for you insight.
Tina
This is Alitalia's Contract of Carriage from their website and available for inspection at any AZ ticket counter. Physical delivery of the paper tickets to your door is irrelevant as long as your booking agent was in physical possession of the paper ticket at some point in time. All that is relevant is whether the reservation ever was stored in the AZ computer system. If so, you will end up with a seat.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:29 am

So for those of us who booked but never got ticket numbers on Orbitz is there any luck in getting a ticket?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:32 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Just got off the phone with Alitalia. They confirmed that my reservation on Orbitz for next Feb has indeed been reinstated and will be honored. When she pulled up my two itins on Travelocity, she said the tickets were still cancelled and that it was up to Travelocity to reinstate them at this point. I told her thank you for her time. I'm going to bed now. Hopefully by morning my travelocity tickets (which I have paper tickets in hand for) will be sorted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.