Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC *E
When I spoke to Orbitz a while ago they said my economy segments were in Y. ^
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by ohcanada
When I spoke to Orbitz a while ago they said my economy segments were in Y. ^
Y as in fully refundable, no penalty for date change?

Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:32 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Bah.. I didn't check availability getting to/from YYZ/EWR well enough over the July 4th holiday, only full-point awards are available and fares aren't much better, or requiring an overnight in EWR. Hopefully they will honor these and/or allow date changes.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I guess they key thing is if the US buyers get their FEDEX delivery...

...please post as those of us in Canada have to wait 5-7 days for delivery of paper tix.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I agree - hence the panic on AZ's part. That said, given that we're talking about seats that regularly sell for thousands of dollars, AZ might find it more expedient to not honor the tickets (or put em in Coach) and take the chance that few will want to go through the burden and expense of litigation.
I'm not especially familiar with American Law (yet)...but is there not a large pool of potential class members here for a class action? If 1,000+ people booked these fares, perhaps made nonrefundable prepaid hotel reservations, etc...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:35 pm

Programs: NW Gold; lifetime WorldClubs
Originally Posted by senoreit
Why is it that 767-200 is not listed or mentioned at all on Alitalia's fleet page? Does such a plane really exist in their fleet, or is there a chance these flights are on 767-300 or 777-200?
Alitalia's online booking engine shows "BOEING 767-200ER" as equipment for my flight. Senoreit's explanation makes sense, but I wonder why their website expands it to the rather misleading 767-200 designator.

Anyways, given that their fleet doesn't have any -200s, my bet is we'll fly on a -300. According to seatguru.com, they have a 2-1-2 configuration in business class - should be nice.

- Martin
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I'm not especially familiar with American Law (yet)...but is there not a large pool of potential class members here for a class action? If 1,000+ people booked these fares, perhaps made nonrefundable prepaid hotel reservations, etc...

and now the storm begins...

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
Anyone have suggestions on cheapest way from LCA to VIE (Vienna)?

I'm trying to visit Impulstanz in Vienna - http://www.impulstanz.com/english/index.php. It's the biggest improvisational modern dance workshop in the world (7/13-8/13/06)
http://www.impulstanz.com/english/index.php

Also, any suggestions for good places around Cyprus? Maybe Dubrovnik, Croatia, Bosnia, etc...? I've been to Istanbul...and recently went thru Hungary.

I booked 3 weeks in July. Awesome deal! SFO-LCA is $1,404 in coach! I figured some time in Cyprus, 2 weeks in Vienna, and ????

Now I just need that $29 SFO-YYZ Air Canada special...

Last edited by mitchell; Apr 6, 2006 at 11:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Why would AZ treat this differently than DEL-LON-DEL on AZ for even less of a fare in the biz cabin?

By the way, in New York -- at least back in 1999 -- you could become a lawyer without going to law school. You just need to "apprentice" for some period with a lawyer and then take the bar exam. You pass it, you become a lawyer in NY and a member of the NY Bar.

Originally Posted by HomerJ
...please post as those of us in Canada have to wait 5-7 days for delivery of paper tix.
I should have paid for overnight...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:37 pm

Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Does anyone else have their reservation through Orbitz cancelled?

-A.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AviationFan
Alitalia's online booking engine shows "BOEING 767-200ER" as equipment for my flight. Senoreit's explanation makes sense, but I wonder why their website expands it to the rather misleading 767-200 designator.

Anyways, given that their fleet doesn't have any -200s, my bet is we'll fly on a -300. According to seatguru.com, they have a 2-1-2 configuration in business class - should be nice.

- Martin
Some AZ 767s have a 2-1-2 configuration while others have a 1-2-2 configuration.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
I think you could maintain a class action suit, although the lawyers would probably get most of any judgment! A more likely scenario is that AZ realizes that the cost of fighting this is simply not worth it, and honors the tickets. I believe that's what most airlines do in these situations...so you can think of that as a sort of settlement. Let's face it...while litigation would cost the ticket-holders, it would also greatly cost the airline which probably farms its work out to some big NYC law-firm that can easily surpass the cost of these tix. in no time!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by abrelosojos
Does anyone else have their reservation through Orbitz cancelled?

-A.
All of mine which had ticket numbers assigned are fine.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
In all cases, AZ's 767s are just 5 abreast which is refreshing and the way it USED TO BE on lots of other carriers, too, before they got greedy and added that sixth seat.

For those who got this deal, congrats --- hope it stands up. I've got a weird feeling about this one, though ....................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.