Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by Spiff
From Expertflyer.com:

Fare Rules

FARE BASIS CODE
DRTCA9
Thanks for the fare posting by Spiff and the PDF by Hauteboy and for calling by Ohcanada. What a helpful community we are

I am a little confused though with the mixed Business/Economy bookings for MXP-LCA and US-based transfers some of us have gotten. D fare basis applied only to Business class right? Ohcanada mentioned that it was Y for the Economy, so I presume a Y fare basis is as liberal as you can get with Economy, therefore should not have any problems with the D fare?

Sorry, I haven't quite gotten the hang of the details on the fare basis interoperability, especially on a $33 fare

Originally Posted by angus1999
I just called AZ again and they said their system had "crashed"!!
It will be interesting to see if these paper tix arrive tomorrow as planned. We do have ticket numbers and they are in their system - as I mentioned earlier.
AZ's computers have nothing to do with our tickets being mailed, so I assume that those with ticket numbers will be fine.

Programs: UA, PC Plat
My ticket numbers are shown on cheaptickets, no UPS tracking number yet (I booked around 3:30 a.m CST so was 'one of the first').

I only have seats assigned on the last segment (Newark-Toronto)...and it won't let me pick seats for the other flights saying they will be assigned at check-in Seems like everyone else has seat assignments, so that is a bummer.

I'm waiting to see how this plays out...as are other posters, I'm hoping I can drop the MXP-LCA-LCA-MXP segments and stay in Italy, although it's only 3 nights there then I have a 4 night 'layover' in Italy, it would still be better IMHO to stay in Italy.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:35 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Why doesn't Farealert delete any emails that end it, say, oh, @delta.com ?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:36 pm

My flights from YYZ-FCO (and return) are listed on Orbitz as 767-400. Does AZ even fly these?

(Res still showing on Orbitz, ticketed with 055xxxxxx number, no tracking #)
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by oopsz
Yeah, the first few people shouldn't have called the agents/GDSs/airline, and really shouldn't have sent a farealert. Farealert has been on NATIONAL TV. every airline in the country has their revenue management guys subscribed to it.
farealert's publicity probably didn't help matters, but also keep in mind that surely most of them read FT every day too.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I am consistently amazed by individuals' inability to "lay low" after these deals -- what value is added by contacting carriers, reservation sites, etc. within minutes of snagging the deal? And, is it worth alerting agents of the deal in the minutes/hours before the reservations have been ticketed and shipped?

Eeesh. In the worst case scenario, you end up with a "bad" business class seat assignment.

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Where did the $50 discount come from?

Originally Posted by useabilly
Whats real fishy is I got my tix for $171.93

Airfare, (Adult) $189.99
Service fee $9.99
Paper-tickets processing fees: $21.95
Orbitz discount: -$50.00

But then on my credit card I got hit for two charges:

The first for $31.94 from ORBITZ WWWORBITZCOM IL
The second for $190.00 from ORBITZ MANKATO MN MN

Now if we actually get these tix I dont care, but it seems odd they quote me one price charge me another.....

-bill

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IrishRed
My ticket numbers are shown on cheaptickets, no UPS tracking number yet (I booked around 3:30 a.m CST so was 'one of the first').

I only have seats assigned on the last segment (Newark-Toronto)...and it won't let me pick seats for the other flights saying they will be assigned at check-in Seems like everyone else has seat assignments, so that is a bummer.

I'm waiting to see how this plays out...as are other posters, I'm hoping I can drop the MXP-LCA-LCA-MXP segments and stay in Italy, although it's only 3 nights there then I have a 4 night 'layover' in Italy, it would still be better IMHO to stay in Italy.

I can almost guarantee that you will NOT be able to drop MXP-LCA-MXP. This will void the ticket and lead to a reprice. Trust me on this one. ^
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Take a helicopter from Cyprus to Beirut. It could be a good trip.

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
I am consistently amazed by individuals' inability to "lay low" after these deals -- what value is added by contacting carriers, reservation sites, etc. within minutes of snagging the deal? And is it worth alerting agents of the deal in the minutes/hours before the reservations have been ticketed and shipped?

Eeesh. Worst case, you end up with a "bad" business class seat assignment.
I agree. People just can't help themselves.

You CANNOT drop the Italy (MXP/FCO) - LCA and return legs on this trip! Please, people, stop asking about this.

If you do, you will run a very good risk of being flagged at check-in and asked to buy a one-way ticket home.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by zxcvbs
farealert's publicity probably didn't help matters, but also keep in mind that surely most of them read FT every day too.
Not even close. For every person who visits FT often, there're likely 10 people who are signed up for FA and never visit FT except when they get a FA email.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by IrishRed

Please don't try that or you'll end up having to splurge on a new ticket to get back home.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SW Gold, Colonial Kitchen Sink Club
Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Where did the $50 discount come from?
It was available to me because I recently booked a trip where orbitz gave me a $50 coupon for my next trip... god I hope they honor this!

-bill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.