Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by abrelosojos
Orbitz now says:

"THIS RESERVATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED"

-A.
Mine show active, with ticket numbers. None cancelled as yet.
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miguel0881
I think you could maintain a class action suit, although the lawyers would probably get most of any judgment! A more likely scenario is that AZ realizes that the cost of fighting this is simply not worth it, and honors the tickets. I believe that's what most airlines do in these situations...so you can think of that as a sort of settlement. Let's face it...while litigation would cost the ticket-holders, it would also greatly cost the airline which probably farms its work out to some big NYC law-firm that can easily surpass the cost of these tix. in no time!
What reason is there to think AZ won't do what it has done before? AZ honored my $11 fares in business class from India to the UK and back to India around two dozen times. And no one I know had their issued tickets (i.e., ticket numbers) invalidated due to it being an especially low special fare. I expect AZ to do the same this time too.

Programs: big pimpin'
i do too...........
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by sbtinme
In all cases, AZ's 767s are just 5 abreast which is refreshing and the way it USED TO BE on lots of other carriers, too, before they got greedy and added that sixth seat.

For those who got this deal, congrats --- hope it stands up. I've got a weird feeling about this one, though ....................
The only weird feeling I have is that it'll be cold in Cyprus in January. But that's the only time I can go, so I'll live with it.

No seat assignments though on my MXP-IAD flight.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:43 pm

greedy to try to get $21.95 "Paper-tickets processing fees" back? i work about 2 blocks from orbitz headquarters......
Suspended

Originally Posted by abrelosojos
Does anyone else have their reservation through Orbitz cancelled?

-A.
Did you ever have a ticket number assigned to your booking?

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
All of mine which had ticket numbers assigned are fine.
How long does it generally take to get ticket numbers? My reservation was confirmed 1 hour and 20 mins ago, but so far, no ticket numbers.

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by gleff
Mine show active, with ticket numbers. None cancelled as yet.
Mine are active, but no ticket numbers yet. Booked about 90-120 minutes ago. Received the e-mail from Orbitz about 20 minutes after booking, and I have an Alitalia record locater.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Why would AZ treat this differently than DEL-LON-DEL on AZ for even less of a fare in the biz cabin?

By the way, in New York -- at least back in 1999 -- you could become a lawyer without going to law school. You just need to "apprentice" for some period with a lawyer and then take the bar exam. You pass it, you become a lawyer in NY and a member of the NY Bar.
As I already have a clerkship here in Texas, along with a scholarship...methinks I'll milk this student life for a bit longer. This year break in which I've been working full-time has increased my cashflow...but there's much to be said for the student life.

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I have ticket numbers, although waiting for my tracking number.

Anyone ever see a piranha feeding demonstration? 830 posts in a few hours...

average high in lca is 50 in january....better than the midwest!

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
greedy to try to get $21.95 "Paper-tickets processing fees" back? i work about 2 blocks from orbitz headquarters......

Good Lord, you should just stop by and pick up your tickets!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
What reason is there to think AZ won't do what it has done before? AZ honored my $11 fares in business class from India to the UK and back to India around two dozen times. And no one I know had their issued tickets (i.e., ticket numbers) invalidated due to it being an especially low special fare. I expect AZ to do the same this time too.
I agree with you...that's exactly what I was saying. I think AZ will honor them. Someone asked specifically about a class action suit, and I responded that there's probably no reason for that, and I explained why.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:44 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
I got in on the Air Canada fare errors the last round [booked on Austrian]

I think this one works, because its paper tickets which I think are tougher to cancel.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PHLDividends
How long does it generally take to get ticket numbers? My reservation was confirmed 1 hour and 20 mins ago, but so far, no ticket numbers.
If you don't have a ticket number within 4 hours, you're likely to have a bit more of an issue -- and then some -- than those of us with a ticket number. Until the 4 hour mark passes, I wouldn't worry too much -- if you booked your ticket on CheapTickets or Orbitz. Then if there's nothing there, then it's far more likely to be time to rethink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.