Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by hauteboy
I printed out the fare rules for DCRTCA9, they are at:
http://jph.bytestacker.com/DCRTCA9.pdf

Good to keep around because it's not unknown for AZ reps or TAs to have trouble pulling up -- or reading -- the rules properly.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by angus1999
Hello
I called Alitalia and was able to change seat numbers on the flights - but they referred me back to Orbitz when I asked to change one of the european flights on AZ.
Is that correct? Or can I call AZ back to change it???
Also - even though the fare fules seem to allow changes...is there an Orbitz change fee???
other than that - I am all booked with 3 tix for August.
I realize that nobody has yet received them however.. but AZ office in NYC did seem to see the booking and change seat numbers without query.
Airlines routinely try to push the customers back to the booking agent (travel agent). The airline could do changes, but the willingness to do such can vary from agent to agent.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA, Aeroplan, Qantas
I got to the purchase page page on orbitz then the site stopped responding

oh well, thanks to the OP!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
..and the fact that you paid $33 .....

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Airlines routinely try to push the customers back to the booking agent (travel agent). The airline could do changes, but the willingness to do such can vary from agent to agent.
...for the ticket
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
Is there a way to look up ticket numbers at alitalia.com?

Tried signing up for their frequent flyer plan & typing in my Alitalia record locator...but I didn't have an Alitalia FF number when I booked...so maybe that doesn't work.

Orbitz.com still doesn't show a ticket number (about 2 hrs after purchase), but is doesn't show "CANCELLED" either.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
All of my Orbitz reservations now show ticket numbers in the 'My Views' section.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mitchell
Tried signing up for their frequent flyer plan & typing in my Alitalia record locator...but I didn't have an Alitalia FF number when I booked...so maybe that doesn't work.

Orbitz.com still doesn't show a ticket number (about 2 hrs after purchase), but is doesn't show "CANCELLED" either.
In the same boat as you.. would love to know if the info could be accessed on Alitalia's web site.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I just called AZ's 800 number here in the US, wanted to get seat assignments for my ticketed flight with ticket numbers...Never gave any info or hint that I was booked on the YYZ-LCA flight. I simply stated when the agent answered that "I would like to make seat assignments for confirmed reservations." She said she could not help me because their system is down, and to try back in a few hours...sounded chaotic in the background as well (Called the Magnifica Reservations line...option 1, then option 2 from 800 number)
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
...sounded chaotic in the background as well (Called the Magnifica Reservations line...option 1, then option 2 from 800 number)
Yeah, I bet it sounded chaotic...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My guess: for those who had paper tickets issued, printed *and* shipped, you are on your way...enjoy the trip. I think Alitalia will welcome you aboard with a smile while dinging orbitz, travelocity, et al. for issuing these at the incorrect fare without checking with them first or at least alerting them.

For those who had paper tickets issues but not shipped, I'm sure Orbitz is scrambling to figure out what to do - possibly cancelling the reservations and voiding out the printed tickets is on their agenda once they finish talking to Alitalia and whichever GDS had this loaded.

For those who have no ticket numbers issued, I think you will not get your tickets.

Personally, I hope everyone who got the reservation in time receives their tickets and enjoys the trip. I wish I was going too. However, Air Canada recently changed the tone of how carriers can respond to these mistakes by basically flipping everyone the bird, then offering a meager settlement - telling those who want to sue to 'bring it on'. Other carriers might become bolder in their response to similar situations...let's see how AZ reacts...

If AZ dumps responsibility on the ticketing agents, well we all know how Expedia and Orbitz like to treat us over here
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Yeah, I bet it sounded chaotic...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, UA Prem Ex, Delta Gold, SPG-Gold, Priority Club-Gold
AZ computers down

I just called AZ again and they said their system had "crashed"!!
It will be interesting to see if these paper tix arrive tomorrow as planned. We do have ticket numbers and they are in their system - as I mentioned earlier.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: AF: Plat BD: Gold ICH: Plat Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pointeater
I deifnitely was one of the last ones. I had the itin all setup for hours while my wife and I decided on what we wanted to do, then I had to redo it all over again. The farealert was sent before I made a final purchase by at least 10 minutes.
I just missed it then... ouch
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Gold (current Platinum), Hilton Diamond
I booked a couple of hours ago on Orbitz; not showing ticket numbers yet, but my credit card (AmEx) has been charged.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:24 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Question:

Based on the fare rules, I can't tell.

Do we *have* to go to Cyprus? I mean, I've basically got a YYZ-MXP round trip with an MXP-LCA one in the middle of it (on a different airline.) Does it fall under the applicable changes if I just drop the middle bit?

Cyprus is perfectly cool, but it's not Milan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.