Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Flying Scotsman
Problem might lie in getting the ticket revalidated...which would involve interaction with AZ.
Interaction with AZ sounds like a very good thing to me. I’d love to hear under what grounds they cancelled the tickets. I read through the T&Cs GUWonder posted and there wasn’t anything there to cover their actions.

Perhaps they’d be willing to explain their position over the phone.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by sonora
I will sue for my Small claims court jurisdictional limit of $3000, and make the case that Mr S and I had a nice trip planned, meeting up with friends, a stopover in Milan long enough to see some important art, etc.

And with the crazy way airlines do their fares, who knew this was a mistake?
Can we leave the legal posturing for the other thread, please.
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by whlinder
I think you've got a far greater volume of tickets here, no?
Personally, no.

Originally Posted by whlinder
AZ can't have half their YYZ/BOS/JFK/EWR - Italy business class cabins full of $39CAD RT fares during the summer. Alitalia is the last airline that could afford this.

AZ also has interline partners here; depending on their agreements, AZ could owe them more than the fare they collected, or those interline partners will end up being forced to split $39 three ways with AZ. With the DEL biz tickets, there were no interline segments IIRC.
AZ had their biz cabins full -- if that is what you could call a half-full cabin or far less -- -- with people on the sub $39CAD RT fares for DEL-LHR.

Alitalia can afford a lot. It's got official patronage -- from the state.
Suspended

Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
I purchased my ticket from Cheaptickets at 3:00am PST and I have a ticket number but the tracking number is not showing up. Should I send an email to Cheaptickets for the tracking number? I chose UPS second day air.
I emailed cheaptickets for a UPS tracking number as it didn't show up on the file, their response to me was that their software is limited and does not show the UPS tracking numbers for paper tickets, but the email also confirmed I am good to go and that UPS is scheduled for delivery today.

Actually the tickets came about 30 min ago, including one they have cancelled on the web.

If you want a UPS tracking number, you have to email cheaptickets with your locator, they will then give it to you.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LapLap
Interaction with AZ sounds like a very good thing to me. I’d love to hear under what grounds they cancelled the tickets. I read through the T&Cs GUWonder posted and there wasn’t anything there to cover their actions.

Perhaps they’d be willing to explain their position over the phone.
My tickets are all issued on AZ ticket stock (i.e., with AZ ticket numbers) and Orbitz (including Cheaptickets). AZ has a choice on who is allowed to issue tickets and how they can issue tickets. It's not my fault.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:28 am

Why airlines, banks and other corporations can make mistakes and get away with it, but I can't, if I made a mistake they would hold me responsible even if there was an insignificant (to them) account of money at stakewhich is significant to me

Ot

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
cheaptickets... does not show the UPS tracking numbers for paper tickets
So it works fine for e-tickets (which, naturally, don't require tracking numbers)? Idiocy.

Programs: Food Lion MVP
did anyone book this as a Total Trip?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:29 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by The Flying Scotsman
Problem might lie in getting the ticket revalidated...which would involve interaction with AZ.

Unless, of course, you simply went straight to check in with your ticket, without having it revalidated??
Whether AZ likes it or not, AZ must follow the rules of the fare, just as the consumer must.

The rules say that date changes are penalty-free. AZ doesn't get to choose whether or not it will do so. If there is D class inventory availability, AZ must do so or AZ has breached the contract that exists between the passenger and AZ.

Programs: SPG Plat UA 1P Hilton Gold CO dirt
My Orbitz res has not changed since I "purchased" it, all flights are still in my itn. No ticket numbers shown, no UPS tracking number. Online credit card recent activity show a charge equal to the "service fee" and "paper ticketing fee" added together, wonder if the charge for the tickets will come later...
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Atalia will most probably pull the "it looked to good to be true, so it must have been a mistake" card. Granted, you could point out the 1 Euro specials in Europe, but those are covered by monstrous fees.
$155 or so in fees+taxes in addition to the $33 fare is not monstrous in your book?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by javabean
Why airlines, banks and other corporations can make mistakes and get away with it, but I can't, if I made a mistake they would hold me responsible even if there was an insignificant (to them) account of money at stack which is significant to me
Well, parity in cancellation rights should exist.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:30 am

UPS just dropped off two tickets (for myself and my girlfriend)....

Edit: These are cheaptickets.com tickets, one of which is now down to the sole CO segment on CT.com and the other is in "good standing"...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:31 am

I figured at this point, there was little to lose, so I innocently emailed Orbitz:

To: Orbitz
Re: Orbitz PNR: xxxxxxx
The international segments of this confirmed,
ticketed, and paid-for itinerary are mysteriously missing when viewed
online. Please restore them per the confirmation email I received
yesterd titled "Travel Document - Larnaca 7/22/06". Also, it's been
24 hours now, and I still haven't recevied a tracking number for the
tickets, so please provide that in your response. Thanks.

To: AndrewC75
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Orbitz.

From your e-mail, I understand that you are referring to the flight
reservation titled 'Toronto 7/25/06'.

Please note, this reservation has been canceled. I suggest that you
contact Orbitz Customer Service at 1-888-656-4546 or 1-312-416-0018 (if
calling from outside US) for further assistance.

We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the
future.

Sincerely,

Nicholas
OrbitzTLC
www.Orbitz.com

Orbitz - The faster, easier way to find the trip you want.

So basically, don't bother.

Edited to add: I received 3 similar emails for my three other reservations.

Last edited by AndrewC75; Apr 6, 2006 at 9:33 am Reason: Att'l info
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spiff
Whether AZ likes it or not, AZ must follow the rules of the fare, just as the consumer must.

The rules say that date changes are penalty-free. AZ doesn't get to choose whether or not it will do so. If there is D class inventory availability, AZ must do so or AZ has breached the contract that exists between the passenger and AZ.
^^

.... and AZ would be making a mistake to think it can simply eliminate the D-inventory outright. They'd be locking out customers paying the non-"promotional" fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.