Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:06 am

Any dates? I´m panicking.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:06 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
Rosj, I have to say, you have certainly contributed a lot to FT in your short amount of time here.

Thank you so much!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iloveipods
Correct. As I know first hand from the SK tix and as mentioned above about the India tickets, date changes are fine (independently for each segment is allowed), but no re-routing.
If the tickets have AZ ticket numbers, it'll certainly help our situation. The only thing that causes me concern (like with the other LCA-PDX/Sacramento fares on NW/KL) is that there is a codeshare involved .... which may give AZ incentive to try to play NW-type games. I'm hoping that's not the case.

I do know from my AZ DEL-LON biz tickets on the cheap that my success with date changes were due to Alitalia staff .... while Expedia just wanted to reprice everything.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:08 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
Correct. As I know first hand from the SK tix and as mentioned above about the India tickets, date changes are fine (independently for each segment is allowed), but no re-routing.

This explains it so clearly for me. Way to go iloveipods

Thanks all
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rcs85551
Had that done at the airport without any problem. Agent said I got a good fare, but since the ticket did not carry any restrictions - it only took 2 minutes to have the segments rebooked on another dates, and I left with the sticker.

Actually, if you do know how to ask at the airport, you'll get what you want/need way easier than over the phone with some ****head who calls his supervisor and messes around with the PNR while you can't watch
ROTFLOL ^^ I know what you are saying.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:10 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
The Fare Rules and Routing Rules

From Expertflyer.com:

Fare Rules

FARE BASIS CODE
DRTCA9

BK CODE
D -

PENALTY
CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR CANCEL/NO-SHOW/REFUND. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.

SEASONS
NO SEASON RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

BLACKOUTS
NO BLACKOUT RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

FLT APPL
NO FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

STOPOVERS
UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED. A STOPOVER OCCURS WHEN THE PASSENGER DOES NOT DEPART AN INTERMEDIATE POINT WITHIN 24 HOURS.

TICKET RESTRICTIONS
TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED: BY PTA AND SATISFIES TICKETING REQUIREMENTS NOTE: EXTENSION OF TICKET VALIDITY FOR MEDICAL REASONS IS NOT PERMITTED UNDER GUIDELINES STATED IN RULE 65/D/. ---- IN E-TICKET ELIGIBLE MARKETS A SERVICE CHARGE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR THE ISSUANCE OF PAPER TICKETS.

DISCOUNTS
100 PCT OF THE ADT FARE IS CHARGED FOR A UNN PSGR 5 THRU 13 YRS OF AGE. PSGR MAY BE UNACCOMPANIED. - - - - 67 PCT OF THE ADT FARE IS CHARGED FOR A CNN PSGR 2 THRU 11 YRS OF AGE. CNN PSGR MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL SGMTS BY AN ADT PSGR TRAVELING IN THE SAME COMPARTMENT. - - - - 10 PCT OF THE ADT FARE IS CHARGED FOR AN INF PSGR UNDER 2 YRS OF AGE NOT OCCUPYING A SEAT. INF PSGR MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL SGMTS BY AN ADT PSGR TRAVELING IN THE SAME COMPARTMENT. *** NOTE - UNACCOMPANIED MINORS UNDER 5 YEARS OF AGE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY CARRIER. TOUR CONDUCTOR/ SALES AGENT AND OTHER DISCOUNTS DO NOT APPLY.

REROUTE
SEE PENALTY.

TRANSFERS
8 TRANSFERS PERMITTED, 4 IN EACH DIRECTION. -1 AT DEPARTURE FROM AND/OR ARRIVAL AT GATEWAY IN NORTH AMERICA. -1 ONLINE IN EACH DIRECTION IN NORTH AMERICA. -2 ONLINE IN EACH DIRECTION IN AREA 2-EUROPE, AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST/AREA 3-ASIA AND SOUTHWEST PACIFIC.

COMBINATIONS
CARRIER / RULE / FARE CIRCLE OPEN ROUND BASIS TRIP JAW TRIP SAME / SAME / SAME C C C SAME / SAME / DIFF C C C SAME / DIFF / SAME C C C SAME / DIFF / DIFF C C C DIFF / SAME / SAME N N N DIFF / SAME / DIFF N N N DIFF / DIFF / SAME N N N DIFF / DIFF / DIFF N N N Y / PERMITTED N / NOT PERMITTED - / DOES NOT APPLY C / SEE TEXT FOR CONDITIONS CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ROUND TRIP/CIRCLE TRIP/SINGLE OPEN JAW - -TRAVEL MUST BE ENTIRELY VIA AZ OR AS PERMITTED IN THE ROUTING. -MAY BE COMBINED WITH ANY ONE WAY/ROUND TRIP FARE GOVERNED BY ANY RULE IN ANY TARIFF PROVIDED TRAVEL WITHIN CANADA IS VIA AC. -MAY BE COMBINED WITH ANY ONE WAY/ROUND TRIP FARE GOVERNED BY ANY RULE IN IPRA VIA AZ. -MAY BE COMBINED WITH ANY ONE WAY/ROUND TRIP FARE GOVERNED BY ANY RULE IN IPRA VIA AZ. FURTHER RESTRICTIONS -MAY BE COMBINED WITH ANY ONE WAY/ROUND TRIP FARE OF THE SAME FARE TYPE GOVERNED BY ANY RULE IN IPRAI VIA AZ. -MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS APPLY. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS APPLY ROUND TRIP - -PERMITTED. -MAY NOT BE USED IN AROUND THE WORLD FARE CONSTRUCTION. CIRCLE TRIP - -PERMITTED. -MAY NOT BE USED IN AROUND THE WORLD FARE CONSTRUCTION. OPEN JAW - -SINGLE OPEN JAW PERMITTED AT EITHER ORIGIN OR DESTINATION. NOTE: WHERE RULE CONDITIONS DIFFER THE MORE RESTRICTIVE WILL APPLY TO THE ENTIRE JOURNEY. END-ON-END - -PERMITTED WITH ALL FARES. -CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL FARE COMPONENTS OF THE JOURNEY. -TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE FARE COMBINATION POINT.

OPEN RTN
NOT ALLOWED.

REFUNDS
SEE PENALTY.

CO-TERMINALS
NOT APPLICABLE.

INTL CONST
MAY BE COMBINED WITH APPLICABLE ARBITRARIES.

MISC
NOTE - RESERVATIONS FOR THE ENTIRE JOURNEY MUST BE CONFIRMED IN ONE TRANSACTION AT ANY TIME PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT OF TRAVEL. NOTE - TICKETS MUST SHOW BY THE USE OF AN INSERT OR STICKER THAT TRAVEL IS AT A SPECIAL FARE AND SUBJECT TO SPECIAL CONDITIONS. THIS FARE MAY NOT BE USED TO CALCULATE A DIFFERENTIAL.

FARE BASIS CODE
DRTCA9

QTE F/B BK FARE EFF EXP TKT AP MIN/MAX RTG
1 - DRTCA9 D R 33.00 20MY - - - -/ - AT01

*** USE OF YY NLX TYPE FARES YTO-LCA NOT PERMITTED ON AZ ***

AT01 /VIA THE ATLANTIC/
YTO-ROM-MIL-LCA
YTO-MIL/ROM-LCA
YTO-MIL-ROM-LCA
YTO-YY-BOS/CHI/NYC/WAS-ROM-MIL-LCA
YTO-YY-BOS/CHI/NYC/WAS-MIL/ROM-LCA
YTO-YY-BOS/CHI/NYC/WAS-MIL-ROM-LCA
YY MEANS TRAVEL VIA ANY CARRIER
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:11 am
Suspended

This will net at least 28,000 frequent flyer miles for me per ticket with more than half of that being elite-qualifying miles.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:12 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Luckily i have a transcon to fly later today so I'll get to nap this fatigue off!
We found 3 sets of tickets for the next year
for those still looking, try Mon/Fri in Nov, Jan and Feb, there is still availability. I also found 8/12 - 15 a few minutes ago and it has an option with a 777 returning into EWR.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:14 am
Suspended

thank you Rosj, i finally managed to get a flight

the problem for me is now only: how can i get cheaply from europe to yyz?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
This will net at least 28,000 frequent flyer miles for me per ticket with more than half of that being elite-qualifying miles.
Guess you get bonuses being one of their high-grossing elite members

Rosj -- Thanks for posting. So many contributions in just one month!

Spiff, thanks for the rules.

To all a good night!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:20 am
Suspended

Guess you get bonuses being one of their high-grossing elite members

Rosj -- Thanks for posting. So many contributions in just one month!

Spiff, thanks for the rules.

To all a good night!
That reminds me I need to credit those flights to an Alitalia corporate loyalty program too. [I only got 5 for myself this time , although I am trying for two more. And I will now be returning some of those NW LCA-PDX/Sacramento fares I bought last year too.]

Good night iloveipods.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:20 am

No e-tickets for me. Is that really the case?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
No e-tickets for me. Is that really the case?
No e-tickets for anyone
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Just snagged tickets for 8 Jan ex YYZ, returning 12 Jan.

Could only make booking via expedia.co.uk so will wait and see. However, my SK PEK and PVG flights went OKin the end. Looking forward.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:22 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Travel Man
thank you Rosj, i finally managed to get a flight

the problem for me is now only: how can i get cheaply from europe to yyz?
Interesting problem. I used this deal to get me to LCA to start my ticket from last year's error fare from NW from LCA to ANC...

Getting to YYZ: since it's during the summer, looks like I will use FF miles to get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.