Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:51 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
Originally Posted by TelevisionTdTina
Let me see, if I got it.. cause... I pretty green at this.

Talk to airline after ticketed. They don't know what we paid, just that the fare class needs to be "D inventory". Is that a "special" business class? Another words, would D be hard to get in the future? I know all airlines don't always denote the same fare classes.

The re-issue would be by AZ, with no fees?

Sean mentioned "good for a year".... so if my dates of vacation availabilty changed, Do I have a year from booked or from orginal travel date?

Thanks for helping.

I'm interested in future D availability also.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:53 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
aug 12-15
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
July 6-13
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:55 am

Programs: UA slave, DL hostage, HGP tool, HH captive, SPG reject
booked another pair of tickets oct 16-22.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
A "reissue" triggers a reprice. Yes, the airline can definitely see how much you paid, but they have to actively want to look at that. To change dates they check the fare rules, and see that there are no change fees and it books into D inventory. You are then able to change to flights that have D inventory.

Reroutes are usually not allowed and trigger a reprice.

Originally Posted by TelevisionTdTina
Let me see, if I got it.. cause... I pretty green at this.

Talk to airline after ticketed. They don't know what we paid, just that the fare class needs to be "D inventory". Is that a "special" business class? Another words, would D be hard to get in the future? I know all airlines don't always denote the same fare classes.

The re-issue would be by AZ, with no fees?

Sean mentioned "good for a year".... so if my dates of vacation availabilty changed, Do I have a year from booked or from orginal travel date?

Thanks for helping.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:58 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
Originally Posted by iloveipods
A "reissue" triggers a reprice. Yes, the airline can definitely see how much you paid, but they have to actively want to look at that. To change dates they check the fare rules, and see that there are no change fees and it books into D inventory. You are then able to change to flights that have D inventory.

So if I try to change dates and extend a stopover in MXP (not rerouting) and maintain in D inventory I should be fine?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:59 am

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Thank You ROSJ!!!

Thanks for letting us know about this fare. Able to book a month in August. 2:58am and I think it is time for sleep. Thanks once again
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:59 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
On the last AZ error fare to/from India, this was the case.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:00 am
Suspended

I agree. No re-route. But a change of a date in the same class shall be ok since it is business class. Am I wrong?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold

Thank you. That helps. Especially, the reroute part. The change would probably have involved a reroute, however, it would have then been on the non-stop flights on AZ, and no other carrier. If not the non-stops, then at least on my preferred carrier, AA for part of the trip and that 777 out of JFK. Actually, Cheaptickets has that available at a slightly lower cost, right now.

How might I find the D inventory availability. I think it was mentioned in another post....I have to go back for it.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by Travel Man
I agree. No re-route. But a change of a date in the same class shall be ok since it is business class. Am I wrong?
Correct. As I know first hand from the SK tix and as mentioned above about the India tickets, date changes are fine (independently for each segment is allowed), but no re-routing.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rcs85551
On the last AZ error fare to/from India, this was the case.
But those were mostly all electronic tickets. This should be issued on AZ ticket stock, but a paper ticket needs to be physically revalidated/stickered for the date changes, right?

I have my angels at AZ .... or maybe that's because AZ thinks I am a CIP ... which is one of the funniest things on the planet.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:03 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
ROSJ- thank you for choosing to share your find with the FT crowd! Hopefully, you booked all of your desired travel n this fare BEFORE you opened it up the the FT hoards!!!!!!!!

FourWheels- thank you for helping me find date avails and for taking the effort to assist with some bookings!!!!

other FTers- thank you for ramping up about D inventory, change fee, date change, re-route policies.

Well, 4 of these puppies should do it for me!!!

Signing out and good luck all.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
rosj, thank you from me and my friends too. ^^
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:05 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
But those were mostly all electronic tickets. This should be issued on AZ ticket stock, but a paper ticket needs to be physically revalidated/stickered for the date changes, right?

I have my angels at AZ .... or maybe that's because AZ thinks I am a CIP ... which is one of the funniest things on the planet.
Had that done at the airport without any problem. Agent said I got a good fare, but since the ticket did not carry any restrictions - it only took 2 minutes to have the segments rebooked on another dates, and I left with the sticker.

Actually, if you do know how to ask at the airport, you'll get what you want/need way easier than over the phone with some ****head who calls his supervisor and messes around with the PNR while you can't watch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.