Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by anabolism
In the past, when an initial leg was cancelled, AA had to update my ticket to start from the next point. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable ignoring the issue and just showing up. I'd call back and try and get AA to start in MAD (or BCN or similar). The links upthread to AA's policy on using an alternative airport within 300 miles should help

What do you mean by "it says the fare is"? Do you mean when you look at your itinerary on aa.com, or when you put in your eticket number on the receipts section of aa.com, or do you mean when you check what the current fare is for a new ticket?

You only get credit for the base fare and carrier-imposed fees shown in your ticket. Note that AA likes to lump taxes and carrier-imposed fees together when they show what a fare is or what you paid, but internally they are treated quite differently.
On the email confirmation I received it says:

Ticket # XXXXXXXX [$2965.00 +Taxes and fees $312.05]
Total: $3,277.05

Total cost (all passengers) $650.05

I was trying to post a picture but it will not let me upload it.

Last edited by cedejah; Dec 7, 2021 at 12:08 pm Reason: email confirm
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cedejah

Be aware of some inconsistencies. My last actual receipt clearly showed ~36.000 EUR while it actually was different currency.
fridgy likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

It mistakenly uses a dollar sign for non-USD currency. The 2,965; 312.05; and 3,277.05 are probably in Moroccan Dirham. (I tried to pull up the historic fare in EF, so I could see the native currency, but EF isn't showing it, even with a ticketing date of when I bought mine.)

Last edited by anabolism; Dec 7, 2021 at 8:14 pm
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal

Originally Posted by anabolism
It mistakenly uses a dollar sign for non-USD currency. The 2,965; 312.05; and 3,277.05 are probably in Moroccan Dirham. (I tried to pull up the historic fare in EF, so I could see the native currency, but EF isn't showing it, even with a ticketing date of when I bought mine.)
anabolism is correct. The oneway F fare was filed in dirham. Your base fare is slightly higher than the filed base fare due to MPM. Yours is exactly 5% more since you exceed the base MPM.
Code:

Maximum Permitted Mileage

CMNMIA-AA 17MAY22 TICKETED POINT SURCHARGES APPLY. GI M 5M 10M 15M 20M 25M MPM AT 5175 5433 5692 5951 6210 6468
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 F1NFFMN5 F‡X 322.00 T12SE -/‡ -/ - AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-CAS TO-MIA CXR-AA TVL-18JUN22 RULE-A201 IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-F1NFFMN5 NORMAL FARE DIS-N VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-FU OW-FIRST CLASS UNRESTRICTED
MAD 2821 MPM E19MAR21 D-INFINITY FC-F1NFFMN5 FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 18MAR21/1714 EXPIRES 12SEP21/0513

PUBLISHED RTG CMN-MIA/AA EF-19MAR21 DIS-12SEP21

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 5175
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 550 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA CHI AND/OR MIA AND/OR RDU AND/OR
CLT
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DFW
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA CHI AND/OR RDU AND/OR MIA AND/OR
CLT
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 700 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA SUB AREA 21
TICKETED POINT DEDUCTION OF 2500 MILES APPLIES
WHEN TRAVEL IS VIA DOH
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I tried asking via Twitter DM for help rebooking (or what was possible) for 21 DEC / 12 DEC, and got "nothing is wrong in Morocco" followed by:

Thanks for sending that info! Since those measures were so abruptly implemented, your flights still show as "operating." Our system will only legitimately recognize your requested change as involuntary should the flights return a canceled status. So, we must wait until that happens (if it happens) before making any changes, or the fare difference will be applicable. Also, since your return ticket was purchased in Moroccan Dirhams, your return can only be from Morocco and not from another European country since their base fares are published in a different currency (EUR, etc). This is another reason we must wait. The time it takes for confirmation on whether your flights are canceled or not will allow the relevant team the time it needs to look at these situations and arrive at suitable resolutions for (origin) ticket changes. So, we kindly ask that you hold a little longer until we get definitive feedback on your flights status'.
I'll hold on until 18-19 DEC when I'd begin my trip. I'm pretty flexible, and think Omicron is hopefully less serious than initial actions, but will see.

(Incidentally the IB/BA flights have been very slow to post to AS; my number was included, and I flew 25-26 NOV, but still nothing in my account. I'll give them until 13 DEC and then bug Alaska. I'm also waiting on an old FI credit from August, and have an AA Business booked for SJU-PHL-LAS on Saturday, but also about 6k miles short of AS MVPG75K so I really need at least one of them to requal.)
our_kid likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: BA G, SQ G,UA S, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I booked through Priceline, and the trip is in March.
CMN-MAD initially was updated with a schedule change over the weekend and then dropped from AA App on Monday. I checked with IB website, and it is dropped as well.
Priceline has not been updated.
Do I need to call Priceline? I don't mind a MAD start.
I am flexible with the trip but OCDish with trip planning. No experience with Priceline booking in the past. Covid is driving me crazy.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by jeffreier
Do I need to call Priceline?
They're your point of contact, since you're their customer and they act as the issuing travel agent (OTA) for your ticketed itinerary. AA can also overtake the booking for a surcharge, would issues arise with Priceline.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by jeffreier
I booked through Priceline, and the trip is in March.
CMN-MAD initially was updated with a schedule change over the weekend and then dropped from AA App on Monday. I checked with IB website, and it is dropped as well.
Priceline has not been updated.
Do I need to call Priceline? I don't mind a MAD start.
I am flexible with the trip but OCDish with trip planning. No experience with Priceline booking in the past. Covid is driving me crazy.
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
They're your point of contact, since you're their customer and they act as the issuing travel agent (OTA) for your ticketed itinerary. AA can also overtake the booking for a surcharge, would issues arise with Priceline.
I would disagree especially if you have any AA status. Give AA a call first if you have a leg that was dropped. Worst case they say to call Priceline, but as others have noted AA has been able to help even with OTA purchased tickets.
Global321 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
AA called me to reticket on the basis of Morocco flight being cancelled. They were looking for alternate flights into Morocco.

I suggested either FCO or terminating in MAD. They brought up the 300 mile rule. I expressed extreme flexibility on destination within Europe (although sigh, Covid stuff is going to be pretty obnoxious there...)

I was on hold for 45m. The phone person came to the conclusion that they needed to apply the 300 mile rule within the country (morocco), but all flights cancelled, so I'll just travel sometime later in validity for the ticket (up to September 2022). Works slightly better for me (as I live in Puerto Rico, and 21 DEC - 12 JAN is a crazy time to LEAVE Puerto Rico for Morocco...). She verbally confirmed that changing the one-way CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA for 12 JAN wouldn't be a problem either.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
AA called me to reticket on the basis of Morocco flight being cancelled. They were looking for alternate flights into Morocco.

I suggested either FCO or terminating in MAD. They brought up the 300 mile rule. I expressed extreme flexibility on destination within Europe (although sigh, Covid stuff is going to be pretty obnoxious there...)

I was on hold for 45m. The phone person came to the conclusion that they needed to apply the 300 mile rule within the country (morocco), but all flights cancelled, so I'll just travel sometime later in validity for the ticket (up to September 2022). Works slightly better for me (as I live in Puerto Rico, and 21 DEC - 12 JAN is a crazy time to LEAVE Puerto Rico for Morocco...). She verbally confirmed that changing the one-way CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA for 12 JAN wouldn't be a problem either.
What dates were you originally intending to travel when the flights were cancelled? I see flights daily to CMN.

Is the one way ex CMN still intact or it also has schedule changes?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:33 pm

Return leg is 23 DEC 8567 air nostrum. All pax flights closed to Morocco until 31 dec. The one way is intact as of right now on 12 Jan but lol
There are pax flights out of Morocco now (limited), but no pax on flights into Morocco. The 21-23 dec flight is the return/inbound leg of a roundtrip where I flew cmn-mad-LHr-Mia back on thanksgiving.

Last edited by rdlmitedu; Dec 14, 2021 at 5:50 pm
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Return leg is 23 DEC 8567 air nostrum. All pax flights closed to Morocco until 31 dec. The one way is intact as of right now on 12 Jan but lol
There are pax flights out of Morocco now (limited), but no pax on flights into Morocco. The 21-23 dec flight is the return/inbound leg of a roundtrip where I flew cmn-mad-LHr-Mia back on thanksgiving.
Thanks. I was looking at CMN-MAD and saw the RAM flights so assumed they were still running both ways. I have a flight in early Jan (ex-CMN) that's still intact too... but I'm hoping it's cancelled and I can start in MAD/GIB.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:27 pm

I suppose I could have HUACA to try to get the 300 mile limit/single country part waived (especially on the inbound leg of a flight; conceivably I could live in CMN and stranding me in MIA would be a hardship...)

I will probably call again because I'm uncomfortable just not flying the tickets without having clear documentation, ideally in writing directly from AA, that I'll be allowed to reschedule both flights under the issuing-time fare rules until a year after initial purchase.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:30 pm

I am confused here. Does this translate to "we f---'d you"? Or do I get to rebook with the fare which was in effect at the time? I don't understand how flight credit works.

We can see that the MAD-CMN segment was canceled. You'll need to cancel the entire itinerary online: http://bit.ly/AAcom so you can get the Flight Credit to use for future travel.

5:09 PM
I don't want the original price of the ticket as flight credit; I want to reschedule given the fare rule in place at time of booking, for different dates.
(and it also cannot be changed online)
5:22 PM
Here you go! We've canceled both itineraries giving you until Nov 26, 2022, to complete travel with reservation XXXXXX as it was partially used. You'll have until Sept 10, 2022, to begin travel using the Flight Credit from XXXXXX as that ticket is completely unused.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:34 pm

I am confused here. Does this translate to "we f---'d you"? Or do I get to rebook with the fare which was in effect at the time? I don't understand how flight credit works.
Was this for the return journey to CMN?

Flight credit is just a cash amount to use against a future booking. It doesn’t give you any ability to rebook using historic fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.