Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Which number did u call to get this approved?
My Jan 14th flight was canceled cmn mad

Marokko so far has not extended the ban or am I missing something?

There are just fewer flights.

I am. Afraid that they put a note down, once u try changing something and when you call again a different agent he knows that you tried before. Happened to me very frustrated with a different situation.
So bummed here.
Morocco has extended the ban to at least 1/31/22.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Morocco has extended the ban to at least 1/31/22.
can you please share a source?.. I only see direct flights to the UK supspended ... the general ban so far ends Dec 31st from what I see ?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
can you please share a source?.. I only see direct flights to the UK supspended ... the general ban so far ends Dec 31st from what I see ?
A quick Google news search will give you plenty of sources - also see #478:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33843863-post478.html
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:44 am

A quick Google news search will give you plenty of sources - also see #478:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33843863-post478.html
thank you - my google was stuck I guess :-)

oh my.. now how to get the 300msl to work to AGP ??
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:46 am

thank you - my google was stuck I guess :-)

oh my.. now how to get the 300msl to work to AGP ??
I think you're probably better off just trying to start from MAD.

AGP may be 300mi from CMN, but AGP is in Spain and CMN is in Morocco, so they don't fall under the "alternative departure point within 300mi and in the same country" rule. You might get someone to rebook you - if you're lucky - but it seems easier to position to MAD vs. AGP.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:52 am

I think you're probably better off just trying to start from MAD.

AGP may be 300mi from CMN, but AGP is in Spain and CMN is in Morocco, so they don't fall under the "alternative departure point within 300mi and in the same country" rule. You might get someone to rebook you - if you're lucky - but it seems easier to position to MAD vs. AGP.
thanks Coleslaw... but how..? haha. its another country, as well--

I just called the German hotline this am.. and the spoke to revenue management.. and dinied anything cuz "its a cheap ticket"..

So to start in MAD is repositioning as well.. even though they just canceled the leg.

I will try to call AA in the US again in the new year.. Im just afraid they already "flagged" the ticket
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:02 am

thanks Coleslaw... but how..? haha. its another country, as well--

I just called the German hotline this am.. and the spoke to revenue management.. and dinied anything cuz "its a cheap ticket"..

So to start in MAD is repositioning as well.. even though they just canceled the leg.

I will try to call AA in the US again in the new year.. Im just afraid they already "flagged" the ticket
Oh, I'm not saying it'll be any easier to leave from MAD. Just that if you're going to try to "bend the rules" then you may as well make it easier for them by keeping the same routing rather than adding a whole new city into the mix. I would think the chances of success are low either way.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Alaska MP, Hyatt, AA
I called 800.848.4653, the AAdvantage Gold number I think, to get CMN-MAD dropped from my itinerary after it was cancelled.
Vasco Pridat likes this.

Last edited by attachecd; Dec 28, 2021 at 7:41 am Reason: I hit send accidentally and need to add info
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by attachecd
I called 800.848.4653, the AAdvantage Gold number I think, to get CMN-MAD dropped from my itinerary after it was cancelled.
And they did it without issue?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:26 am

awesome.. were people succesfull with moving to a later date in like sep or oct?.. I was already told they wouldnt do it.. cheap fare blabla ??
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Alaska MP, Hyatt, AA
And they did it without issue?
The agent put me on hold to get supervisor approval, which didn't take long. The agent said it was an easier approval because MAD was already part of the itinerary.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:42 am

Careful... QR flights are still running.

Morocco have put restrictions in place for flights carrying passengers into Morocco. Some flights (including QR to/from DOH) are still running. If you rebook on QR chances are you'll be in an even bigger mess since you won't be allowed to board a flight to Morocco to catch CMN-DOH which will likely still be flying as scheduled.
according to the US Embassy in Morocco all passenger flights in and out have been canceled:
https://ma.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

I suppose in theory, if it were to take off, I could fly to Gibraltar, ferry to Tangier, and then drive to Casablanca to catch the flight. Americans are not banned from Morocco-there’s just no flights….
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by tekken1010
according to the US Embassy in Morocco all passenger flights in and out have been canceled:
https://ma.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
It then goes on to list (some of) the exceptions...

The reality is that QR are still flying to and from CMN (even today). They've been selling tickets for the last few weeks at least and continue to sell tickets for January. I would be surprised if they cancel their flights.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
awesome.. were people succesfull with moving to a later date in like sep or oct?.. I was already told they wouldnt do it.. cheap fare blabla ??
The cost of the ticket has no bearing on the fare rules and the AA COCs. Just because it was on sale doesn’t mean they have to treat you any different. Call again.
Global321 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
The cost of the ticket has no bearing on the fare rules and the AA COCs. Just because it was on sale doesn’t mean they have to treat you any different. Call again.
The rules get applied very inconsistently. The amount of HUCA needed is crazy.

Oh for a world where passengers can actually self service online.
HarbourGent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.