Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Old Dec 26, 21, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sgan317 View Post
If Priceline is useless because you cant get a human, you can book a cheap intra europe TAP ticket through priceline departing in next 14 days w/ free 24 hour cancelation, at least it will get you through their phone system to a human, and then remember to cancel it. If Priceline is useless because they are absolutely trash at any changes, cant help that.
It's usually the latter.
Old Dec 26, 21, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317 View Post
If Priceline is useless because you cant get a human, you can book a cheap intra europe TAP ticket through priceline departing in next 14 days w/ free 24 hour cancelation, at least it will get you through their phone system to a human, and then remember to cancel it. If Priceline is useless because they are absolutely trash at any changes, cant help that.
I can get on the phone with Priceline (after a 4 hour hold). My current issue is neither priceline, AA nor Iberia are willing to do ANYTHING to my ticket until Iberia officially cancels the CMN-MAD flight in their end. Im growing worried that they will wait until the last minute to do that
Old Dec 26, 21, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, OW Sapphire,Aeroplan Silver, VS Silver, ITA Gold
Originally Posted by tekken1010 View Post
called AA who said they cant touch the ticket because I booked through priceline
call again, try AA Israel, I called them like 5x times and they didnt care where I booked my ticket.
Old Dec 27, 21, 2:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Alaska MP, Hyatt, AA
Flying this now, with MAD-LHR yesterday, LHR-JFK-MIA today.

After CMN-MAD was canceled, AA was quick to agree to let me start my itinerary in MAD, which worked well for me.

I booked a COVID antigen test in advance at MAD scheduled for about 4 hours before the flight. (for UK and U.S. entry.) There was a huge line of seemingly frustrated walk-up customers, so I was happy to have a testing appointment. The testing center is outside security. Antigen results were quick. There were not many english speakers working at the testing center.

Stayed at the Hyatt Place LHR last night. I walked the 37 min Google maps indicated, mostly to impress my wife that I was being COVID careful. That was a mistake. Had to ignore a few no pedestrian signs, which was preferable to walking backwards 20 min to T5. The sidewalk ended and it got a little muddy. The hotel mgr. said it was quite unsafe and he'd never heard of anyone walking before. Strange, since it's a 37 min walk, mapped by Google. Anyway, ignore google and pay the 20 pound taxi fare. Not a great Hyatt Place, btw, although the breakfast was good, with eggs and omelettes on order.

Last thing, I was surprised to be rejected at the Concord Room. Didn't research beforehand though. Any insight?
Old Dec 27, 21, 3:09 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by attachecd View Post

After CMN-MAD was canceled, AA was quick to agree to let me start my itinerary in MAD, which worked well for me.

I booked a COVID antigen test in advance at MAD scheduled for about 4 hours before the flight. (for UK and U.S. entry.) There was a huge line of seemingly frustrated walk-up customers, so I was happy to have a testing appointment. The testing center is outside security. Antigen results were quick. There were not many english speakers working at the testing center.

Stayed at the Hyatt Place LHR last night. I walked the 37 min Google maps indicated, mostly to impress my wife that I was being COVID careful. That was a mistake. Had to ignore a few no pedestrian signs, which was preferable to walking backwards 20 min to T5. The sidewalk ended and it got a little muddy. The hotel mgr. said it was quite unsafe and he'd never heard of anyone walking before. Strange, since it's a 37 min walk, mapped by Google. Anyway, ignore google and pay the 20 pound taxi fare. Not a great Hyatt Place, btw, although the breakfast was good, with eggs and omelettes on order.

Last thing, I was surprised to be rejected at the Concord Room. Didn't research beforehand though. Any insight?
Rejected on what grounds?
Old Dec 27, 21, 3:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Alaska MP, Hyatt, AA
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Rejected on what grounds?
not flying BA F, and not AA concierge Key
Old Dec 27, 21, 3:39 am

not flying BA F, and not AA concierge Key
Flying F LHR JFK from T5 on AA should give you access

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR

I would have pushed back. If they continued to refuse you then its worth sending a complaint to AA and BA.
fridgy and attachecd like this.
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by fridgy View Post
call again, try AA Israel, I called them like 5x times and they didnt care where I booked my ticket.
I too was assisted by AA in the US without issue despite booking through a bricks and mortar TA. This was for correcting the misconnect in MAD. I asked to (a) change destination to MIA and (b) move to an AA-code TAtl but was politely told no (after some investigation) as 'AA does not currently have a CMN...MIA fare' and the TAtl flight was not impacted by the schedule change.

Do you have a link to the testing service?
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by danger View Post
Do you have a link to the testing service?
Their website isn't very appealing - but it's here:

https://travelcovidtestcenter.com/madrid-booking/

If you are still in the US then I would highly recommend picking up some at home testing kits from eMed or Optum and use those. They work out only slightly cheaper than in person antigen tests, but they save a huge amount of hassle/waiting/wasted time since you can test at your convenience (both in terms of timing and location).
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by danger View Post
I too was assisted by AA in the US without issue despite booking through a bricks and mortar TA. This was for correcting the misconnect in MAD. I asked to (a) change destination to MIA and (b) move to an AA-code TAtl but was politely told no (after some investigation) as 'AA does not currently have a CMN...MIA fare' and the TAtl flight was not impacted by the schedule change.
If you're changing to an earlier/later flight on the same date then they will be reluctant to touch other segments. If you change the date of travel then they'll be open to whatever (reasonable) routing you feed them and will use AA codes.

Out of curiosity, why would you want an AA code? Usually I would actively avoid an AA code since you're nearly always better off accruing on non-AA codes.
Old Dec 27, 21, 8:58 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Out of curiosity, why would you want an AA code? Usually I would actively avoid an AA code since you're nearly always better off accruing on non-AA codes.
In other situations where a BA or other flight was cancelled, I've asked for AA codes because in my experience it's much easier for AA agents to rebook on AA codes when the flight cancellation or schedule change occurs more than 72 hours before departure. I'd earn a lot more if I could be put on non-AA codes, but I'd rather get the flights I want.
Old Dec 27, 21, 9:12 am

this is great info! Thank you! Based on your experience it sounds like AA will let me start my journey in Madrid. I just need to wait until Iberia FINALLY cancels the CMN - MAD route for January. I checked today and even the Jan 1 flights for this route havent been canceled despite Moroccos flight ban! Ridiculous
Old Dec 27, 21, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by tekken1010 View Post
this is great info! Thank you! Based on your experience it sounds like AA will let me start my journey in Madrid. I just need to wait until Iberia FINALLY cancels the CMN - MAD route for January. I checked today and even the Jan 1 flights for this route havent been canceled despite Moroccos flight ban! Ridiculous
I think it's still a YMMV situation if you want to drop the CMN-MAD segment and still travel on your original dates (/before Morocco reopens to tourists/passenger flights). Most agents will just say they can't rebook to a departure city outside of Morocco, even if it's a city that you're already ticketed to connect in. They'll push for cancel/refund. It may take a few attempts to find one who will be flexible.
our_kid likes this.
Old Dec 27, 21, 11:14 am

Looks like IB have begun canceling MAD CMN for January now. First week of Jan are all gone.
Old Dec 27, 21, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by fridgy View Post
Do you use Google voice for that or just call them straight up? My flight in January cancelled from CMN-MAD (just got the email from IB finally!) so just wanting to see my options.

I think I read somewhere on the UK LHR website that you can stay at a hotel during your long layover and write down the reason as "Transiting", is that what you did? I have an overnight layover, assuming I can just cut out the CMN-MAD segment and still fly MAD-LHR (overnight) then LHR-MIA.

Search this Thread