Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Old Dec 6, 21, 12:17 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by zbeebo View Post
I just checked my reservation and both CMN legs are no longer showing. Not sure if i should just let it be or call AA
Call. Even if you don't want the CMN legs you'll need to get it reticketed.
Old Dec 6, 21, 12:19 pm

What months are the CMN legs getting dropped? Mine is for June and it only had a small shift in schedule.
Old Dec 6, 21, 12:36 pm

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
March
Old Dec 6, 21, 12:37 pm

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
What months are the CMN legs getting dropped? Mine is for June and it only had a small shift in schedule.
March
Old Dec 6, 21, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Skunker also April - seems the CAS-MIA fare has been butchered by AA too so very very limited rebooking options
Old Dec 6, 21, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by our_kid View Post
Skunker also April - seems the CAS-MIA fare has been butchered by AA too so very very limited rebooking options
And December and January.
Old Dec 6, 21, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
And December and January.
Cancelled my ticket. Gave up with getting cut off by AA. Good luck to others.
Old Dec 6, 21, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Butchered how?
Old Dec 6, 21, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Silver, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,Sixt Platinum
Actually you know what, I'm glad that Iberia was a bit noob to indicate a regional -> mainline change as a cancellation and reloading the mainline flight as a separate new flight which allowed more people to rebook for free. In the Winter 2021-22 schedule Monday, Wednesday, Friday flights are now operated by Airbus A320's rather than CRJ's so the frequency should remain the same.

For the Summer 2022 schedule there are no cancellations at all and any changes on this route for April & beyond are only because of misconnections and MCT violations.
Old Dec 6, 21, 6:44 pm

What do you mean? The fare rules in effect at the time of purchase are what matter, not what are the current fare rules.
Old Dec 7, 21, 12:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
What do you mean? The fare rules in effect at the time of purchase are what matter, not what are the current fare rules.
Oh I must have had an Agent who did not know that was the case! I will call later in the week and see what options I’m given.

Quick update - I called AA - very helpful AAgent too . So IB are not allowing any rebooking on any service ex Morocco right now - the Agent confirmed I can start in Spain if that continues to be the case. I'll keep everything as is for now and see where we are in the New Year. Good luck all YMMV as ever
skunker and W213Sal like this.

Last edited by our_kid; Dec 7, 21 at 7:48 am Reason: AAgent Update
Old Dec 7, 21, 9:11 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
I am meant to fly CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA on Dec 14 and the CMN and MAD legs have been cancelled. I just spoke to AA and requested that I start the journey in LHR. At first the agent said the helpdesk said I should cancel the flight and rebook LHR-JFK-MIA but I told him I still want the flight so I dont see why I need to cancel it. So he suggested that I just show up at the airport in London for the flight and I will be able to fly. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also - I paid $650.05 for the flight but it says the fare is $2,965 + Taxes and fees $312.05 = $3,277.05. Will I get credited for the fare that AA has published or just for what I paid? I know a few folks have already flown so hoping they can assist. Im trying to make exec plat and this trip could help me meet the EQD.

Last edited by cedejah; Dec 7, 21 at 9:12 am Reason: EQD
Old Dec 7, 21, 9:23 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cedejah View Post
I am meant to fly CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA on Dec 14 and the CMN and MAD legs have been cancelled. I just spoke to AA and requested that I start the journey in LHR. At first the agent said the helpdesk said I should cancel the flight and rebook LHR-JFK-MIA but I told him I still want the flight so I dont see why I need to cancel it. So he suggested that I just show up at the airport in London for the flight and I will be able to fly. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also - I paid $650.05 for the flight but it says the fare is $2,965 + Taxes and fees $312.05 = $3,277.05. Will I get credited for the fare that AA has published or just for what I paid? I know a few folks have already flown so hoping they can assist. Im trying to make exec plat and this trip could help me meet the EQD.
I wouldnt just show up after skipping the first segment sounds like its just asking for trouble.

Where did you see the $3277.05 number? I had a similar cancellation for my CMN MAD segment next month but the pricing still looks the same as when I originally booked. Did you make any other changes before this?
fridgy likes this.
Old Dec 7, 21, 9:35 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
In the past, when an initial leg was cancelled, AA had to update my ticket to start from the next point. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable ignoring the issue and just showing up. I'd call back and try and get AA to start in MAD (or BCN or similar). The links upthread to AA's policy on using an alternative airport within 300 miles should help

Also - I paid $650.05 for the flight but it says the fare is $2,965 + Taxes and fees $312.05 = $3,277.05.
What do you mean by "it says the fare is"? Do you mean when you look at your itinerary on aa.com, or when you put in your eticket number on the receipts section of aa.com, or do you mean when you check what the current fare is for a new ticket?

Will I get credited for the fare that AA has published or just for what I paid? I know a few folks have already flown so hoping they can assist. Im trying to make exec plat and this trip could help me meet the EQD.
You only get credit for the base fare and carrier-imposed fees shown in your ticket. Note that AA likes to lump taxes and carrier-imposed fees together when they show what a fare is or what you paid, but internally they are treated quite differently.
Old Dec 7, 21, 10:27 am

I'll agree with the others, but point out that you would be the first 2 legs of the ticketed itinerary. Just because the CMN-MAD flight was cancelled doesn't remove it from your ticket. You need to get reticketed before flying and its best to do that well before showing up to the airport.

Search this Thread