Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Datapoint (last one I guess):

Finally changed to last possible day of commencing return. First agent kept insisting on one year validity of ticket since issuance, HUCA, next agent was also slightly clueless and kept quoiting covid extensions, but after confirmation from rate desk proceeded to change the ticket.
Paid ~10 USD in taxes and booking now shows F instead of A class.

I just hung up on an agent who told that she couldn't make the change to my ticket because it was over a year since ticket was issued. She had me On hold with rate desk or someone just to come Back and tell me that they couldn't do it due to being over the 1yr since date of Issuance. She also blurbed something about covid extensions expiring.
The final return for my trip is in January 2023 and I just wanna switch my dates to 5 days earlier. I also noticed that AA dropped F on mia-lhr. So I wanna sure I'm put back in F, somehow.

I'll be trying again this weekend.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
I just hung up on an agent who told that she couldn't make the change to my ticket because it was over a year since ticket was issued. She had me On hold with rate desk or someone just to come Back and tell me that they couldn't do it due to being over the 1yr since date of Issuance. She also blurbed something about covid extensions expiring.
The final return for my trip is in January 2023 and I just wanna switch my dates to 5 days earlier. I also noticed that AA dropped F on mia-lhr. So I wanna sure I'm put back in F, somehow.

I'll be trying again this weekend.
So I've been HUCAing and still no luck. Agents keep referencing the policy below saying that since my ticket was issued between the dates below, I cannot make any changes after Sept 30. Ive mentioned to the agents that even though my issue dates falls within the issue dates below, my original travel dates didn't meet the impacted travel dates requirement below. It seems rate desk noted my reservation with the policy below, so when I call, all agents have refused to help.

I **nicely** tell them that per the fare rules, I should be able to make changes and fly from one year from the original travel date. So the policy below wouldn't apply. But they refuse to acknowledge what I say.

Any advice and how to go About this? Anything in particular that I should Say?

Note: I originally booked outbound for June 2022 (which I flew without any cancelations of any sort). Inbound was for July 10th, 2022 but I changed it the week prior to January 2023.

https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/blog/...el-notice.html
Old Nov 5, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio

Any advice and how to go About this? Anything in particular that I should Say?

l

I would try to ask for "voluntary change" for a +/- day and ask what the difference would it be.

I still see F6 A4 for AA38 next July, fyi.

Where do you see that
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:51 pm

Not sure if there are others still flying this fare. I received a call this morning from American advising my flight next week MIA-LHR is oversold and if I was interested in flying BA F. and flying Royal Air Maroc directly from LHR to CMN skipping MAD. + $500 as compensation. The agent seemed excited I accepted. Seemed to be a reasonable offer and liked the idea of skipping an overnight in Madrid.
SPN Lifer, HarbourGent and Rim1 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by nawlins
Not sure if there are others still flying this fare. I received a call this morning from American advising my flight next week MIA-LHR is oversold and if I was interested in flying BA F. and flying Royal Air Maroc directly from LHR to CMN skipping MAD. + $500 as compensation. The agent seemed excited I accepted. Seemed to be a reasonable offer and liked the idea of skipping an overnight in Madrid.
Congrats, that sounds like a nice switch, and $500 to boot.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Just completed the inbound leg exactly 1 year after the outbound. Tried to change to BA flight, but no success via iMessage, but I have not really pushed.
Flagship first in MIA was nice add-on to overall experience and so was the Concorde room in LHR.
Thanks again to the OP!
HarbourGent, fridgy and Rim1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.