Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Old Mar 10, 22, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi View Post
Some of very few good news to AA: I could move my inbound to a later date (no rerouting) paying a fare difference of roughly 14 USD using historical fares. Had to match original fare buckets of course.

Would this work if you wanted to fly the CMN as far as London and then postpone?
Old Mar 10, 22, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Flew into Casablanca at the beginning of this week. Interestingly, no one at CMN checked my vaccination or COVID documentation (this was checked closely at my point of departure). They also did not keep the paper passenger locator form that I was given on the flight to CMN. Really a painless immigration experience -- felt like pre-COVID travel.

Starting the CMN-MIA fare tomorrow!
our_kid, sgan317 and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Mar 10, 22, 6:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by brewdog11 View Post
Flew into Casablanca at the beginning of this week. Interestingly, no one at CMN checked my vaccination or COVID documentation (this was checked closely at my point of departure). They also did not keep the paper passenger locator form that I was given on the flight to CMN. Really a painless immigration experience -- felt like pre-COVID travel.

Starting the CMN-MIA fare tomorrow!
What was your point of departure where your documentation was checked? I'm flying MIA-LHR overnight Monday, then onto MAD Tuesday and yo CMN Wednesday. However, I won't ever fly the MAD-CMN, instead travelling elsewhere from MAD on the Wednesday. I don't want to be stuck with BA (for MIA-LHR) insisting I have Morocco covid credentials. I'll have at least 4 hours at LHR and at least 12 at MAD.
Old Mar 10, 22, 6:22 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten View Post
That sounds promising! That was after you flew one or several legs of your outbound? And did you do it yourself online, through an airport ticket desk or by calling in?
I flew all legs from CMN till ORD previously. In ORD was a long stopover already in the initial booking. Called AA hotline to rebook.
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Mar 11, 22, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by danger View Post
What was your point of departure where your documentation was checked? I'm flying MIA-LHR overnight Monday, then onto MAD Tuesday and yo CMN Wednesday. However, I won't ever fly the MAD-CMN, instead travelling elsewhere from MAD on the Wednesday. I don't want to be stuck with BA (for MIA-LHR) insisting I have Morocco covid credentials. I'll have at least 4 hours at LHR and at least 12 at MAD.
Are you flying the return portion of the fare?

I'm starting the originating portion today, so I was referencing my positioning light. I departed LIS on a separate ticket to CMN, which is where my documentation was verified.

In your case, it might be necessary to get a RT-PCR test just in case?
Old Mar 11, 22, 2:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm starting the originating portion today, so I was referencing my positioning light. I departed LIS on a separate ticket to CMN, which is where my documentation was verified.

Oh, okay. My trip hasn't commenced yet and won't for a few more weeks. PCR tests in the US seem very expensive. As soon as I've flown CMN-MAD, I'm going to attempt to move the MAD-CMN at the end to a later date. That way I'd only be flying MIA-xLHR-MAD and therefore wouldn't need a test. I'd really like to avoid an unnecessary and expensive test in the US if I can avoid it.
Old Mar 11, 22, 4:20 am

in my case, they say they will check everything in MAD, my last point before entry. If not you can always just ask them to print BP till MAD as your PCR result will not be back till MAD arrival. In MIA F check in they actually gave me all BP without checking much.
Old Mar 11, 22, 11:51 am

Oh, okay. My trip hasn't commenced yet and won't for a few more weeks. PCR tests in the US seem very expensive. As soon as I've flown CMN-MAD, I'm going to attempt to move the MAD-CMN at the end to a later date. That way I'd only be flying MIA-xLHR-MAD and therefore wouldn't need a test. I'd really like to avoid an unnecessary and expensive test in the US if I can avoid it.
Agreed that PCR tests in the USA are exorbitantly expensive. Also, it is downright difficult to find a place geared to travelers (at least where I'm at) with reasonable business hours.

Your plan makes a lot of sense. In order to defray the cost and enjoy the LHR lounges, I scheduled a PCR test at LHR for a cheaper cost. Still would've been nice to avoid the test altogether, especially since I have a few unused eMed antigen test kits just sitting around at home.
Old Mar 11, 22, 12:17 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Agreed that PCR tests in the USA are exorbitantly expensive. Also, it is downright difficult to find a place geared to travelers (at least where I'm at) with reasonable business hours.

Your plan makes a lot of sense. In order to defray the cost and enjoy the LHR lounges, I scheduled a PCR test at LHR for a cheaper cost. Still would've been nice to avoid the test altogether, especially since I have a few unused eMed antigen test kits just sitting around at home.
I think it depends a lot on where and how fast you want them. There is a place in San Diego that does a PCR test for $65 and while they say results will come in 24 hours, it usually never takes longer than 4.
Old Mar 11, 22, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by beyounged View Post
How did you get so many miles on the AA MIA-LHR flight? Did it post as distance rather than fare? And did you earn the same on the outbound?
Old Mar 11, 22, 9:36 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
How did you get so many miles on the AA MIA-LHR flight? Did it post as distance rather than fare? And did you earn the same on the outbound?
He credited to AS so its all distance based. Not sure anyone would want to credit this cheap fare to AA.
Old Mar 11, 22, 11:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Head for Points has reported on AA moving a number of LHR departures to T5 for the northern summer: https://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...3/default.aspx. Less Flounging for me, unfortunately.

Last edited by danger; Mar 11, 22 at 11:40 pm
Old Mar 12, 22, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by skunker View Post
He credited to AS so its all distance based. Not sure anyone would want to credit this cheap fare to AA.
poor AA flyer... I was here pouting about not getting 575% bonus because it is not a BA fare, while the AA standards is "409 miles, take it or leave it" XD
Old Mar 12, 22, 6:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prsidentielle
From Casa Port station one can walk a huge selection of hotels. I stayed in the cheapest possible accommodation for 11 dollars, would not recommend, no hot water and got sick.
AA First flagship dining is truly amazing in MIA, highly recommend anyone flying go early to experience them, someone tipped $50 and they left it on that table as a sign that we should tip I think. I did not, of course, because that would be a 8% increase on my fare!
Your whole approach to travel contradicts itself in a paradoxical sense. You fly paid AA Flagship First on your own dime and also had positioning flights, but yet you abhor sensible, very good priced hotels in Casablanca (thus ending up sleeping in a dump) and you despise, when somebody wants to tip, since *gasp* it would equal to 8% of your cheapskate fare.

I couldn't resist the urge saying this out loud, since I doubt I'm the only one rolling their eyes, while reading your post. No, I don't tip at lounges, but that's mainstream, while I certainly don't go out saying "it would be 8% of my ticket price" or abhor others for choosing to do so. And "sleeping behind the dumpster at Wendy's" grade paid accommodation isn't just sensible anyway.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Mar 12, 22 at 9:05 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 12, 22, 7:37 am

Head for Points has reported on AA moving a number of LHR departures to T5 for the northern summer: https://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...3/default.aspx. Less Flounging for me, unfortunately.
If you arrive early for your flight, it seems you can enter T3 with a T5 bp. So before any AA/BA flight, you could visit the CX lounge for example.

Search this Thread