Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by wholenoni
no change fees but fare difference applies
The $1156 is the full F fare which allows for changes at the historical price after departure.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by danger
The $1156 is the full F fare which allows for changes at the historical price after departure.
My reading of the fare rules is that for both the F and A fares, changes can be made before or after departure; as long as only the return is changed, it will be repriced using historical fares as of the prior date of ticketing.
Keter likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:02 pm

I got the A fare ticketed through AA and decided to cancel within 24 hours after realizing I couldn't make the positioning work. The charges have posted and the cancellation status is 'flight credit'. Am i screwed when it comes to getting a full refund? not the end of the world, im sure i can use the credit but not what i'd expect...
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by desafino
I got the A fare ticketed through AA and decided to cancel within 24 hours after realizing I couldn't make the positioning work. The charges have posted and the cancellation status is 'flight credit'. Am i screwed when it comes to getting a full refund? not the end of the world, im sure i can use the credit but not what i'd expect...
mine, too.

I certainly don't want credit as I have no use of it.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:34 pm

I did the same thing canceling within 24 hours. instructions are to cancel getting the credit then going to https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/ . This will lead you through getting refund to your credit card using the ticket number. The fefund confirmation will say you are due the refund minus the $250 cancelation fee. When the refund appeared 100% of the fare was refunded.
Global321 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:40 pm

Hmm, this is what the prefunds link results in. So maybe it just takes time for the refund to card to post?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hmm, this is what the prefunds link results in. So maybe it just takes time for the refund to card to post?
Yes, if the refund was processed today it'll take a couple days.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by cochinjew
I was able to book two round trips, one for november 21 and another one for july 22, being directed to the AA website by 1. mighty travels 2. book with matrix. In the up coming trip , all flights are on BA and IB.
Thanks so much for the OP
so this is dead?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ijones027
so this is dead?
Yes, about 45 hours ago.
​​
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:09 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This is not new news.
They have cleaned up all the fares a few hours ago, however, the system would likely load the changes midnight Morocco time so the fare is currently bookable and probably would be bookable for the next 3 hours.
Do we know what it was that removed the fares display and inhibited tickets issue via AA.com (for most people at least if not for all)? I could not even see AA fares ex CMN in Expertflyer using any ticketing date in September, however, a ticketing date in August or earlier returned the listing and the fare (routing) details showed that the fares were not expired yet (up until they finally set to expire of course on US morning the 12th).
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
My reading of the fare rules is that for both the F and A fares, changes can be made before or after departure; as long as only the return is changed, it will be repriced using historical fares as of the prior date of ticketing.
For sure this is the standard rule, howwever, the actual airlines application may be different for full fares - we have seen in CX ex-Vietnam deal that those fares allowed first fare component changes without refaring even before departure. No idea how this will work with AA.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
This particular fare wasn't easy or actually possible to book directly with AA using Matrix and browser extension magic. As for using AA codeshares as one solution, they weren't loaded for all time periods on MAD-CMN and v.v. And don't get started about Priceline. Any seasoned traveller knows what risks that entails and how they're an OTA with limited service, unlike a very dependable TA. Remember: you're a customer of the OTA, not the airline, first and foremost. Thus any rebookings etc. must be raised with the OTA.
Its a problem of a person making a booking and is nowhere an excuse not to follow the community rules. We all need to do our homework by finding proper sales channels in advance so that we are ready when the time comes. In the end of the day in this case AA external reservation fee of USD 50 (one time only) is nothing compared to what we get from this deal.

I do not agree calling is the main reason fares get killed, but its also my problem Its about rules and following the rules. The rules can be discussed in other forum threads if people wish to do so.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by Keter
In the end of the day in this case AA external reservation fee of USD 50 (one time only) is nothing compared to what we get from this deal.
Which is irrelevant, as long as the booking remains under TA supervision. Thus there's no added $50, as long as you have used a proper TA that's capable of handling changes.

Its about rules and following the rules. The rules can be discussed in other forum threads if people wish to do so.
You talk about perceived, unwritten community rules, while saying there's other threads to discuss them.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by anabolism
I see that, too.

CHANGES BEFORE OUTBOUND DEPARTURE// WHEN THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THEITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED. ----- WHEN THERE ARE NO CHANGES TO THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT BUT OTHER FARE COMPONENTS ARE CHANGED THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE OR CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF TICKET REISSUE WHICHEVER IS LOWER.
I also see this:

CHANGES AFTER DEPARTURE// THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE. ----- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE COLLECTED.
How does that work? If you're using historical fares, how can the fare be higher (or lower)? How could a full F fare become higher when using historical fares? Isn't it always going to be the same, except for perhaps changes to stopovers, carriers and ports?

It actually seems as though it's better to change before departure, providing you're not changing the first flight.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Do we know what it was that removed the fares display and inhibited tickets issue via AA.com (for most people at least if not for all)? I could not even see AA fares ex CMN in Expertflyer using any ticketing date in September, however, a ticketing date in August or earlier returned the listing and the fare (routing) details showed that the fares were not expired yet (up until they finally set to expire of course on US morning the 12th).
Well, I never got CMN-MIA to display on EF. However, as noted in the fare rules I posted on the first page, the fare was actually filed as CAS-MIA. Searching for CMN-MIA with AA as the carrier returned no fares for me.
Keter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.