Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
AA is likely to honor these bookings as they are pretty aware that;

- IB wouldn't cancel their CMN-MAD & MAD-LHR services
- AA wouldn't cancel their LHR-JFK/MIA services
- Most people who have booked this fare is subject to the Presidential Proclamation and would end up with a AA voucher as they wouldn't have a cancellation or/and a schedule change more than 4 hours.
A nice interest free loan!
Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you cancel these tickets and receive the value back in the form of a voucher, don't you have to use the credit on a flight departing from the same country?

I have a booking originating in the US I canceled last year and AA won't let me use it on another booking unless it also departs from the US.

I would hate to see people end up with a credit that can only be used on ex-Morocco AA bookings
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you cancel these tickets and receive the value back in the form of a voucher, don't you have to use the credit on a flight departing from the same country?

I have a booking originating in the US I canceled last year and AA won't let me use it on another booking unless it also departs from the US.

I would hate to see people end up with a credit that can only be used on ex-Morocco AA bookings
I believe the restriction is same currency not country of departure.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
AA is likely to honor these bookings as they are pretty aware that;

- IB wouldn't cancel their CMN-MAD & MAD-LHR services
- AA wouldn't cancel their LHR-JFK/MIA services
- Most people who have booked this fare is subject to the Presidential Proclamation and would end up with a AA voucher as they wouldn't have a cancellation or/and a schedule change more than 4 hours.
I'm not sure why your points mean that AA will honor the booking. Surely the choice of honoring them hinges on if AA wants to treat the fare as an error, not whether flights are cancelled. Regarding your third point, I can't figure out what you mean. What proclamation?
Global321 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ

I recall reading that there are some workarounds. Something about booking a new itinerary in the same currency then converting that to an e-voucher instead of a flight or trip credit. There are vouchers, flight credits, and trip credits, each with different rules.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
I'm not sure why your points mean that AA will honor the booking. Surely the choice of honoring them hinges on if AA wants to treat the fare as an error, not whether flights are cancelled. Regarding your third point, I can't figure out what you mean. What proclamation?
The US Presidential Proclamation which bans non-US citizens/residents who have been into the UK & Europe within the last 14 days to enter the USA.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
AWhere are you seeing the fare info? I can't find it in EF.
Archive. You need to add a historic ticketing date in Expertflyer or GDS.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
Archive. You need to add a historic ticketing date in Expertflyer or GDS.
Thanks. I see it now.
Keter likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Garimi
I managed to booked it Today at 7am GMT it was fight with AA agents which couldn't price it with IB sectors etc...
booked for 4 pax in A class..
Had to split in 2pnr per 2pax because of avaliable A class 2seats on AA100 and.AA106....not big difrence....

happy with outcome but lost 6h on phone during 2 days...
I manage also include A321T for BOS-JFK leg....
Why did you call the airline? This is the reason that deals are no longer posted....
Markie likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
When was this and which fare? AA is supposed to honor a stored price quote for at least 24 hours, but there have been instances where AA wouldn't do so for unusually low fares such as the ex-Egypt RTW right when their currency plummeted or the ex-Seychelles when few realized the fare still existed.
Pretty close. The ex-Mozambique xONEx fare in July 2016.
dls25 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I don't want to target any poster but "flaming others for calling the airline" is just an action that flame someone else for no reason which is not nice.

It has been already mentioned multiple times that airlines have algorithms of ticket purchases and systems could detect the unusual traffic on this fare even if everyone books online or through a third party travel agent.
Flying Yazata likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:14 pm

If you call the airlines you have the possibility of ruining the fare for everyone. Sure you might benefit short term but the long term risk is too great. Only the reckless and selfish and utterly uninformed would call the airlines in these situations. It's so easy to book with matrix. OP has good reasons to never share these fares again.
Keter, saltytheseagull and kjorobk like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:18 pm

I don't want to target any poster but "flaming others for calling the airline" is just an action that flame someone else for no reason which is not nice.

It has been already mentioned multiple times that airlines have algorithms of ticket purchases and systems could detect the unusual traffic on this fare even if everyone books online or through a third party travel agent.
Respectfully disagree, in part.

Yes, airlines have systems that track purchases and flag fares that get unusually high traffic. However, that takes time. This fare will be a good test of this.
Airlines also have systems in place for agents to report "error fares". This absolutely gets fares pulled faster. So, if you want people to keep posting these fares, don't call the airline when it is live.

Having said that, once the fare is gone, of course, there may be reasons to call the airline and one certainly should if needed.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:35 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
When was this and which fare? AA is supposed to honor a stored price quote for at least 24 hours, but there have been instances where AA wouldn't do so for unusually low fares such as the ex-Egypt RTW right when their currency plummeted or the ex-Seychelles when few realized the fare still existed.
Originally Posted by danger
Pretty close. The ex-Mozambique xONEx fare in July 2016.
You're welcome.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ned1968
Here's an example with a one week stopover in New York and a single day (no overnight) in Miami:
Spoiler

I tried booking this way, but both Matrix and GF say "no flights". I tried using EF to build the exact flights and then plug them into Matrix, but it insists "no flights found".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.