Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, the fare rules specify that the transatlantic leg must be on AA metal.
BA operated TATL is not possible.
It's widely available at March
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, the fare rules specify that the transatlantic leg must be on AA metal.
BA operated TATL is not possible.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:05 am

Programs: Lots
Just wanted to say thanks again to the OP (and your welcome to share those other fares you mentioned anytime). But also, I’m now getting great enjoyment out of the sheer number of confidently incorrect posts about this fare.
hypertext likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:05 am

Is it now possible to buy through AA.com?
I re-created the reservation twice, accepts the card, does not issue an error message, does not show the PNR, but does not charge money either.

The Priceline does not provide an opportunity to buy.
How else I can buy these tickets?
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Deckter
See below:

MAD seems cheaper than SOF, though I fare, but BA fare. Better earning with AS.
nickohrn and Deckter like this.

Last edited by freed0m; Sep 11, 2021 at 4:26 am
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by freed0m
MAD seems cheaper than SOF, though I fare, but BA fare. Better earning with AS.
Thanks, i forgot that MAD is still active.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Just booked (2pm Sat London) a $733 fare from Casablanca to Miami including JFK on the way back for late May 2022, including the two bank holidays at the beginning of June

Used Google Flights then the direct booking link to AA; used a US zipcode for the credit card

Many thanks to the OP. It's still alive. Let's be kind to each other - FT is a community :-)
Old Sep 11, 2021, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
There are plenty of non-FT members who view this thread and book fares; there are plenty of travel agents who book fares for customers; there are numerous blogs who pick up the fare. If you have an issue with the fare, don't post about it. It's just that simple. Alternatively, accept you're part of a group, and community spirit runs high when it comes to gratitude.

To those who spotted the fare a while ago, well done - I hope you booked and thus aren't frustrated that it's now been shared. Many of us spot fares and share them once we have booked our own - but seeing as the OP knows a thing or two about fares (#currency), he still opted to share and not brag about it.

M
You're right, and to be honest, I wasn't aware that algos picked up unusual activity. I was still under the assumption that calling in = quickest way to get a fare removed as has been repeated endlessly in this subforum... I apologize.

I found this fare recently and had no use of it, hence the post. Sorry to those that discovered it earlier and have using it, but how would I have known it was already circling around? I'm just glad a good amount of people were able to book this and will eventually get to fly it.

Once in a while I'll receive a PM such as the one below that makes sharing these fares worthwhile...

nnn, our_kid, Keter and 19 others like this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: OWE
Booked similar as Ned1968 just before midnight yesterday, flying back from JFK on Sunday evening, arriving in LON just on time to reach the office by 9

Thanks OP for sharing, Sharing is good, the benefit for the group as a whole is much bigger than the loss for the few who kept it close to their chests in case they need it one day.
our_kid likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:39 am

Any tips on forcing this with BA?

For those of us AA folks, getting a BA routing/booking is a huge bonus in terms of EQDs.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Global321
Any tips on forcing this with BA?

For those of us AA folks, getting a BA routing/booking is a huge bonus in terms of EQDs.
No way to get BA codes. Its an AA fare that requires IB or AA codes only.
You can get BA metal as others have shown, but I've only seen that work with AA codes on the IB metal for the outbound like in danger's post above. That's even worse for AA earning.
Global321 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
I know the answer is probably no, but is/was there a destination available other than Miami?
Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:14 am

Delete
Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I know the answer is probably no, but is/was there a destination available other than Miami?
nope. But you can make it a pseudo destination with a stopover, and the rule is MPM so it is quite generous. such as LHR-JFK, stop for 6 months, then JFK-MIA, 3 days, then back to CMN, it practically makes NYC your destination
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by beyounged
nope. But you can make it a pseudo destination with a stopover, and the rule is MPM so it is quite generous. such as LHR-JFK, stop for 6 months, then JFK-MIA, 3 days, then back to CMN, it practically makes NYC your destination
Got it, thank you

Unfortunately this West Coaster is left on the wrong side of the continent to really make use of this

Congrats to all who are taking advantage of the great fare
​​​
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.