Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Old Nov 19, 21, 7:39 am
  #391  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Programs: QR - Plat, SQ, ANA, Delta, AA
Posts: 18
It is unfortunately on Nov 28 - and it is on AA's PNR with AA flight number. Currently showing "Please check back or we’ll assign seats at the airport." . DM AA (twitter) last night with a general plea for help and they responded by offering to help ... but nothing yet proposed/silence. Just followed up with a DM with the alternate flight via JFK. Thanks y'all.
chosun8181 is offline  
Old Nov 19, 21, 7:44 am
  #392  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,459
Originally Posted by chosun8181 View Post
It is unfortunately on Nov 28 - and it is on AA's PNR with AA flight number. Currently showing "Please check back or well assign seats at the airport." . DM AA (twitter) last night with a general plea for help and they responded by offering to help ... but nothing yet proposed/silence. Just followed up with a DM with the alternate flight via JFK. Thanks y'all.
Also start looking into EC261 / the post Brexit equivalent. You dont want to end up flying in Y and getting compensated with x% of a <$1k ticket. You could even look at routing via DFW or LAX and get into F on the LAX MIA transcon
coleslaw is offline  
Old Nov 19, 21, 11:41 am
  #393  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Posts: 8,778
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
You could even look at routing via DFW or LAX and get into F on the LAX MIA transcon
Absolutely the OP should look at alternate flights and routes they find acceptable or preferable and that have F space. Being routed LHR-LAX-MIA all in F would be much ore enjoyable than LHR-MIA, in my personal opinion.
anabolism is offline  
Old Nov 19, 21, 11:47 am
  #394  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Silver, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,Sixt Platinum
Posts: 13,223
CMN-MAD-LHR-LAX-MIA is not permitted by the MPM limit of the fare and during rebookings agents need to be sure that the MPM is not exceeded.

Although, some agents would forget to look at the MPM thus the passenger might be lucky.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Nov 19, 21, 11:53 am
  #395  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Global
Posts: 5,628
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
Absolutely the OP should look at alternate flights and routes they find acceptable or preferable and that have F space. Being routed LHR-LAX-MIA all in F would be much ore enjoyable than LHR-MIA, in my personal opinion.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
CMN-MAD-LHR-LAX-MIA is not permitted by the MPM limit of the fare and during rebookings agents need to be sure that the MPM is not exceeded.

Although, some agents would forget to look at the MPM thus the passenger might be lucky.
During irregular ops wouldn't the MPM be waived? I would think it would be like waiving change fees/repricing a ticket... rerouting due to airline ops all gets waived. (Truly asking, not debating.)
Global321 is offline  
Old Nov 19, 21, 12:08 pm
  #396  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Silver, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,Sixt Platinum
Posts: 13,223
Originally Posted by Global321 View Post
During irregular ops wouldn't the MPM be waived? I would think it would be like waiving change fees/repricing a ticket... rerouting due to airline ops all gets waived. (Truly asking, not debating.)
The normal case is that the MPM should only be waived when there are no alternatives that satisfy the MPM. It's unlikely for AA to not operate LHR-MIA as it was one of the rare routes that didn't stop during the entire pandemic.

Although as I mentioned before, some AAgents would not care and re-issue the ticket disregarding the MPM rules.
Global321 likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Nov 19, 21, 12:08 pm
  #397  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Posts: 8,778
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
CMN-MAD-LHR-LAX-MIA is not permitted by the MPM limit of the fare and during rebookings agents need to be sure that the MPM is not exceeded.
Yes, and one wouldn't expect a phone reservations agent to violate the fare rules. However, airport agents have much greater discretion, which is why waiting until the airport is a reasonable approach, provided there are acceptable or desirable alternative flights with F space available.

Originally Posted by Global321 View Post
During irregular ops wouldn't the MPM be waived? I would think it would be like waiving change fees/repricing a ticket... rerouting due to airline ops all gets waived. (Truly asking, not debating.)
At an airport, yes. Airport agents have greater power to do things to get passengers where they're going. They can even book passengers on non-partner airlines (as long as AA has an interline agreement with the carrier).
Global321 and ISTFlyer like this.
anabolism is offline  
Old Nov 26, 21, 5:51 am
  #398  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Juan, PR
Programs: MR AMB/LT T, AS MVPG75K, TK EP/*G, DL D, IH AMB/D/IC, HH D, CR D, FoundersCd, Sixt P, NTL EE, Hz 5*
Posts: 411
I'll write up a full trip report later, but currently on BA 207 as part of this fare. Got to experience the Concorde Room for my first time, as well as BA F service (I've flown J before, and plenty of other F, but not post-Pandemic). The BA flight is great so far, although "absolutely the best business class in the world" is a pretty fair description. Air Nostrum CMN-MAD flight was good, and Iberia MAD-LHR was good, but ground handling in CMN was meh, and in MAD exceptionally bad (to the point where I'll actively avoid transits through MAD, or flights on IB, generally -- which sucks since they're one of the few nonstop transatlantic options from my home of SJU.)

Lots of hassle with my positioning flight (TAP SFO-LIS-MUC first, which didn't happen, and then SFO-LAS-ATL-MIA-SJU, SJU-EWR-ZRH+1-MAK (which misconnected and turned into SJU-EWR-CDG+2-RAK). It all worked out in the end (and I discovered how much I love CDG 2E K-gates, compared to the rest of that airport, as well as how much better Four Seasons with zero status except Amex FHR is vs. Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador in any non-Asian Bonvoy property.)

I have my AS MVPG 75K on all the flights so will be interesting to see how they credit. Sad I don't have time to segment-run AS for 12 segments for MVPG100K just because 100 > 75.
our_kid likes this.
rdlmitedu is offline  
Old Nov 26, 21, 5:58 am
  #399  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Juan, PR
Programs: MR AMB/LT T, AS MVPG75K, TK EP/*G, DL D, IH AMB/D/IC, HH D, CR D, FoundersCd, Sixt P, NTL EE, Hz 5*
Posts: 411
Originally Posted by W213Sal View Post
anyone here planning on / has stayed in FS CMN? Website says they have on site covid testing available? Also worried about 72 hr time frame, have overnight in london on the way out, maybe to be on the safe side, do PCR in CMN then do RAT with a QR code in london?
I stayed in the Four Seasons Casablanca 24-25 NOV (my first FS stay ever, somehow) and it was truly exceptional. $304 with Amex FHR credit of $200 from Amex Platinum which I had to use by the end of the year, nice room upgrade to 403/ocean view, $100 spa credit, great breakfast...

I did NAAT/Lateral Flow in T5 LHR at ExpressTest on the way in as my "day 2 test" for UK, leaving the next day. (2000h reservation, 1900 arrival, tested 1910, notified 1940). Couldn't check beyond LHR without test, and caused major hassle and almost war crimes at MAD when the T4(?) Iberia CS desk tried to refuse to check me into UK even with UK PLF + US CDC vax (which is all that's required...), saying they HAD to check me all the way to USA despite overnight landside transit. They wanted me to go between terminals to the main CS desk which given the massive line and no special handling for premium would have caused misconnect; I just kept going back to them every 5 minutes in line until they relented and did their job (and I think I got a different agent; there were two working and I tried both.)

Probably easier just to do a test in CMN, but I think CMN can't check beyond LHR, and maybe not even beyond MAD. I've got 4 of these tickets over the next 8 months so I'll try each way. You'd still need a "throwaway" UK test booking (for GBP 4 or so) to get a UK PLF, but you could use the observed remote antigen test for the US, or a local-in-CMN test. I'd ask using the Four Seasons chat app to see if they can get you a US-recognized test, actually.
rdlmitedu is offline  
Old Nov 26, 21, 9:51 am
  #400  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Posts: 8,778
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu View Post
You'd still need a "throwaway" UK test booking (for GBP 4 or so) to get a UK PLF
Multiple people have reported that you don't need to purchase a Day 2 test to obtain a UK PLF for an overnight stay; they report success by indicating "Transit" in the PLF form. (I haven't yet tried it myself.)
ubiest likes this.
anabolism is offline  
Old Nov 26, 21, 5:44 pm
  #401  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,916
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu View Post
I'll write up a full trip report later, but currently on BA 207 as part of this fare. Got to experience the Concorde Room for my first time, as well as BA F service (I've flown J before, and plenty of other F, but not post-Pandemic). The BA flight is great so far, although "absolutely the best business class in the world" is a pretty fair description. Air Nostrum CMN-MAD flight was good, and Iberia MAD-LHR was good, but ground handling in CMN was meh, and in MAD exceptionally bad (to the point where I'll actively avoid transits through MAD, or flights on IB, generally -- which sucks since they're one of the few nonstop transatlantic options from my home of SJU.)

Lots of hassle with my positioning flight (TAP SFO-LIS-MUC first, which didn't happen, and then SFO-LAS-ATL-MIA-SJU, SJU-EWR-ZRH+1-MAK (which misconnected and turned into SJU-EWR-CDG+2-RAK). It all worked out in the end (and I discovered how much I love CDG 2E K-gates, compared to the rest of that airport, as well as how much better Four Seasons with zero status except Amex FHR is vs. Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador in any non-Asian Bonvoy property.)

I have my AS MVPG 75K on all the flights so will be interesting to see how they credit. Sad I don't have time to segment-run AS for 12 segments for MVPG100K just because 100 > 75.
You say BA 207, but I assume you booked as an AA code-share, right? Because an A/F fare on BA crediting to AS would have been real nice. I'm still trying to decide where to credit my F fare flight since it's AA coded I'll get terrible "loyalty points."
skunker is offline  
Old Nov 27, 21, 1:36 am
  #402  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Juan, PR
Programs: MR AMB/LT T, AS MVPG75K, TK EP/*G, DL D, IH AMB/D/IC, HH D, CR D, FoundersCd, Sixt P, NTL EE, Hz 5*
Posts: 411
Yes, booked as AA code-share, so less than half as much earning, but somehow I'll survive. I have 3.5 of these roundtrip and two one-way coming, so...
rdlmitedu is offline  
Old Dec 1, 21, 10:02 am
  #403  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,459
Call AA Reservations about a flight change.

I have an upcoming MIA-LHR-MAD-CMN trip where the MAD-CMN segment has dropped out of the itinerary. I've gotten a "Call AA Reservations about a flight change." notification. When I look for possible options to get to CMN (while maintaining the MIA-LHR-MAD routing) I can't find anything on ITA. Individual segments are available but the routing as a whole is not.

How much flexibility have AA been giving people for these types of changes? My flights aren't until next month but I'd like to get the itinerary re-ticketed soon.
coleslaw is offline  
Old Dec 1, 21, 10:09 am
  #404  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Posts: 630
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
I have an upcoming MIA-LHR-MAD-CMN trip where the MAD-CMN segment has dropped out of the itinerary. I've gotten a "Call AA Reservations about a flight change." notification. When I look for possible options to get to CMN (while maintaining the MIA-LHR-MAD routing) I can't find anything on ITA. Individual segments are available but the routing as a whole is not.

How much flexibility have AA been giving people for these types of changes? My flights aren't until next month but I'd like to get the itinerary re-ticketed soon.
No idea on likelihood of success, but suggesting dropping the last leg and cutting short at MAD doesn't seem unreasonable (if you aren't explicitly wanting to get back to CMN)
drwook is offline  
Old Dec 1, 21, 5:45 pm
  #405  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Posts: 8,778
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
I have an upcoming MIA-LHR-MAD-CMN trip where the MAD-CMN segment has dropped out of the itinerary. I've gotten a "Call AA Reservations about a flight change." notification. When I look for possible options to get to CMN (while maintaining the MIA-LHR-MAD routing) I can't find anything on ITA. Individual segments are available but the routing as a whole is not.

How much flexibility have AA been giving people for these types of changes? My flights aren't until next month but I'd like to get the itinerary re-ticketed soon.
The "Call AA about a flight change" email happens when a flight is cancelled and the auto-reaccommodation process can't find a replacement flight. In this case, it's likely because Morocco has ordered a halt to flights for the next two weeks. If your flights are in that period, you may need to skip Morocco and end in Madrid, or push the flight dates to later. Once the situation with Omicron becomes clearer, flights may resume.

I've been getting email alerts from the U.S. State Department about the suspension of Moroccan flights, e.g.,:



(The email goes on to list options for U.S. residents stuck in Morocco.)
anabolism is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread