Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Old Dec 1, 21, 5:50 pm
  #406  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,459
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
The "Call AA about a flight change" email happens when a flight is cancelled and the auto-reaccommodation process can't find a replacement flight. In this case, it's likely because Morocco has ordered a halt to flights for the next two weeks. If your flights are in that period, you may need to skip Morocco and end in Madrid, or push the flight dates to later. Once the situation with Omicron becomes clearer, flights may resume.
My flights are after the (current) end of the flight halt. MAD-CMN is still bookable under the IB flight number for my dates when booking just that segment. I'd be OK to terminate in MAD if needed (although it would disrupt some of my onward travel plans).
coleslaw is offline  
Old Dec 1, 21, 7:04 pm
  #407  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Posts: 8,778
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
My flights are after the (current) end of the flight halt. MAD-CMN is still bookable under the IB flight number for my dates when booking just that segment. I'd be OK to terminate in MAD if needed (although it would disrupt some of my onward travel plans).
I'm the sort that always wants my trips re-ticketed as soon as possible, but if it were me I'd hang tight until the situation becomes more clear.
anabolism is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 6:07 am
  #408  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cork, Ireland
Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Posts: 259
So my cmn-mad in march got cancelled, will they let me originate from somewhere else?
W213Sal is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 6:13 am
  #409  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Posts: 882
Originally Posted by W213Sal View Post
So my cmn-mad in march got cancelled, will they let me originate from somewhere else?
If your sector was cancelled, you will likely be allowed to stop it from the reservation and start in MAD.
wmaciej is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 6:30 am
  #410  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Programs: BA GOLD/ VS SILVER / WY GOLD/ SQ SILVER
Posts: 56
When in March did it get cancelled? I am due to travel in March on the 24th and I was sort of hoping it got cancelled!
Flyer1508 is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 7:03 am
  #411  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Silver, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,Sixt Platinum
Posts: 13,223
I am not sure if dropping the first leg is permitted on American stock.
Their policy is different and much limited compared to British Airways when it comes to rebooking flexibility.

By the way, for the question of Flyer1508 , some people who have booked tight connections in MAD now have an infeasible connection because of the MCT at Madrid as the CMN-MAD flight is departing a few minutes later than it was originally going to depart. For reference, the people I know that booked the tight connection has booked it to have the A350 from Madrid to Heathrow as all the remaining flights the same day were operated by a narrow-body.
Flyer1508 likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 8:11 am
  #412  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Posts: 882
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
I am not sure if dropping the first leg is permitted on American stock.
Their policy is different and much limited compared to British Airways when it comes to rebooking flexibility.

By the way, for the question of Flyer1508 , some people who have booked tight connections in MAD now have an infeasible connection because of the MCT at Madrid as the CMN-MAD flight is departing a few minutes later than it was originally going to depart. For reference, the people I know that booked the tight connection has booked it to have the A350 from Madrid to Heathrow as all the remaining flights the same day were operated by a narrow-body.
I was certainly allowed to drop LUX-LHR feeders when the original flight was cancelled and the rebooked one meant 23 hr layover. It was a 001 ticket.
wmaciej is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 9:04 am
  #413  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cork, Ireland
Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Posts: 259
Originally Posted by Flyer1508 View Post
When in March did it get cancelled? I am due to travel in March on the 24th and I was sort of hoping it got cancelled!
Lmao it's 23rd but on the 24th flight from LHR
W213Sal is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 10:56 am
  #414  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Posts: 1,035
Am sure there are a few options to play with here - RAM direct from CMN-LHR, a MAD start or a friendly agent might book you on a 300 mile rule to AGP perhaps? YMMV - am going to call next week and see what is possible.
our_kid is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 11:19 am
  #415  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Silver, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,Sixt Platinum
Posts: 13,223
Originally Posted by our_kid View Post
Am sure there are a few options to play with here - RAM direct from CMN-LHR, a MAD start or a friendly agent might book you on a 300 mile rule to AGP perhaps? YMMV - am going to call next week and see what is possible.
So, just as a reminder that RAM is not part of the Atlantic Joint Business and AA is known for not rebooking people on non-JB partners except for EXP's and CK's.

Also, for the 300 mile part, those who had their CMN-MAD leg cancelled might give a shot as that might indeed work. However, for those who only got a misconnection issue because of the 20 minute transfer, which covers most of the cases, there are two MAD-LHR flights within the next two hours of the arrival of the CMN-MAD flight so 300 mile radius change or dropping the CMN-MAD leg are both very likely to be denied for these people.

Of course, some AAgents might rebook some people and send to the itinerary to rebooking queue but don't be 100% sure that it would make it until you get your e-ticket number in hand.
Good luck to everyone rebooking, especially to those who booked through OTA's such as Priceline.
our_kid likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 1:42 pm
  #416  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, VIE
Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, A3 Gold
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
So, just as a reminder that RAM is not part of the Atlantic Joint Business and AA is known for not rebooking people on non-JB partners except for EXP's and CK's.

Also, for the 300 mile part, those who had their CMN-MAD leg cancelled might give a shot as that might indeed work. However, for those who only got a misconnection issue because of the 20 minute transfer, which covers most of the cases, there are two MAD-LHR flights within the next two hours of the arrival of the CMN-MAD flight so 300 mile radius change or dropping the CMN-MAD leg are both very likely to be denied for these people.
Is the 300 mile rule something official one can refer to? Not so much for this case, but I have some other cases where it could be relevant. Thank you.
fridgy likes this.
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 1:48 pm
  #417  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Silver, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,Sixt Platinum
Posts: 13,223
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz View Post
Is the 300 mile rule something official one can refer to? Not so much for this case, but I have some other cases where it could be relevant. Thank you.
Yes, see here: https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/docum...ule_Change.pdf

Just click on 300 Mile radius in the additional categories box to see the terms&conditions.
honzeek_cz likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 2:31 pm
  #418  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PRG, DRS, VIE
Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, A3 Gold
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Yes, see here: https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/docum...ule_Change.pdf

Just click on 300 Mile radius in the additional categories box to see the terms&conditions.
Thank you!
ISTFlyer likes this.
honzeek_cz is offline  
Old Dec 4, 21, 3:18 pm
  #419  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,916
Mine isn't until June, but this week I have received notice that both the CMN-MAD and MAD-LHR legs have had small shifts in timing. I have my overnight in MAD, so no big deal. But, the morning flight switched from an A320 to a A330, so I'm happy.
skunker is offline  
Old Dec 5, 21, 1:04 am
  #420  
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 165
I have had a cancellation from IB for March flights - IB emailed - but no alternative shown. Will probably have to contact AA, although in their system and IB's it still shows as running (CMN-MAD) despite being emailed 2 days ago.
cmnmia is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread