Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Thanks keitherson that is a very helpful post - I plan to transfer at CMN - come in same morning on TAP or RAM and then out on IB as I’m based in Europe. You’re right regarding heads up on Covid testing - what happened at CMN-MAD any need for negative test there?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Thanks for the detailed report, @keitherson! Our trip isn't until next summer, but I'll file this away.

Originally Posted by keitherson
First, don't be that American guy that showed up at the IB check-in counter earlier expecting to fly back to MIA without a covid test.
I wouldn't have believed that anyone would try that now, and be a jackass about it.

Also, mask wearing in general in Morocco seemed mostly for show and compliance was quite weak. Tourists/foreigners seemed to wear masks more than locals, though businesses/workers had decent compliance.
It's unfortunate that locals don't take it seriously.

Note that entering Morocco from the US, you do not need a covid test, just proof of vaccination. But if you stop in UK/Europe, you will need a PCR test done within the last 48h, including LHR and MAD.
Can you point to something that better explains the requirement? I saw on the Morocco Tourism page that the U.S. in an "A List" country, and no test is needed for "Travelers from list A countries" but I'm not sure if that means travelers who reside in an A List country or travelers whose plane arrives directly from an A List country, or some other definition. You're saying anyone stopping for more than 24 hours in a B List country needs a test?

The taxi from the airport into town is expensive, as the taxis are racketeering. Uber is not available, only Careem, which was quoting $30 one way. For the train geeks and those on a budget, go downstairs and take the train. You'll want to buy a ticket for "Casa Port" downtown. A second-class ticket is 50 Dh and first-class is 70 Dh. The automated ticket machines rejected all my credit cards but the manned counter accepted them. Note the trains run once an hour and take about 45 mins, so plan your time accordingly both ways.
Do you recall roughly how much a taxi costs into town (the business area, from your other info)? Is a taxi likely to accept a credit card?

Thanks again for the detailed info.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:52 pm

Changing dates on return

I booked an 'A' fare round-trip. I was planning on changing the dates on the return after I flew the outbound and landed in MIA. However, none of the dates I've checked show any 'A' inventory on AA MIA-LHR (there is space on an AA codeshare on BA metal, but I suspect that wouldn't be allowed).
Old Nov 13, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by our_kid
Thanks keitherson that is a very helpful post - I plan to transfer at CMN - come in same morning on TAP or RAM and then out on IB as I’m based in Europe. You’re right regarding heads up on Covid testing - what happened at CMN-MAD any need for negative test there?
CMN-MAD no test if you're overnighting, but they won't check you in all the way to USA. In fact the agents try to offload all problems to MAD so they may just short-check you no matter what.
Originally Posted by anabolism
Thanks for the detailed report, @keitherson!
Can you point to something that better explains the requirement? I saw on the Morocco Tourism page that the U.S. in an "A List" country, and no test is needed for "Travelers from list A countries" but I'm not sure if that means travelers who reside in an A List country or travelers whose plane arrives directly from an A List country, or some other definition. You're saying anyone stopping for more than 24 hours in a B List country needs a test?
Grey area, I don't think specifics were given
Do you recall roughly how much a taxi costs into town (the business area, from your other info)? Is a taxi likely to accept a credit card?

Thanks again for the detailed info.
No credit card. Don't know the costs, I took the train. There's an ATM next to an exchange place at the airport with no fees.
fridgy likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:39 pm
vji

I went to CMN earlier in August (though not on this fare), flying from LIS (list B). Initial scan of my boarding pass gave a denied boarding message and the agent wanted to know if I was staying in a list of designated quarantine hotels. But I tried to clarify by saying the USA was on List A and she let us board. YMMV I think.
HarbourGent and fridgy like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by vji
I went to CMN earlier in August (though not on this fare), flying from LIS (list B). Initial scan of my boarding pass gave a denied boarding message and the agent wanted to know if I was staying in a list of designated quarantine hotels. But I tried to clarify by saying the USA was on List A and she let us board. YMMV I think.
Thanks. That's not too reassuring. Glad you were able to board. Presumably, you didn't have any issue on arrival into CMN?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:17 pm
vji

Thanks. That's not too reassuring. Glad you were able to board. Presumably, you didn't have any issue on arrival into CMN?
Yes, CMN didn't really check anything but passport & proof of vax.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
anyone here planning on / has stayed in FS CMN? Website says they have on site covid testing available? Also worried about 72 hr time frame, have overnight in london on the way out, maybe to be on the safe side, do PCR in CMN then do RAT with a QR code in london?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by W213Sal
anyone here planning on / has stayed in FS CMN? Website says they have on site covid testing available? Also worried about 72 hr time frame, have overnight in london on the way out, maybe to be on the safe side, do PCR in CMN then do RAT with a QR code in london?
I'm not sure what FS stands for (I keep thinking Flagship Suites but obviously you mean a hotel of some sort). However, for entry into the U.S. and also the U.K. if needed, you could bring eMed/Binax proctored tests with you and do one in your hotel via video conference the day before you depart. That would be two days before you depart for the U.S., well within the three-day limit.
W213Sal likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
I'm not sure what FS stands for (I keep thinking Flagship Suites but obviously you mean a hotel of some sort). However, for entry into the U.S. and also the U.K. if needed, you could bring eMed/Binax proctored tests with you and do one in your hotel via video conference the day before you depart. That would be two days before you depart for the U.S., well within the three-day limit.
four seasons and I'll have a look to see if I can get those here, I assume they're RAT? thanks v much!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
Can anyone who has flown this fare please share how their AA-coded BA-operated segments posted to Alaska Mileage Plan? Hoping to hear from someone who had AS# on the booking (auto-credited), not retro-claimed the flights.

And has anyone successfully changed the return portion of their trip using historical fare, before or after commencing travel?

Flying CMN-MAD-LHR-ATL, ATL-MIA-LHR-MAD-CMN soon. AA coded BA metal both ways for the F flights. Hoping to strategize where I credit these flights as they straddle 2021/2022...
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by W213Sal
four seasons and I'll have a look to see if I can get those here, I assume they're RAT? thanks v much!
Yes, the eMed/Binax tests are rapid antigen tests. The tests themselves can be purchased widely, but purchasing them through eMed, other medical web sites, or various airlines pairs the tests with the eMed video proctoring. That gets you an official laboratory certified results PDF with QR code.
Global321 and W213Sal like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: QR - Plat, SQ, ANA, Delta, AA
Any suggestions ... I am flying in 10 days on CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA leg. After I got my tickets issued, I immediately booked and got the 1A seat on AA for row LHR-MIA leg but since then I don't have that seat assigned and all F seats are taken up. Called AA reservations but they were being unhelpful. J seems also full and only Main Cabin is available. Suggested to AA reservations for alternatives (non direct,etc) but they were being totally not helpful and suggested to see how it pans out on that day. Pls ... any help! Not looking to be stranded or worse to be in Main Cabin.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by chosun8181
Any suggestions ... I am flying in 10 days on CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA leg. After I got my tickets issued, I immediately booked and got the 1A seat on AA for row LHR-MIA leg but since then I don't have that seat assigned and all F seats are taken up. Called AA reservations but they were being unhelpful. J seems also full and only Main Cabin is available. Suggested to AA reservations for alternatives (non direct,etc) but they were being totally not helpful and suggested to see how it pans out on that day. Pls ... any help! Not looking to be stranded or worse to be in Main Cabin.
You have a paid F or A ticket, so I'm confident that AA won't force you to fly in economy or even business, especially if you're open to alternate flights. A few questions:
  • What does your itinerary on AA's web site look like? Does it show you confirmed on that flight but without a seat?
  • Are you booked with AA flight numbers on the IB flights CMN-MAD-LHR? If so, how do those flights look in your itinerary on AA's web site?
  • Do you have the IB PNR? The AA web site should show it when you view your itinerary. What does your itinerary look like when viewed on the IB site?
Worst case is that you get to LHR and aren't confirmed in F on the flight. In that case, an agent at the airport can put you on an alternate flight, such as F on BA.
Global321 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You have a paid F or A ticket, so I'm confident that AA won't force you to fly in economy or even business, especially if you're open to alternate flights. A few questions:
  • What does your itinerary on AA's web site look like? Does it show you confirmed on that flight but without a seat?
  • Are you booked with AA flight numbers on the IB flights CMN-MAD-LHR? If so, how do those flights look in your itinerary on AA's web site?
  • Do you have the IB PNR? The AA web site should show it when you view your itinerary. What does your itinerary look like when viewed on the IB site?
Worst case is that you get to LHR and aren't confirmed in F on the flight. In that case, an agent at the airport can put you on an alternate flight, such as F on BA.
Assuming OP is talking about flights on 11/28, all LHR-MIA flights are sold out in Y+/J/F on BA and AA. There are 2 F seats left on LHR-JFK... this is going to be one of the busiest travel days of the year so I would probably try, as much as possible, to sort it out before arriving at the airport.
Global321 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.