Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BillyBaroooo
I am looking for the following but not having much luck out of PHL
- Airports: PHL, EWR, BWI, IAD, DCA
- 29.4k EQM needed
- 2.8k EQD needed
EWR-HKG-MLE on CX in PE for $1,937 | 33,100 EQM | 4,500 EQD

One of the HKG-MLE legs books into J. The rest is PE.

Miles should post to your AA account just fine. I flew CX last month and the miles posted for me within a week.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
FIRST SUGGESTION USING SWU's

Originally Posted by aerolulu
Hi guys,

We are a pair of friends looking to do a mileage/run combine a weekend trip along.

We can fly out of any AA hub (preferably MIA, ORD, DFW or maybe JFK) on Thursday or Friday and then need to return by Sunday evening. My friend is exec plat and has some systemwide upgrades he offered to share.

I've been looking and can't find anything interesting. We could do Asia (PVG or PEK?) from ORD which has some great fares but am afraid this would require a 4 day trip at a minimum to spend a day on site? I'm thinking Europe or Latin America would be a better bet even if mileage is a bit lower but would give us a chance to spend a couple days on site. Am also wondering on which routes our changes of clearing the SWU are highest.

Any advice? Thanks!!
Many good fares to Asia, but importantly, if you want to use your friends upgrades(& what a good friend as he probably only gets 4 like I do, unlike just a year or two ago when we got 8 per year), make sure you are in the same PNR (record locator). Otherwise, you won't get the benefit of his EXP status. I think you might just get it if you make SURE to book in the same record locator. I hope that helps with the most important part of this, getting into business on a VERY long flight to ASIA, otherwise it's a pretty exhausting trip! Good luck!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by swingaling
Thanks Swingaling for the info. Can you suggest how I can try the same routing for different date. when I click to change the dates this routing is gone.

Is there any trick to keep the same routing and look at the calendar view for different days.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Thanks Swingaling for the info. Can you suggest how I can try the same routing for different date. when I click to change the dates this routing is gone.

Is there any trick to keep the same routing and look at the calendar view for different days.

Thanks in advance for your help
While these routings *should* be available on most dates, I can't guarantee it. Prices will of course vary when you change the date. Looks like that LAX routing on the return is only available on certain dates. Must be a change in the routing rules (or schedules).

What dates are you looking for?

Edit: Similar routings on different dates below.

https://goo.gl/flights/rq5H

https://goo.gl/flights/Biif

Last edited by swingaling; Oct 15, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA
New to Forum - looking for 25-30K mileage run in Nov/Dec

Hello!

I'm new to this forum, and was looking for some help/advice for my first mileage run. I've been hovering at Gold/Platinum for years, but am on the verge of Platinum Pro. I figured I would just put my head down and see if I could go all the way to Executive Platinum, and would appreciate any advice on how to achieve this.

Departure airport: Chicago (ORD)

Miles Needed: ~30K (I have a few more trips scheduled for this year, so should only need another 25-30K

Required Spend: none

Budget: ~$1000 (or less, is possible)

Travel dates: Nov/Dec weekends. But trying to avoid the major holidays

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by jmcpack
Departure airport: Chicago (ORD)

Miles Needed: ~30K (I have a few more trips scheduled for this year, so should only need another 25-30K

Required Spend: none

Budget: ~$1000 (or less, is possible)

Travel dates: Nov/Dec weekends. But trying to avoid the major holidays
25-30k EQM for under $1k is not gonna happen. There are occasionally ~$400 LAX-HKG fares (15k EQM), but not currently. The only way to get 25k+ EQM in a single trip is by purchasing a premium fare, but there is nothing in your price range ex-US.

ORD-HKG-MLE on CX in PE is $1,953 | 32,000 EQM

ORD-LHR-JNB on BA in PE is $1,815 | 28,700 EQM

ORD-NRT-CGK on AA/JL in Y is $898 | 19,700 EQM
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
While these routings *should* be available on most dates, I can't guarantee it. Prices will of course vary when you change the date. Looks like that LAX routing on the return is only available on certain dates. Must be a change in the routing rules (or schedules).

Thanks Swingaling...that's great..
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:34 am

Thanks for again for all the suggestion. Do you also have any suggested same day mileage runs from Austin or SAT ? I can keep track for next year mileage runs. This year I should be done if I plan for the above mileage runes
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:03 am

I need 20k EQM out of MIA/FLL any Fri-Sunday and budget, budget ~2,000
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP x 1.5, DL GM, JB, HH GLD
Hello to all, particularly those of you who are working overtime to help people in their searches.

Currently EXP, and want to stay that way. My issue is the EQDs, not the miles. So, I glean from what I have been reading that PE fares on some partner airlines provide the highest multipliers in terms of EQDs based on a percentage of miles flown. It seems that AY in J is the best at 40% but most of their premium fare deals book into I, which is a lesser percentage. That being said, I am looking for maximum bang for the buck to try to fill a $6K EQD deficit. I am hoping to do it for less than half that amount in actual dollars spent.

Departure Airports: MIA, FLL, PBI, but realistically, if there is a great deal out of anywhere in the U.S., or even Europe, I have no problem positioning. I love to travel, and am willing to head almost anywhere.

EQDs Needed: $6K [I expect that this will take at least two trips of some type.

Required Spend or Budget: Lowest cost per EQD

Available Travel Dates:
Now through end of year, except Thanksgiving week

Required Metal or Codeshares: Whichever maximizes the EQDs. But if it comes down to BA or Iberia, where you can use miles to upgrade from PE to Business, I would prefer that option over an equivalent CX or other non-upgradeable carrier.

Note: I also have some Citi Thank You rewards built up, if buying a ticket that way will increase the EQD total, and also a lot of BOA points [Are they treated the same way as Thank You points, if you are booking a ticket through their captive site?]

Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by patrickf3
I need 20k EQM out of MIA/FLL any Fri-Sunday and budget, budget ~2,000
MIA-LHR-JNB rt on BA in PE | around 30k EQM
Available many dates for $1,800-$2,200
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Flyerhandle
Departure Airports: MIA, FLL, PBI, but realistically, if there is a great deal out of anywhere in the U.S., or even Europe, I have no problem positioning. I love to travel, and am willing to head almost anywhere.

EQDs Needed: $6K [I expect that this will take at least two trips of some type.

Required Spend or Budget: Lowest cost per EQD

Available Travel Dates:
Now through end of year, except Thanksgiving week

Thank you in advance.
MIA-LHR-JNB/HKG on BA in PE for $1,800-$2,200 | 4,000 EQD

BOS/ORD-HKG-MLE on CX in PE for $1,950 | 4,000-4,500 EQD
There's an entire thread devoted to this one...

No example dates bc I'm on mobile at the moment.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:53 pm

LAX mileage run

Looking for a 15K mileage run on AA from LAX. Any ideas appreciated. Thank you
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP x 1.5, DL GM, JB, HH GLD
MIA-LHR-JNB/HKG on BA in PE for $1,800-$2,200 | 4,000 EQD

BOS/ORD-HKG-MLE on CX in PE for $1,950 | 4,000-4,500 EQD
There's an entire thread devoted to this one...

No example dates bc I'm on mobile at the moment.
Thank you. The JNB option sounds better, because it leaves directly from here, has a good multiplier, I have always wanted to go there, and allows for a potential upgrade to business. Does this have to be booked through BA's website, or will it show up on GF, as I understand from reading that some BA flight sets just don't appear on GF?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by AAmileagerun
Looking for a 15K mileage run on AA from LAX. Any ideas appreciated. Thank you
Try using GF for LAX-CGK/KUL-LAX. Other options include SIN, MNL,BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.