Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by travel_mav
I now have ~2k EQM & $386 EQD from a recent work trip (4 segments @ 500 EQM min each), so I am considering the T fare flights once again to help bring me close enough where a normal inexpensive flight could put me over. Thoughts?
Sure, it's not a bad way to get it done. You'll still need another ~300 EQD to finish it off, but that can be done in a single short trip. Keep in mind that most BA fares require a Saturday night stay for the lowest rates.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:46 am

Thank you so much!!

Originally Posted by swingaling
Good question. The 2.0 EQM multiplier is with AA is often hard to beat, but it is possible by taking a much longer route.

Separate Ticket Combinations:

1. QR via JNB: PHL-DOH-JNB//JNB-DOH-SYD: 66,600 EQM | 44,418 BIS

2. AA/QR via GRU: PHL-MIA-GRU//GRU-DOH-SYD: 65,500 EQM | 40,200 BIS

3. QR: PHL-DOH//DOH-SYD (rt): 43,400 EQM | 28,900 BIS

Single Ticket Options:

1. AA: PHL-LAX-SYD (rt): 39,500 EQM | 19,700 BIS

2. CX/AA: PHL-ORD-HKG-SYD/SYD-HKG-LAX-PHL: 42,400 EQM | 27,200 BIS

3. BA: PHL-LHR-SIN-SYD (rt): 42,600 EQM | 28,400 BIS *Very Expensive*

4. JL/AA: PHL-BOS-NRT-SYD/SYD-ORD-PHL: 42,800 EQM | 23,800 BIS
Note: This is the earnings for booking AA & JL codes (with JL codes only on the NRT-SYD-NRT legs). Booking JL codes for all legs will net 35,700 EQM instead.

5. AA/QR: PHL-AA-CDG-QR-DOH//DOH-QR-SYD: 39,700 EQM | 29,000 BIS
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jlr4travel
Departure Airport: SEA (PDX, YVR if it significantly saves cost)

Miles Needed: 7600 EQMs (No EQDs needed)

Spend/Budget: As cheap as possible can find

Available Travel Dates: Fri-Sun
--Oct 20-22
--Nov 3-5
--Dec 15-17
--Dec 22-24
SEA-JFK-SEA day trip 11/3 or 11/4 is $241, 4820 miles.
SEA-PHX-ABQ-PHX-SEA day trip 11/3 is $210, 3220 miles with 500 mile minimum.
jlr4travel likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Sure, it's not a bad way to get it done. You'll still need another ~300 EQD to finish it off, but that can be done in a single short trip. Keep in mind that most BA fares require a Saturday night stay for the lowest rates.
Thanks, I'm hoping to combine BA Visa & AARP discount to lower a bit. Can use an IHG card annual night for the Saturday stay too
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Gold; SPG PLT100; Marriott Plt; UA Silver
I'm looking for 8,800 EQM OR 7 EQS to qualify for Plat by the end of the year. I already hit the EQD.

Airports to start/end from/at:
Large: PHL (preferred), JFK, EWR, LGA
Small: ABE (preferred), HPN

I don't have to start or end at the same airport. I can get a ride to/from any of these.

Dates available are:
11/11-12
11/18-26
12/2-3
12/9-10
12/16-17
12/22-25
12/30-31

I have two more vacation days that I can tack on to either end of those dates (or midweek).

I've seen some mileage runs posted recently that may work, but was hoping for something cheaper based off segments.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by jlr4travel
Departure Airport: SEA (PDX, YVR if it significantly saves cost)

Miles Needed: 7600 EQMs (No EQDs needed)

Available Travel Dates: Fri-Sun
--Oct 20-22
YVR-DFW-MIA-PTY (rt) on AA in Y for $412 USD | 8,000 EQM
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by PhillyUrbs
I'm looking for 8,800 EQM OR 7 EQS to qualify for Plat by the end of the year. I already hit the EQD.

Airports to start/end from/at:
Large: PHL (preferred), JFK, EWR, LGA
Small: ABE (preferred), HPN
JFK-MXP-HEL//HEL-LHR-JFK on AA/AY/BA in Y for $563 | 9,200 EQM

If you want this fare, buy it now. It's likely to increase substantially in the next 12h (according to GF). Buy it from AA.com. Except for MXP-HEL, it all codes as AA flights. The MXP-HEL is an AY code that earns at a rate of 0.5 EQM.

Alternatively, you can do it by segments.

ABE-PHL-ATL-CLT-MSP//MSP-ORD-ATL-PHL-ABE on AA in Y for $507 | 8 EQS | 4,800 EQM
PhillyUrbs likes this.

Last edited by swingaling; Oct 13, 2017 at 11:30 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Gold; SPG PLT100; Marriott Plt; UA Silver
JFK-MXP-HEL//HEL-LHR-JFK on AA/AY/BA in Y for $563 | 9,200 EQM

If you want this fare, buy it now. It's likely to increase substantially in the next 12h (according to GF). Buy it from AA.com. Except for MXP-HEL, it all codes as AA flights. The MXP-HEL is an AY code that earns at a rate of 0.5 EQM.

Alternatively, you can do it by segments.

ABE-PHL-ATL-CLT-MSP//MSP-ORD-ATL-PHL-ABE on AA in Y for $507 | 8 EQS | 4,800 EQM
Thank you kind sir.

Is there a trick to searching for segment qualifications? or to show the EQMs on GF?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by PhillyUrbs
Thank you kind sir.

Is there a trick to searching for segment qualifications? or to show the EQMs on GF?
Gotta calculate EQMs manually. I use milecalc.com to calculate distance between airports, then calculate EQMs from there using the multipliers on AA.com.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: Aa.com
AA: Milage run help requested out of DFW (15-20kk)

Hi Everyone,
I've been Ep for 2 years now and looking to maintain it again.
I am looking for the following but not having much luck out of dallas.

-Airports: DFW, AUS, ORD
-Miles needed: 15-20k

basically anything cheap and out of texas would be great but not a deal breaker.

thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel512
-Airports: DFW, AUS, ORD
-Miles needed: 15-20k
Easy peasy.

DFW-NRT-CGK rt on AA in Y for $809 | 20,00 EQM
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: United, American, Delta, Usairways, Southwest, Avis, Alamo, Hyatt, Marriot, Intercontinental
Thanks jbeckett and swingaling for the help and the great options!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: OWE
Departure Airport: NYC, BOS

Miles Needed: 10666 EQMs (~800 EQDs needed)

Available Travel Dates: any weekends until 31 DEC, same day turnarounds preferable

thank you for your help!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:24 am

Hi all, I've been PL for years now and am within sniffing distance of EP. Which is timely as I'm looking to do some int'l personal travel next year and would love the SWUs

I am looking for the following but not having much luck out of PHL
- Airports: PHL, EWR, BWI, IAD, DCA
- 29.4k EQM needed
- 2.8k EQD needed

Here's the catch, I'm 6'5 so flying LH in economy is painful at best. PE or BC is about the only way I can do 6+ hours and still be able to walk after.

I've been searching around on partner airlines as well, but color me suspicious on actually receiving EQM/EQDs as expected. Last thing I want is to do a MR and end up short of EP

Any and all help appreciated. TIA!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by staticx813
Departure Airport: NYC, BOS

Miles Needed: 10666 EQMs (~800 EQDs needed)

Available Travel Dates: any weekends until 31 DEC, same day turnarounds preferable

thank you for your help!
BOS-MIA-UIO on AA in J for $874 | 12,400 EQM | 796 EQD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.