Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by milepig
No access to T1-3 AFAIK.

In T5, OZ's official partner lounge is SK, which is adequate. If you're *Alliance Gold, you'll also have access to the SwissPort Lounge and the Lounge used by TK, LO (and possibly others) as well.

It looks like Business class on OZ will get you into the SK lounge.

If you're in coach and not Gold and instead have United Club access, i think you're out of luck.
I've never tried T5 lounge access with my United Club card (when I had a UC card). But it has gotten me *A business lounge access internationally.

According to the *A lounge finder, you should have access to at least the SK lounge, either as a OZ business class flyer or as a UC Club card holder.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder
Old May 22, 2016, 6:36 pm

Is there a priority/business class security line for departures at T5? If so, how long of a wait for a 6PM departure on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend?
Old May 23, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by growler69
Is there a priority/business class security line for departures at T5? If so, how long of a wait for a 6PM departure on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend?
Yes there is a business class priority line. Your guess is as good as mine about Sunday of the holiday weekend.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
2 hour international direct turnaround in ORD

I would be flying from PVG-ORD-PVG on a cheap business fare on MU717/718 for a mileage run; would I have enough time to go through customs and other formalities etc?

Last edited by expatOWflyer; Jun 12, 2016 at 1:23 am
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Well, I think at least your departing flight would still be in Terminal 5 in this case, so that helps. I find the customs lines at ORD hard to predict. Usually they seem ok, but I've seen some long ones too.

My guess is you'd be OK with 2 hours, but you're assuming everything goes smoothly, like your flight arrives on time, you get a gate right away, and you're not in the customs line for more than an hour.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by JBord
Well, I think at least your departing flight would still be in Terminal 5 in this case, so that helps. I find the customs lines at ORD hard to predict. Usually they seem ok, but I've seen some long ones too.

My guess is you'd be OK with 2 hours, but you're assuming everything goes smoothly, like your flight arrives on time, you get a gate right away, and you're not in the customs line for more than an hour.
I'll be flying back on the same aircraft(presumably). I would be arriving/departing midday Thursday the week after next, are the lines predictable? I would have priority security if the Skyteam website serves me correctly, hopefully you can shine some light onto the lines in T5.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Well, I think at least your departing flight would still be in Terminal 5 in this case, so that helps.
That is incorrect.

At ORD American Airlines has no departures from T5. All AA flights from Chicago's O'Hare, including international, depart from T3. Today, for example, flight 289 left from gate K12.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
That is incorrect.

At ORD American Airlines has no departures from T5. All AA flights from Chicago's O'Hare, including international, depart from T3. Today, for example, flight 289 left from gate K12.
These flights are on MU (China Eastern).
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:46 pm

Assuming you aren't checking bags, you can use the 1-Stop lane at O'Hare which can save you a ton of time because you skip the baggage claim area and exit directly into the terminal.

There are generally agents with signs pointing out the lane or you can look for the logo on this page:
http://www.flychicago.com/OHare/EN/A...es/1-Stop.aspx

In my experience that line never looks terribly busy. I'm not sure if it has the APC kiosks so you may want to fill out a paper declaration just in case.

Once you exit from 1-stop, you'll take the escalator up a level to check-in and you should have access to the priority security line to re-enter the terminal.

In any event, if arrive at 12:40 and aren't scheduled to leave until 2:50 so you have more than enough time.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:41 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
Assuming you aren't checking bags, you can use the 1-Stop lane at O'Hare which can save you a ton of time because you skip the baggage claim area and exit directly into the terminal.

There are generally agents with signs pointing out the lane or you can look for the logo on this page:
http://www.flychicago.com/OHare/EN/A...es/1-Stop.aspx

In my experience that line never looks terribly busy. I'm not sure if it has the APC kiosks so you may want to fill out a paper declaration just in case.

Once you exit from 1-stop, you'll take the escalator up a level to check-in and you should have access to the priority security line to re-enter the terminal.

In any event, if arrive at 12:40 and aren't scheduled to leave until 2:50 so you have more than enough time.
There are GE kiosks located at 1-Stop but there are no APC kiosks there, You must fill out a paper customs form.

Depending upon the time of day, there can be long lines. On Saturday at 1 pm, there were only five people in line. I have been there when many dozens of people have been in line (the ~3 pm European flight arrivals) and it can take quite a while.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
I'll be flying back on the same aircraft(presumably). I would be arriving/departing midday Thursday the week after next, are the lines predictable? I would have priority security if the Skyteam website serves me correctly, hopefully you can shine some light onto the lines in T5.
A lot of international flights arrive at ORD midday, so it's all a matter of how packed together the arrivals are that day. I think you're probably fine with 2 hours, I was just pointing out that a late arrival may screw things up. If you do fly out on the same aircraft, that will certainly help of its a late arrival, with the time it takes to unload and load the plane and provision the flight.

Originally Posted by TWA884
That is incorrect.

It's MU not AA.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
I would be flying from PVG-ORD-PVG on a cheap business fare on MU717/718 for a mileage run; would I have enough time to go through customs and other formalities etc?
Today we had 8 wide body arrivals including MU today. They were gated on M15, so the OneStop would work. IF, MU is gated on any of the core gates, M8-M12 forget Onestop as they don't allow back tracking to the side halls.

There is a specific First/Business class lane up on departure so that will help and I'm going to assume you'll already have your BP in hand.

Overall MU's ontime performance has been ok, the only good thing if anything happens is, you're following the flight. So weather delays won't matter.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:24 pm

If anyone is scheduled to fly on EK July 19th, you're in for a treat, it's going to be a A380.

M11 by the end of this month will be officially converted to a duel bridge operation.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MADPhil
These flights are on MU (China Eastern).
It's MU not AA.

Oops, my bad. Apologies.

I had too many tabs opened and was under the mistaken impression that this was the ORD information and connections thread in the AA forum.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:10 pm

Nice! Is this just a one-time swap or is the A380 coming to stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.